Merry Meet Monday - Magick News of the Week! Dec 12 - 18 šŸŒœ

Thank you @Medea! My first appointment went very well. My next appointment is for the Botox injections for migraines. They have really helped I maybe get one a year now but I will get a mild headache that just lets me know itā€™s getting close to my next appointment. Those I usually can get a handle on if I lay down or take ibuprofen. I have chronic severe migraines & a medication to take in case of a random breakthrough migraine that really works well also!

So far so good! All good reports from my first appointment & I go back on Jan 4 for a final looksie. :smiling_face:

8 Likes

@Medea omg i love fiorect. But with my meds for my illness i cant have it anymore, bc of the acetaminophen. Which totally SUCKS. but u are correct it gets rid of them quick

8 Likes

Well back in the day I can honestly say I never had a hangoverā€¦lol

9 Likes

Good so as long as you have a backup the thought of a headache makes me sick to my stomach I wish you well :revolving_hearts:

9 Likes

@Medea i would rather have a full blown migraine than the twingy ones ive been having. At least with a migraine it would be over. Stress sucks

8 Likes

:100: agreedā€¦ It really sucks when you go down the stairs or step too hard and then :boom:you have a headache.

8 Likes

Medea,
Thatā€™s amazing!!! Iā€™m so excited for you! Two years ago was the first year for me. To be honest, it felt odd to not do all the cutesy stuff/animated decorations (kids are grown now) that I had done for so long.
I send all the most positive vibes for your Yule to be everything you imagine/intend.
Blessed Be,
Rowan

8 Likes

Rowan, thank you so very much for the positive vibes! I truly need it. Even though my kids are grown and gone I probably would still decorate for my grandchildren but forces beyond My control have moved into a neighborhood that kids donā€™t come around and I donā€™t want my grandchildren over here either Iā€™m waiting for a lawsuit to finish so I can move into a better neighborhood so I understand how you feel when you say it feels odd but I can decorate and celebrate :partying_face: and nobody can stop me from that thanks again blessed to be

7 Likes

@Medea, I absolutely have a backup just in case I do wind up with a full-blown one for some reason. Itā€™s happened before when it hasnā€™t been a breakthrough or a mild headache that can otherwise be taken care of easily. This saves me from needing narcotics or other types of pain-related medicines to relieve them. It has worked very well for me since I started using this treatment. :smiling_face:

@Mistress_Of_Herbs I was thinking about it & Iā€™m with you, I donā€™t like the little twingy ones that are kind of maybe I will be a migraine or maybe notā€¦ if Iā€™m going to have oneā€¦ Iā€™d rather just have the migraine & deal with it so it passes & not itty bitties that just come & go as they please for however long. Just have the migraine & get it over with all in one shot. I hope that if you are still having them, they ease for you & ultimately go away! :people_hugging:

Iā€™m feeling good today though! Just one appointment this AM & then back to regularly scheduled programming for me :laughing:

7 Likes

Congrats guys keep up the awesome effort :heart:

7 Likes

@Susurrus honey ive had migraines for 30 yrs. Its just another thing i deal with

6 Likes

Congratulations! @Mistress_Of_Herbs and @marsha. I appreciate you both!

@Susurrus glad to hear you have flow and your daughter is feeling better! I hope your migraines get better. They suck big time!

I hope this week has been going better for @Rowan! I like your decorations. That Yule placard is beautiful!

Hope you are enjoying your easy week and your visit with your sister @MeganB.

Glad you got a new modem and you figured out what was wrong @Amethyst. Yay recipes!! Thank you. I will have to look for those. There are a number of posts I miss on a regular basis. There is so much activity here, which is great. But I canā€™t keep up.

[quote=ā€œMedea, post:18, topic:32012ā€]
e I can draw stick people like a professionalā€¦lol
[/quote] @Medea -too funny!!! On another note, I hope you enjoy decorating how you would like this year!

@BryWisteria, yesterday I quickly jumped in here first thing in the morning and saw the Thursday meditation post, thought it was Thursday so got out of bed and started to scramble as I wasnā€™t ready for Thursdayā€™s list of to dos. About a 1/2 hour later I realized it was Wednesday. At once I was relieved to have more time and disappointed as the weekend was a day further away. :joy:

@Mistress_Of_Herbs 30 years of migraines! :cry: sorry to hear that. I hope they go away for you, you have had them long enough!
I started getting occipital migraines a few years back. They donā€™t come with a lot of pain but they come with vision problems. I canā€™t see in certain spots. Itā€™s weird. The first time I couldnā€™t see in front of me. Only peripheral vision worked. My friend was driving me home and I told him his head disappeared. I went right to my eye doctor.

