Merry Meet Monday - Magick News of the Week (Dec 26 - Jan 1) šŸŽ†

Update to the MMM:

This weekā€™s group ritual is now LIVE in the forum- please click the picture and/or link here to visit the full ritual page:

12-29-2022 New Year's Ritual

(Group Ritual - Dec 29) :dizzy: New Yearā€™s Welcoming Ritual

Weā€™re about to leap into a brand new calendar year- so donā€™t jump blindly! Now is a great time to prepare and lay a foundation for what is soon to come :sunrise: This weekā€™s ritual involves reflection and farewells to the past year, and then a lucky cinnamon ritual to sweep in some good luck for the year to come :broom::brown_heart:

ā€œSeeā€ you on Thursday- cheers, Infinite Roots! :clinking_glasses: :heart::sparkles:

7 Likes

Thank you @Jeannie1 I think the forum was just quiet this past week for the holidays is all :wink:
I have been doing some catch up reading lately :green_heart:
I hope you have a wonderful new year, and I think it is wonderful your son is learning from you. That is very special :yellow_heart: :two_hearts:
:butterfly:

8 Likes

Matter of factā€¦ I hope everyone has a :tada:GREAT NEW YEAR!!! :tada:

@Amethyst I love cartoons too! What are your favorites?
I enjoy Bugs Bunny, Tom and Jerry, Pink Panther, and well all of them and South Park is my favorite adult rated cartoon :grin:
I too can so relate to age reality!! :raised_hand: slaps you right in the face sometimes!! Iā€™m looking for the spell for staying young, active, and healthy if anyone has a copy :pray: LOL
:butterfly:

5 Likes

My thoughts and prayers are with you @AileyGrey
Wishing you the best possible outcome. Keep us updated :hugs:
With much love :heart:

6 Likes

Thank you love! I will!

6 Likes

I know Iā€™m late to the post, but!

Congratulations :tada: to @TheDarkestDesire for sharing the most posts & your thought-provoking questions! Congratulations :confetti_ball: to @Sarafeena_Sage for spreading the love! Great job ladies, thank you for everything you do within the coven.

@Amethyst, Iā€™m planning on doing some cleaning & cleansing this week as well! Mostly in my room/spaceā€¦ itā€™s gotten a bit disorganized sing Iā€™ve done laundry & after the holidays. Now my closet is empty but there are still boxes that either need to go to recycling or be used for storage of some things.

I did find a cute cross-stitch downstairs. So Iā€™m hoping to be able to start that after making up a couple of wearable roller oils & I need to make up some more of Brighidā€™s incense too. Iā€™m looking forward to that, it;s been a while since Iā€™ve really made up an incense. The weather is back & forth so my hands canā€™t do much with the mortar & pestle. So coffee grinder here I come! :laughing:

Iā€™m laying a bit low this week, we are pretty sure that my oldest son came home with Covid because yesterday I tested positive & today my other son & my husband tested positive. My daughter has separated herself from us because she has tested negative twiceā€¦ I let her take the Xbox from the living room into her room so she can use the streaming services or play games. She also has a spray can of Lysol & Lysol wipes in there. She is wiping things down as she comes out or sprays the rooms. Such as her bedroom, the hall, bathroom, doorknobs, controller & game systemā€¦ sheā€™s been telling me that sheā€™s saving our lives :laughing:

I hope everyone has a great week! I will be back in as normal once I feel better! :two_hearts:

8 Likes

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :heartpulse: :people_hugging:

8 Likes

I bet! We were back in thirties today and me and Sally were like, heat wave! LOL!

Justice League Unlimited, Batman TAS, and ones that are older, they donā€™t make cartoons like they used to. And right there, Iā€™m showing my age. LOL!

Never got into South Park that much, Cartman gets on my nerves too much.

And if you find a spell for staying young, youā€™ve got to share!

Cleaning up after the holidays is the biggest downer ever. Seriously, taking down the tree was always the most depressing of jobs ever.

I hope yā€™all donā€™t get Covid bad, and that Peanut is able to stay safe!

7 Likes

:rofl:. too funny!!!

8 Likes

I was driving at the time, and I almost wrecked! LOL!

6 Likes

This has been a crazy week. Last Wednesday was my last day of work until January 3rd. I was planning on cleaning and reading and just enjoying some alone time. Hubby came down with Covid on Thursday so Christmas was a no go. He finally went back to work yesterday. I have had house painters at my house since Monday and they still arenā€™t done. I really need to practice some gratitude. Lol!

5 Likes

Oh my, @Ostara! That sounds awful! I hope the painters get finished and go away and leave you with at least a couple of days of peace.

5 Likes

Thank you @Amethyst. They didnā€™t show up today because itā€™s going to rain. Itā€™s been a nice day catching up on my reading!

5 Likes

Glad you got some rest, and some reading done, @Ostara!

5 Likes

@Ostara Iā€™m so sorry things didnā€™t go as planned! But Iā€™m glad you got some rest & some reading done.

I can empathize with your husband & the holidays. My oldest son brought Covid home to me, on Christmas Eve, and by the day after Christmas, I was feeling it. Then, my 2nd sonā€¦ he had been downstairs with my oldest a few times to wake him up Christmas Day & be a younger brother to him & wound up with Covid too. Then when he had the bright idea to stay with his girlfriend because my oldest, me, & my husband were sickā€¦ he wound up giving it to his girlfriend. So they have been in her room all week because they are the only 2 that are sick over there. He did have to go to the doctor to get a note for missing work. Monday he tested negative for Covid which is where the idea to stay at her house stemmed from but yesterday when he was tested by the doctor he was positive. I seem to have been hit the hardest. Everyone else is doing considerably better than I am, which is why I have been kind of minimally participating in the forum this week.

