Merry Meet Monday - Magick News of the Week! Dec 27 šŸŽ†

Merry Meet !

Here is your weekly update about exciting happenings in both the forum and the witchy world at large this week:

Upcoming Events :spiral_calendar:

Mark your calendars so you donā€™t miss out on these events!

[ [ Moon Phase: Last Quarter Moon :last_quarter_moon: ] ]

Today, Monday, December 27th , we will be blessed by the light of the Last Quarter Moon. This is actually the first of two major moon phases this week!

Last-Quarter-Moon-Phase-Spells

The last quarter moon is a time of rest and the banishment of negative energies or forces in your life :broom: .

For more information about specific spells recommended for the last quarter moon, visit the guide Moon Magic: Spells for Every Lunar Phase: Last Quarter .

Waning-Moon-Magick-Ritual-Ideas-750x500

The Last Quarter Moon is a Waning Moon phase. For more Moon Magick and the best spells for this time of month, visit the Waning Moon Magick Guide. :last_quarter_moon:

Find current moon information for your location as well as complementary spells and rituals to draw on todayā€™s moon energy on the Spells8 Lunar Spell Page :full_moon_with_face:

[ [ Group Ritual : Together with Your Coven :infinite_roots: ] ]

Join in for a shared group ritual meditation and coven chat on Thursday, December 30th - this activity is open to all members of the forum :tea:

Spells8 Group Tea Meditation Ritual

• The group meditation ritual has step-by-step instructions that you can join in on your own schedule at any time during the day

• If youā€™d like, there is a scheduled hour-long live Zoom chat to do the ritual as a group as well as meet and greet fellow coven members

Group meditation rituals and conversations are held every Thursday. Feel free to visit last weekā€™s group ritual post to get an idea about what to expect.

Please note that group rituals are hosted in A Sacred Space - you must be logged into your Spells8 account to access the ritual.

Donā€™t have an account yet? No worries! You can join Spells8 here :sparkles:

[ [ Freebie Friday :flower_playing_cards: ] ]

Have a burning question on your mind? Seeking some guidance for how to best approach a problem? :thinking:

Now is your chance to find some answers, as the talented @MeganB is kindly offering free readings via tarot or oracle! :crystal_ball:

Picture from Pexels

The next Freebie Friday post will be Friday, December 31st . For more information and to get an idea about what to expect, check out the previous Freebie Friday :tada:

[ [ Moon Phase: New Moon :new_moon: ] ]

We will be blessed by the presence of the New Moon (sometimes called the Dark Moon) on Sunday, January 2nd - although the exact time will vary according to your location.

New-Moon-Spells

While many witches see the New Moon as a time of rest and reflection, others choose to cast magick specific to this phase of the moon cycle. You can learn more about the symbolism of the New Moon in Moon Magic: New Moon :new_moon:

New-Moon-Ritual-Ideas

Additionally, the New Moon Spells and Rituals Page has more information and a list of recommended spells for this special time :new_moon:

[ [ Other Events of Interest :mag: ] ]

A collection of curious (and perhaps conversation-starting!) events coming up this week that may or may not be witchy-related:

:spiral_calendar: For more upcoming pagan events, you can check the 2021 Pagan Holiday Calendar, the list of Magical Days for Your Planner , and the Spells8 Email Newsletter

Ongoing Activities :raised_hands:

Join these current activities any time before their deadlines

[ [ Weekly Witchy Challenge :trophy: ] ]

Every week, a challenge is presented to all members of the forum to explore new areas of magick and bring out the best of everyoneā€™s diverse talents.

The theme for this week is The Magick of Happiness :blush:

Witch Challenge Magick of Happiness

This challenge will close Tuesday, December 28th at 7:00 AM EST (Eastern Standard Time)

After this time a Props and Presents post will appear to give recognition and prizes to all participants :gift: And as always, a brand new challenge will arrive on Wednesday for all challenge enthusiasts.

Are you ready? Join the challenge here: Weekly Witchy Challenge - The Magick of Happiness :blush:

[ [ Energy Exchange Circle :hugs: ] ]

Do you have a little extra love to share and are looking for ways to help out a fellow coven member? Or perhaps youā€™ve fallen on hard times and could use some positive vibes your way?

Spells8 Energy Exchange Circle

The Energy Exchange Circle is run by the warmhearted @praecog29 and is a great way to support and show love to coven members going through hard times. To do a good deed and show you care, consider leaving a note of support in the current thread:

More information about the covenā€™s wholesome energy exchange can be found in the Energy Exchange Wiki - 2021 .

