Merry Meet Monday - Forum News! March 29 šŸ¦‹

Sending energy your way! :zap: And good luck to your son ā€“ Iā€™m cheering him on! :four_leaf_clover: I 100% understand the overthinking it ā€“ the one question I missed on the written portion was because I overthought it and put what I thought the answer SHOULD be, not what the law actually says >.< haha

On the bright side, I missed it for a super stupid reason. The question was about who in the car needed to be wearing their seatbelt when the driver was a certain age (thanks, graduated driverā€™s license system for making things more complicated!), and I said that EVERYONE should be strapped in (the actual word on the test, which was also misleading!), but the answer was that only the front seat passengers were required (again, the word should, not required was used on the test) to be strapped in :roll_eyes: Such a stupid question to mark people wrong for. lol

7 Likes

I am FIRED FULL of moon energy! Now to try and capitalize on that instead of sliding back into a slumpā€¦trying to be a bit more focused lately (trying is the operative word) as I tend to want to learn about everything all at once and then feel I never know anything.
This week Iā€™ve got a lot of yoga any intention is to find other things during the day that are also serving my greater good.
Blessed be my coven

5 Likes

Definitely let me know how things went!!!

5 Likes

My son got his license on his first try! The examiner said he had never had someone so nervous before, but he did great! Iā€™m elated right now. Thank you @Jewitch & @AliceInWonderdab & everyone wishing him well.

Now I need to find something to do for gratitude. I did a meditation in the car while I was waiting for him. I have all of this good energy now after a rocky start this morning.

7 Likes

Yay!!! WOOT WOOT Ty!!! :partying_face:

5 Likes

Turned my day right around @Tamera, I am so happy for him. I am going to do a gratitude spell. Today has been great. I did a meditation in the car while he was taking his test & when I finished, he was finished also!

4 Likes

Yay! Congrats to @Basil and @Rowan! Good job on keeping this place going!

@Susurrus I hope your son does well today! Iā€™ll be thinking of him. Hope you feel better too. Once your morning is messed up the whole day just gets awful. Good luck! OOh, I see he passed! Thatā€™s great! Congratulations!

5 Likes

@Amethyst
Been busy promoting the site, done nothing but chatting, all day, to this 75 year old lovely woman that never heard of Spells8 :blush:

4 Likes

Thatā€™s great! We can use some Crone energies in here!

4 Likes

@Amethyst
She makes me crack with old English lines.
After all these years living & learning in UK!

4 Likes

Hey Iā€™d lived for about twenty-five years in WV before I learned some of the slang. Still not too sure about some of it. You learn something new each day!

4 Likes

@Amethyst
Sure you do, you live and learn.:revolving_hearts:

4 Likes

@Amethyst
In Spain there was once this man who run the Royal Academy of Spanish Language.
He said that ā€œTACOSā€ or swearing is what makes languages to evolve.
In a worl of ā€œStiff upper Lipsā€, we are missing the richness of the low words that give form to our vocabulary.
Yet, thereā€™s a time and a place for those.
Play with them, use them as often as you like. Just be aware of who you are talking too.:wink:

4 Likes

Heh. I donā€™t do good with talking much. Half the time I donā€™t know what to say. I guess I save my talking for the written word.

5 Likes

@Amethyst
Donā€™t say anything then.
We should all practice listening more often.:smiley:
And not just people!
You are wise & oldšŸ™

5 Likes

Congrats to your son on his successful road test, @Susurrus! Super exciting! :partying_face:

You are very welcome, @Rowan- thank YOU for being so awesome! :heart:

Ohhh I know the feeling @Jewitch- some of the questions on the test are awful! Like they are designed to make people fail :woman_shrugging: I think itā€™s really impressive that there was only one question that gave you a tough time- the written tests are very tricky, so you must be very smart! :clap: :blush:

That is awesome @AliceInWonderdab - enjoy that full moon energy :full_moon_with_face: I hope you have a great time with yoga and your magickal practice this week. Blessed be! :sparkles:

Hope everyoneā€™s week is off to a great start! :raised_hands:

6 Likes

Thursday is both National Atheist Day (World Atheist Day is in March) and Maundy Thursday in the US. :thinking: Itā€™s slightly entertaining and I canā€™t wait to see the social media posts on that day. :sweat_smile: Sunday is Easter for western forms of Christianity.

Fun fact: eggs are used during Easter because of the early Christian embrace of eggs (and seeds) as being symbols of rebirth. 1 Clement even references the Phoenix as another symbol of rebirth or the afterlife. As pointed out during Samhain, the evolution of many ā€œpaganā€ faiths and Christianity happened in relation and in reaction to each other. These beliefs werenā€™t created in a vacuum.

I have a four day weekend starting Thursday. I am looking forward to a peaceful time with coffee to celebrate the Group Ritual. One doctor appointment this week and some work on the shower round out my plans.

Wishing you all the best this week.

5 Likes

Fascinating to hear about the ties between Easter eggs and pagan beliefs- always love to learn about these interconnections! :egg: :blush:

Hope you enjoy your four-day weekend, @praecog29 . I know you mentioned youā€™ve been working hard lately- time for a much-needed rest! Love and Light to you :sparkling_heart:

3 Likes

Nothing but old news here! To find out whatā€™s happening this week, visit Activities to find and post your thoughts in the current Merry Meet Monday.