This week is busy at work. I think I will stop mentioning that and only start mentioning when it slows down. I had a mental image pop up in my head of the 7 dwarves in the diamond mine. I should sing myself to work. :joy: ā€œhi ho hi ho, itā€™s off to work I goā€

Week is good so far. Working at getting caught up at work so I can have less stress.

My youngest son has been sick enough to stay home but not super sick. He is back to school today. He messed a dinner last night with the cadets so he was really disappointed!!!
UPDATE: I was wrong about my son being better today. As he started moving around to get ready for school he seems worse. He said his heart is burning, especially when he coughs :cry:

Almost at the weekend!! I donā€™t know why I get excited for the weekend since I usually work anyway and if it isnā€™t work work itā€™s house work. :joy:

Have a great rest of your week everyone!!!

7 Likes

@Mistress_Of_Herbs you & me both! Iā€™ve had them sinceā€¦ Oh goodness I canā€™t remember when they started, but after 2003 they got significantly worse & almostā€¦ constantā€¦ after years of kind dealing with them & every once in a while heading to the ER for a migraine cocktail (my chart had the medicines in it they give me through IV & how long for me to rest before discharging meā€¦ as long as the first dose worked but that I could have the same a 2nd time if it wasnā€™t helping) plus one :ambulance: ambulance ride to Boston :flushed: & my 3rd neurologistā€¦ we finally found something that helps me. So, I wonā€™t mess with what works for me now :rofl: My son thanks me every so often for sharing my migraines & back things with him. :laughing:

@Phoenix_Rose Iā€™m alright now, I had my treatment onā€¦ Tuesday. So I had a mild headache that night because of the original one that had started, but Iā€™m all good now. Plus I get a bit extra on the right side & in my jaw joints. Iā€™m sorry to hear about the occiptal migraines. My migraines will affect my vision also & I have to keep at least one eye closed or my favorite is closing all the shades, the door, & laying on a pillow with blankets over my head because it just hurts to look at things & some things, I just canā€™t see. I also try not to drive after dark because I have a hard time if somewhere that Iā€™m not familiar with & the oncoming lights (especially the LED ones or the ones with a blue hue) they will trigger a migraine for me too. Thank you! :hugs:

But! Much better now! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: No appointments today so Iā€™ll be able to move through the forum a bit more today! :revolving_hearts:

6 Likes

Yeah, I get that feeling sometimes. I work hard to keep up and there are still things I miss. Itā€™s all good.

Hope you get some time to rest this weekend!

6 Likes

Oh my goodness I think I do this at least once a week- if not that, then definitely once every other week! Thereā€™s something about Tuesday-Wednesday and Wednesday-Thursday that messes with the mind :sweat_smile:

Iā€™m gonna slap a big ā€œLiminalā€ label on Wednesdays and leave it at that :rofl:

Hang in there, my friend- the weekend is slowly but surely on its way! :heart::blush:

Just have to pop in to say that you do a legendary job, Amethyst- especially with those Introduction posts! :clap: With the hefty amount of new content in the forum these days, I donā€™t think anyone can catch everything 100% of the time. There are times when I catch things that I somehow missed too!

The forum was once a little sapling, but itā€™s grown quite beautifully over the years and is now truly a tree- our own Infinite Roots! :infinite_roots: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

5 Likes

Aww, thank you, love! We have grown a lot, itā€™s so nice to know so many like-minded people!

5 Likes

I am so far, yes! Thank you :blush:

Oh no, thatā€™s no fun! :heart: I hope he feels better soon :pray:

no more liminal talk pleeassseeee :sweat_smile: for the last three days Iā€™ve pulled some form of daily draw that has ā€œliminalā€ or ā€œliminalityā€ as a keyword. Itā€™s definitely going to be my word of the year for next year until I can figure out why it keeps popping up!

4 Likes

I have to agree with this 100%, there are times that I just canā€™t keep up either & if I miss any length of time, I get so overwhelmed that I dismiss everything & start over again. I always wind up back to where the original notifications come from, but @Amethyst, you do an amazing job!

@MeganB Iā€™m pretty sure we should have labels as the liminal twinsā€¦ Iā€™m constantly drawing or in some kind of liminality :laughing: I completely understand where you are coming from with that one.

4 Likes

Iā€™m seriously going to find a way to incorporate that word into every single month for next year. Thereā€™s gotta be something bigger going on there that I just canā€™t see right now :laughing: I mean, I definitely feel very liminal, especially right now. But I also feel that in both a physical way and a spiritual way :thinking: like the tide is in the middle of shifting and it isnā€™t quite done yet.

4 Likes

Iā€™m still there, but had to slow down a bitā€¦ which is why I think Iā€™m still thereā€¦ but slowly Iā€™m getting there. I feel the same way, that itā€™s definitely a big shift that Iā€™m working towardā€¦

Iā€™ll let you know if my creative juices come up with ways to work that in each month :grin:

4 Likes