Thanks for spreading the love! :heart:

[ [ Spells8 Book Club :books: ] ]

Calling all book lovers! The next reading period for the Spells8 book club has now begun!

You can find more details and submit your book to read in the current thread: :open_book: Spells8 Book Club XII (Dec 10 - Jan 7)

Spells8 Book Club

Please note that this reading period will end on Friday, January 7th .

More information about the book club and how to join can be found in Book Club F.A.Q and Introduction .

Happy Reading! :open_book:

New Members :wave:

Merry meet to all of the new members who have joined the forum over the past week!

:infinite_roots: Welcome to the Forum and the Infinite Roots Coven! :infinite_roots:

@albert, @adeline, @JaniceMarie, @jennifer73, @charlotte11, @gabrielle9, @brandi9, @darla, @MyaMunster13, @Nettie, @tiffany25, @Athena, @alicia15, @allyssa, @heather46, @melina, @naomi4, @emily37, @cindy8, @pilar, @matt1, @jennifer74, @nicole37, @shelley, @theloneblkwolf, @christy8, @christina25, @janet4, @angel13, @jami2, @goodlife, @hebe, @janah, @lisa40, @willow777, @paul1, @cassandra6, @sn1, @pamela13, @rosharee1, @sarah46, @jasmine13, @amy48, @DaynaLayna, @melissa28, @tan, @melissa29, @CourtneyTann, @angel14, @venus1, @julia12, @alana1, @jillian4, @agnes1, @yolanda4, @guadalupe1, @CandiAnn, @Kaylan, @Tirus, @diane3, @eunji, @christopher10, @ashley48, @tiffany26, @lynsey1, @gigiandbrad090621, @mary32, @ashley49, @brunilda

If you havenā€™t done so already, please feel free to say hello to your new coven by creating a new topic in the Introductions Category . Consider sharing a bit about who you are and your journey into practicing magick :sparkles:

We would all love to give you a warm welcome to the forum family! :hugs:

Special Shout-Outs :loudspeaker:

• Bravo to @Christina4 for sharing the most posts in the forum over the past week! :writing_hand: We are blessed by your words of wisdom and encouragement- thank you! :two_hearts:

• Lots of love back to @Debra2 for giving out the most hearts over the last seven days! :heart: Thank you for spreading the love- you make the forum a wonderful place to be :blush:

Note : Those who have received shout-outs for three weeks in a row are awarded the MMM badge . They will not be counted in shout-outs again for a two-month rest period.

And of course, wishing a very hearty thank you to all members of the Spells8 coven :infinite_roots:.

Your contributions and love help to make this a welcoming and supportive place for solitary witches all around the world. Thanks for being here! :sparkles:

Picture from Pixabay

Double major moon phases and the final week of 2021! :last_quarter_moon: :new_moon: Will you be casting any magick to welcome in 2022? :sparkles:

Whether itā€™s magickal or mundane, feel free to share your current happenings or give a shout-out to your fellow coven members in the comments below!

Blessed be! :fireworks: :infinite_roots:

14 Likes

Congrats @christina4 and @debra2 :partying_face:

7 Likes

Congratulations to @christina4 and @debra2! Good work, ladies!

I want to do something to cleanse my apartment of negativity for the new year. What, Iā€™m not sure yet but something. I have a bell and some Florida water and a black candle so Iā€™m sure Iā€™ll figure something out. Iā€™d sweep the place and brush the leavings out the door but I donā€™t think the building manager would like a pile of salt and cat hair in the hallway. LOL.

Hope you all are having a good week!

10 Likes

Congrats, @christina4 and @debra2, and to all new members :heart:

8 Likes

Good evening first let me say Congratulations to @christina4 & @debra2 :partying_face: Thank you for all that you do :infinite_roots:

I did my own sort of releasing & banishing negative energies. A little bit unorthodox, but itā€™s done & it felt good. Now I just need to rest :last_quarter_moon_with_face:

I was thinking today about the heavy & negative energy that I am carrying. I unconsciously & consciously, released it today. I still have to let go, but the hard part is over. I felt what I needed to feel. I sat with my feelings, anger, sadness, loneliness, all of them. Good, bad, indifferent. Until I was numb. I know that I still have to let go there are still some strings attached, but the energy I used today has me heading to bed early tonight.

