Medicinal and Magickal- an Introduction to Heather! 🌿

That looks like a lot of Lavender or it could be Salvia. Where were these located at? They are beautiful!

edit I forgot you said you live in Poland correct? Lol silly me. It does look like Heather too!

2 Likes

You are absolutely right, @janelle! I’ll have to go back and truly investigate next time :face_with_monocle: It’s hard to tell from the pics, but those were some huge bushes- about as tall as I am! :laughing: I’ve never seen lavender get to be so big, but it could definitely be Salvia, or possibly a Butterfly Bush as well :butterfly:

And yes, I’m in Poland! In the capital Warsaw at the moment. I’m finding a lot of familiar plants and herbs here (mostly in garden centers and flower shops because it’s a big city) but also several things (like heather!) that I didn’t know about before :star_struck:. It’s been quite the herbal learning experience! :bouquet:

2 Likes

@BryWisteria, thank you for sharing! Great medicinal and spiritual properties.

4 Likes

You’re very welcome, @walter! :purple_heart: I hope heather can become a helpful ingredient in your practice- love and light to you!

3 Likes

Thank you Travel Witch and Francisco for the BOS page! I have never heard of of Heather but it looks like they sell it at Lowe’s. I would like to put this in my Witchey collection!

Blessed be!

6 Likes

Hooray! I’m glad you could find some local heather, @Jeannie1! I am sure it will be a delightful addition to your witchy garden :herb: :blush: Enjoy!

3 Likes

Heather brings luck and it helps with self-discovery. It’s a new beginnings plant!

We’d love to see where you place your new plant, Jeannie!

3 Likes

Wow! @BryWisteria , I love this information! I purchased two kinds of Heather this last weekend to plant in the yard! I’m so happy to hear of the multitude of uses. I have a nature-loving friend named Heather and think a candle made with fresh and dried heather sprigs could be a unique and charming gift! Thank you for sharing! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

You’re very welcome, @Mistella! Congrats on your new heather plants, I’m sure they will be lovely additions to your garden :green_heart: :blush: And oh that sounds like a fantastic idea- a homemade candle is always a lovely gift, and one specially crafted with her namesake flower is sure to be a winner! :sparkles::gift_heart:

Happy crafting and enjoy your new heather plants! :potted_plant: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Oh wow, thanks for all the lovely information. I’ve been focusing on learning the properties of herbs lately and this is very informative! Much appreciated :heart:

4 Likes

It’s my pleasure, @Assyla555! :blush:

Heather is a really interesting one- it shares some properties with its fellow plants in the blue-purple category (there’s something about plants that have this color- lilac, wisteria, heather, lavender, etc that is otherworldly, they tend to be good for Fae/spirit work) but it still has interesting unique traits of its own. A fun one for any herbalist/green witch to explore! :purple_heart:

Good luck with your herbal studies- I’m cheering for you! Blessed be :herb::two_hearts:

4 Likes

Thank you @BryWisteria for so many interesting facts and uses for this wonderful plant. I am literally surrounded by this as the hills all aroind my little village are covered in it. It grows everywhere in Scotland (hence the name scotch heather :rofl:)

As well as its herbal uses, here in Scotland it is also common for men to wear heather on their jacket when going to a wedding.

I also have some in my garden. Now i can try out some of its many uses!

Blessed be

Alan

5 Likes

You’ve got a real abundance of heather there- what a blessing! :grinning: :purple_heart:

And ohhhhh that is such a beautiful decoration. The purple and white of the heather matches the tartan ribbon really well- it’s a gorgeous (and very elegant!) combo :sparkles:

Hooray! Enjoy your work with heather, @Cosmic_Curiosity- if you decide to make or craft anything with it, please feel free to share what you did (and how it went!). Always love to hear about herbal magick! :herb::blush:

Happy gardening and blessed be! :two_hearts:

4 Likes