Merry Meet Monday - Forum News! Aug 30 šŸŒ—

Glad you like the healing spell, @Christina4! :heart:

Sounds like the river is a hoping place, @Amethyst! Definitely stay safe- I think you could use a bucket of water or even a glass instead if that would work better. Always important to stay safe- after all, thereā€™d be no point in a healing spell if it only gives more pain and trouble! :grin::+1: Be well and blessed healing!

:joy:

Pumpkin spiceā€¦ good :+1: . Pumpkin spice spam? :thinking: Even Iā€™d be afraid to give that one a try, and Iā€™ve tried some pretty daring (imo lol) things over the years. Heck, we ate chicken hearts for dinner here the other night (Although to be fair- next time itā€™s on the menu, Iā€™ll have an urgent meeting elsewhere :face_with_hand_over_mouth: :nauseated_face: )

6 Likes

Ew. You brave soul.

6 Likes

So, tidbit about me & my father. My father was an avid eater of chicken hearts, gizzards, livers; they come in like a cup container here that you can buy at the deli or meat counter. Anywho, when I was young, really youngā€¦ think toddler. I would eat them with him. Apparently I enjoyed them! Nowā€¦ fast forward 40 yearsā€¦ absolutely not. I havenā€™t eaten them since before I was 5 years old & donā€™t have any plans to start. :rofl:

The same goes for seafood or anything that comes out of the water. No way Jose! I canā€™t even stand the smell. However, for this one the general consensus is that when I was young, somewhere along the line I had bad seafood. Either it was cooked wrong or was just bad. Even now though, I have to walk away from areas where any of it is being prepared. As a twist though, I make some amazing Maryland Crab Cakes. I just have to have someone help me with them because certain points of making them is hard for me.

6 Likes

I donā€™t know if I earned that title lol- I ate one little one and excused myself from dinner :face_with_hand_over_mouth: :laughing:

You were a brave kid, Siofra! We struggle to get my partnerā€™s young nephew to eat even normal baby foods- it sounds like you were the opposite of picky as a kid! :laughing: :+1:

It seems like lots of Polish people enjoy them and I guess there are lots of health benefits in eating certain animals parts. When cooked properly itā€™s not even the taste so much as the thought- it seems some of us (myself definitely included) have a serious mental barrier when it comes to eating certain things! :woman_shrugging:

7 Likes

I definitely recommend staying away from haggis then :rofl:

6 Likes

Hahaha! I agree! My father is definitely not 1 of the people with a mental barrier. He will eat anything that comes out of the water & non-traditional animals & their parts. Eeewwwā€¦ My brother isnā€™t as bad, but he has eaten some things that I figure heā€™s old enough to make his own decisions at this point. :rofl:

6 Likes

LOL I avoided haggis on my trip to Scotland, @IrisW- it strikes fear in my heart :joy:

Your father is made of tough stuff, @Susurrus! :grin: Hahaha it takes a strong mind (and stomach!) to be able to eat just about anything!

6 Likes

Nothing but old news here! To find out whatā€™s happening this week, visit Activities to find and post your thoughts in the current Merry Meet Monday.