I got everything I needed to do done but in my own time.

I also cried, then later, I cried again. I have some things that I need to figure out about me, my family, evolving with the changes & letting go of the things that are causing me so much pain.

At this point Iā€™m rambling, but thereā€™s so much that goes into that begins before this month. However, this is where I am at, finding my balance. In a nutshell :chestnut:

10 Likes

Siofra,
I was wondering if you had a good spell that I could use to banish negative energies!? Its been a rough one! I have not posted cause its a rough one!
I am glad to hear that you were able to banish these feelingā€™s that you had acquired over the year!!
Dont you ever forget how much we care about you!
Just remember what a great person you are and how much we all appreciate you! You bring so much to spells 8 and you are so loved. You are so talented and such a great support to us! I hope I can be there for you when times get rough. Since we are online allā€™s I can do is send you a virtual hug and be here for you the best I can know and for this next year. I hope I can be a better friend. I want this year to be good, and I hope it gets better for you! I really do hope that my mental health gets better! At least I have that hope and yeah we do get emotions but at least we work through them.

I just lite our sacred flame for you and I and others that experience this pain like us. That when ever we experience internally anger, sadness, loneliness we will lite a candle and pray for these ugly emotions to surpass the pain. The pain will burn within and the only thing that will remain is this love we have and friendship that has already aspired! I hope we remain friends for a life time!
Just remember that we all love your life!
I also want to take the mask off and be real for a change! I want to be the true self without any screening and like you said finally let go too!
Jeannie

7 Likes

Congrats @christina4 and @debra2 :grinning:
Wow feels like Iā€™ve been gone for a minute! I did check in through the busy holidays but didnā€™t comment.
Iā€™ve been jumping from one thing to the next! Now itā€™s me time.
Hope everyoneā€™s holidays were festive and beautiful in every way. Mine has been great so far, a lot of family time and games, movies, and night driving looking at lights etc. Since weā€™ve started not celebrating Xmas, and celebrating Yule with a feast, bonfire or torch nights, and gift giving ; This year we started a new tradition we callā€¦ Schlympics. We pick a couple of games and have an Olympics. Who ever wins at a game, gets a gift that is primarily themed for the family. It was so fun and nice to feel good about my last two babies being grown instead of sad about what used to be. We played for over five hoursā€¦ :rofl: and I won a table top pool table and a thermos cup.
Now Iā€™m pondering what to do for New years besides setting intentions and burning our pinecones. Iā€™ve got a few days though so thatā€™s good.
Bless-ed Be
Rowan

7 Likes

@Jeannie1 thank you! Iā€™ve just had a lot & I didnā€™t expect grief & my daughter turning 12 & leaving Santa behind. Itā€™s likeā€¦ she left her childhood & is moving on, but with no warning. I did have quite the gap between the boys & her so the transition is a bit more surprising.

I actually didnā€™t use a spell for this. I went through parts of my morning in my own time while I let the thoughts float in & out. I called my Dad, in tears, spent an hour on the phone with him & really thought about what he said & how he relates to it from having my brother & I. I acknowledged the feelings that I was having instead of stuffing them away because of whatever it is that I just have to take care of right now. I donā€™t know why I have this; I need to take care of this before I can do anything for myself or relax in any way mentality.
I just let my feelings guide me yesterday & if I had to cry, I did. Then I went to bed earlier than I usually do, I only woke up once & it was for an actual reason, my eyes didnā€™t just pop open like it was time to do something. It was more of a shift of position & right back to sleep. That hasnā€™t happened in a long time.

I am going to do some kind of spell or ritual for the complete letting go of the past & moving forward with the family dynamic changes. I have even implemented things that were always suggested with no follow-through. The follow-through felt great. I didnā€™t make any friends with my 12-year-old, but then again, Iā€™m her mother, not her friend.

@Jeannie1 if you ever need to reach out, please donā€™t hesitate. I check in throughout the day to see if there is anything that I need to respond to or just to see what is going on for the day. Our bond through the coven will always be there.

@Rowan, can I just say that is awesome that you have a new tradition with your family & it sounds like a good one for everyone in your family. Iā€™m working towards what our new traditions are going to look like in the coming years. Itā€™s time to change it up & evolve with the rest of my family. I will always have my journal for the times that the past pops up & I can at least have happy memories going forward.

