Meaning of rusty nails?

Hi Everyone! I’ve been a member for just a few months and have been spending time getting to know our community by enjoying and learning from your posts. I now come to you for help and advice.
Recently, I have been finding rusty nails at random. This morning, I discovered one on my doorstep. Does anyone have any knowledge to share on this meaning? Why are rusty nails appearing in my life…should I be concerned? I feel encouraged to smudge and perform a home blessing, but any other advice or guidance would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!
Blessed Be! :heart::sparkles:

7 Likes

I do know that they’re protective. But here’s a link if you’d like…Concerning The Use & Symbolism Of Nails, by Martin Duffy - Three Hands Press

7 Likes

Did you have anyone in your life who passed that was a carpenter or builder? Maybe they’re thinking of you.

7 Likes

@christina4 Thank you for the link! Lots of good info there, and I appreciate your help.

6 Likes

@Amethyst YES!!! That absolutely makes sense…especially as I think about my Uncle. He was a general building contractor and passed suddenly in 2016. He has been coming to me in various forms lately so this definitely falls into sync with that; I’m feeling a bit silly for not making the connection myself. :blush: I will take it as a sign of protective love (and will still smudge just to clear my energy). Thank you for your feedback! Blessings to you!

9 Likes

It sounds like both @Amethyst and @Christina4 hit the nail on the head so to speak (forgive me :joy:)!

May your uncle continue to watch over you and protect you, and may each nail you find bring a smile to your face, Renata! :blush:

9 Likes

Great job @Amethyst & @christina4!

I wholeheartedly agree. I hope you smile when you see them! :heart:

7 Likes

I often use rusty nails in my hexes~but they can be seen as a binding or protective talisman. That they’ve been rubbed with magick and then driven into the ground to be found by others along the way.

6 Likes

LOL! My Dad used to leave pennies for me. Glad I could help!

4 Likes

I’m so grateful for all of your thoughts! I just found another nail this afternoon, as it rolled off of the roof from somewhere above. :open_mouth: It’s like they keep falling into my world, literally. The vibes are powerful. I was initially worried about a hex of some kind, but this definitely feels more like ancestral protection from beyond the veil. I’m so appreciative of this forum and for having the ability to learn from you all! Blessings to All!

4 Likes

It could mean many things, Perhaps and old building decayed where it fell, the nails remained. Someone may have made a protection jar long ago and that’s all that is left.
Maybe it’s a signal to create a protection bottle.
I’m as confused as you are. But welcome to our coven.

5 Likes

I have a jar of rusty nails!

4 Likes