My symptoms have been waxing & waning. I feel like Iā€™m finally coming to the end though & starting to actually feel at least a bit better todayā€¦ so hopefully, through the weekend it will continue on the upswing.

If anyone gets or buys anything from Tamed Wild, their Cold & Flu tea blend is amazing & has helped my symptoms so muchā€¦ I ran out after 6 servings that I had, so I wound up buying a large container of it from them when I finished what I hadā€¦ since then I have been drinking a couple of different tea blends to help with my tummy & having a cold & sinusesā€¦ kind of mixing it up throughout my days because the warm tea feels good.

@Jeannie1 you are amazing! I think itā€™s great that your son & you have been able to bond & learn about the craft together. Self-care is always a great thing to practice too! I can understand wanting the topics to be well done & not half-assedā€¦ but I think you would be able to offer a lot of information in a great way to the forum even now, you donā€™t have to feel like you need to live up to or exceed any kind of expectations, just be yourself & share your knowledge that you have! You will be able to help others that may be just starting with what you do know & as a starting point for them to further their studies & knowledge also!

@Phoenix_Rose I love cartoons too! :laughing: We have had marathons of watching things like EVERY episode available of Scooby Doo & a few others. They become family things that we doā€¦ off the top of my head, I canā€™t remember some of the others we have done it withā€¦ still kind of foggy-brained. :rofl:

@Amethystā€¦ I didnā€™t have any appointments this week either! That never happens for me & probably a good thing because I wouldnā€™t have wanted to try to focus on any questions or symptoms of anything this week :joy: I also didnā€™t get much cleansing or cleaning doneā€¦ a lot of laying down & sleeping though! My daughter somehow was the only person in the house that totally avoided getting sick in any wayā€¦ although we did have to stop her from spraying the Lysolā€¦ it wound up giving me a headache that was borderline a migraine & a very upset & not happy tummy.

@AileyGrey Iā€™m glad the surgery seemed to go well & I can understand the feeling of not needing glasses anymoreā€¦ I have needed them since I was in elementary school. I havenā€™t had to have any cataract surgeries like you & @marsha, but I do have astigmatism in my right eye along with lattice degeneration too. I believe I have mild astigmatism in my left eyeā€¦ but I could be wrong about thatā€¦ I have to wear special contacts in my right eye. Iā€™m glad the surgery did go well & hope the healing goes even better!

@TheDarkestDesire you are very welcome & it is well deserved! I canā€™t wait to see how your work comes out for the couple that you are working with & the knot magic!

@Sarafeena_Sage you are also well deserving of the shout-out! You offer so much to the coven with your knowledge & suggestions. I love reading the things that you have suggested for others!

@MeganB I love that planner & have it in a cart on the site, but since I just got a 2023 planner from Biddy Tarot & one a bit earlier than Thanksgiving, I think my husband will wonder what I need so many calendars & planners for :laughing: I also have a Weekly Witchy Planner that I want to start using to kind of put my practice into some kind of order with my daily things around the house.

I know I sort of answered different things from this topic as well as others, but currently, it was easier to answer people with what I want to say in one thread than bouncing around. I feel like Iā€™m getting better slowly but surely, but moving around the forum & typing & reading the screen is a bit tiring & gives me a slight headache after a bit still. Better than the last few days when I couldnā€™t even formulate words or wrap my head around what I wanted to say vs what I was looking at :laughing:

@BryWisteria Iā€™m going to have to head over to the group ritual nextā€¦ I did do a small one yesterday while drinking my 3rd cup of tea for the day :grin: Itā€™s been a tea kind of week for me.

@TheMuslimWitch Iā€™m getting ready to write my intentions & such for the New Year this weekend! I have a few in mind & a few that are add-ons to continue with the progress that I have made over the last year. :smiling_face:

I know I have been slacking on Tending Brighidā€™s Flame, but Iā€™m hoping next week Iā€™ll be able to keep up with it a lot better than I have been.

9 Likes

So far Iā€™m really enjoying it! It has a lot of really thought-provoking questions in it to be answered from the perspective of three years in the future. Iā€™m going to turn it into a full-blown New Year ritual :laughing: Iā€™ve gotta do my yearly tarot reading, too!

6 Likes

Nothing like Covid for Christmasā€¦ that was us last year! By some amazing miracle, my household of 8 managed to stay well through Christmas! Someone has been sick since August! I am hoping we have run the gambit and gotten our immune systems back on track! Sheesh! I hope all of you are on the mend and feeling better soon!

6 Likes

Thank you! I seem to be the only one still feeling the effects of it. So everyone else is just kind of, doing their thing. Iā€™m still bleh, is the best way to put it. Lolā€¦ & Iā€™m the one that leaves the house the least out of everyone! Iā€™m glad that they feel better & have gotten through it before New Yearā€™s Eve though. I know they each had plans, Iā€™ll be home with my trusty pupper. Iā€™m not really a group of people that some are my people but most are not my people type of person. I have a very small circleā€¦ most of which live in my house. :rofl: Introvertā€¦ I had that down pat before it was a thing :joy:

6 Likes

I hope youā€™re on the up too, @Susurrus! I was lucky my bout of Covid was just sinus. Sounds like you got the whole thing.

Probably a good thing, since youā€™ve been so sick. I hope your daughter has been taking good care of you!

5 Likes

Wishing you the best with your intentions in 2023 :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

6 Likes