Iā€™m not trying to say that I had a bad Christmas. It just made a lot feelings surface that I wasnā€™t ready for & honestly I wasnā€™t really in tune with what was going on around me or with me aside from the surface. I never got into the root of what all the stress, anxiety, panic was & some of that was because I have certain circumstances that are contributing to the way I am handling things. So it just amplifies any feelings that I have that should happen to pop up & then anxiety switches to borderline panic because Iā€™m not sure what to do with myself or what to do next to get through it.

7 Likes

@Amethyst Hahaha no, that wouldnā€™t be a good way to start the new year with the building manager :joy: You could always put them in the toilet (assuming itā€™s not enough to clog it) and flush away the negativity :cyclone: :wave: As for bell spellwork, @Debra2 shared a lovely Happiness Bell Spell in the last challenge- maybe that could help you find some inspiration? Iā€™m sure whatever you do will be perfect- blessed spellwork and have a wonderful week, Amethyst! :blush:

@Susurrus Congrats on your energy release work, Siofra! :heart: Sometimes letting go of negative emotions means standing strong while they wash over us- and then waving goodbye as they float away. Iā€™m sorry itā€™s been a tough time for you lately, but I hope as the holidays move into the past, any lingering bad feelings or heaviness move on and leave you alone as well. May you continue to reclaim your balance and that 2022 starts off wonderfully for you! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

@Jeannie1 That was beautifully said, Jeannie! Hope you are doing well and that your new year begins with a great start! :heart_decoration:

@Rowan Sounds like the holidays were very busy for you indeed- youā€™ve definitely earned your relaxing ā€œme timeā€! :blush: Thereā€™s still plenty of time to decide on New Yearā€™s spellwork- no rush! Relax and enjoy- glad to hear youā€™ve been having such wonderful holidays! :two_hearts:

7 Likes

Thereā€™s something healing about a good cry. Iā€™m glad you were able to banish the negative energies from you, no need to carry it into the new year with you!

@Jeannie1 I hope you find your true self, and find the courage to show her to the world. I think youā€™ll find sheā€™s beautiful and worthy to be shared.

Sounds as if youā€™ve had a lovely, fun-filled holiday @Rowan! Iā€™m happy for you!

Thatā€™s a good idea, to look at her work again! Thank you! I hope you have a lovely week too, @BryWisteria!

7 Likes

Iā€™ve had to come to realize this especially since 2020. I was never a person that cried. I just didnā€™t & certainly not in front of anyone. I had a good friend tell me that even though itā€™s hard, let yourself feel the feelings I am having & let them know that they are valid. I feel more, I canā€™t find the word, but like I know what initial steps need to be taken & I have put them into action. I was very lax over the last 6 or so months trying to figure out the best way to go about things & lost at the same time trying to find what works. Today, I have the start of a rough outline of things that need to be done/changed/what have you. :blush:

Thank you so much @Amethyst & @BryWisteria, every day is a learning experience & Iā€™m working out the best way to keep going.

7 Likes

Youā€™re doing good to keep going, love! Iā€™m proud of you!

7 Likes

Thank you everyone!!! :pray::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

7 Likes

Thank you to everyone for the shout-outs, @MeganB @Rowan @Amethyst @Susurrus @RyuWyn @BryWisteria, I can hardly believe that I made it on the list. Wow!

Congratulations to @christina4 for all your words of wisdom and encouragement.

7 Likes

Siofra,

Blockquote
Today, I have the start of a rough outline of things that need to be done/changed/what have you.
Well think this is a great intention and maybe while you are writing you can use a stone that speaks to you for this purpose. I am going to try this as well! Thanks
Jeannie

6 Likes

@Jeannie1 I think it will help me have something in mind that I do enjoy & to get back to doing regularly. Iā€™m slowly getting back there, but Iā€™m having a grief wave & I need to be able to feel those feelings & work through them or I will be stagnant until I do.

I have faith that you can do the same & move mountains when you are ready to move forward. You are a very strong person & witch.

That being said, I found an interesting article about cord-cutting within your home, daily life, & the mundane.

6 Likes

Congrats again to @Christina4 and @Debra2- the shout-outs were very well-deserved! Thank you both for all the love and support you bring to the forum :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: We are blessed to have you here! :heart:

Happy Wednesday, everyone- hope you having a great week so far! :tada:

6 Likes

Nothing but old news here! To find out whatā€™s happening this week, visit Activities to find the current Merry Meet Monday.