Merry Meet Monday - Magick News of the Week! May 1 - 7 šŸ”„

If you want something bursting with flavor (but not fruity) Iā€™d recommend Irish Breakfast Tea- itā€™s a strong, dark tea, one of the strongest tea blends you can buy! We call it a ā€œboot to the headā€ around here- itā€™ll really wake you up :laughing:

Twinnings makes a nice Irish Breakfast blend:

Picture from Twinings

It comes in both normal (caffeinated) and decaf. But the label is really small and it can be hard to tell them apart (speaking from experience!)- so be sure to check carefully to make sure you have the version you want!

The pleasure is all mine, Marsha- you do so much for the forum and everyone here, it is a very well-deserved badge! Thank you so much for all the love and warmth you share :hugs: :heart: I appreciate you too! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

11 Likes

Thanks, Jeannie :heart: I do take regular B12 supplements as I tend to eat a more plant-based diet. Maybe adding in a bit more wonā€™t hurt :blush: Iā€™ll give it a shot!

Iā€™ll add it to my grocery order right now! :clap: Thank you! :heart:

11 Likes

Aww, thanks for your kind words, they mean a lot to me. And thank you again for wishing people happy birthdays. You make birthdays magical!

9 Likes

:rofl: Iā€™m pretty sure I answered @MeganB & @BryWisteria about the Irish Breakfast tea :tea: in the Group Ritualā€¦

Slow down brain! :brain: :laughing:

8 Likes

ā€œboot to the headā€ :rofl:
Speaking from experience, I know this is true! It is a very strong tea, the Irish add sugar and cream :coffee:

@MeganB
I gave up caffeine several years ago, and it took about 2 weeks to Clear my head! and get rid of the awful withdrawal headache! The best thing about going caffeine free is that I woke up ready to go! Now I have to have 2 or 3 cups to get started! :yawning_face:

Somewhere along the way, I started drinking beverages with caffeine again. Anyway, I like my tea black no sugar! The Irish Tea is a wee bit too strong! So, I prefer Twinings of London English Breakfast which also comes in decaffeinated.

8 Likes

Ohh, maybe Iā€™ll get both just to try :blush: they both sound really good! Iā€™m hoping that I start to see the benefits of being without caffeine soon ā€“ I mean, other than the medication working the way itā€™s supposed to with no side effects :joy: thatā€™s a plus!

Itā€™s been so long since Iā€™ve gone without caffeine that itā€™s almost weird for me. Thank you for the recommendation!

9 Likes

@MeganB i would also recommend Irish Breakfast as it does have a stronger flavour. I have seen ads for mudwater that isnā€™t coffee but ā€˜rivals itā€™. Indian black teas are strong and high in caffeine and my mother loves matcha tea. EDIT- if you canā€™t do caffeine- ignore the black tea suggestions. Lol. !there was a science article written years ago ow that stated a second steeping of a black tea is like having a decaf tea as most of the caffeine comes out in the first steep. Good to know if you are hard pressed or really love the flavour of a black tea but need less caffeine. I know you like researching things @MeganB so I am sure you can find the article easier than I can! :wink:

Make sure you are getting enough vitamin C & B, and minerals calcium, magnesium potassium zinc amino acids trace minerals. You want to support your liver during detox. Just talk to a pharmacist before adding vitamins when on meds.

@marsha you are absolutely brilliant with your birthday messages!!!:heart::heart:

@Amethyst glad you could enjoy your Beltane ritual, sorry your appointment was delayed.

Congratulations for the shoutouts @Nixi and @AIRAM :two_hearts:

@Susurrus i hope your appointments went well!

My trip to head office went well last week and I feel like I am making some good shifts in my thinking and approach to life in general. Yay!

I am planning on doing the tea ritual tonight as I donā€™t have time in the mornings. :crossed_fingers:

Have a great rest of your week everyone!!!

10 Likes

Iā€™ve heard of the mud water one, but wasnā€™t sure if it had caffeine. Iā€™m okay without the caffeine, honestly. I had made the switch from full-caffeine to half-caffeine recently anyway. Itā€™s more of the ritual and the taste at this point :joy: Iā€™ll look into it though! Thank you!

10 Likes

Thanks a million! You are too kind! :pray: :people_hugging: I hope you enjoy your week! :heart: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

10 Likes

Thank you :heart:

9 Likes

Thank you :sparkles:

10 Likes

@Phoenix_Rose they did even with an added 1 tomorrow & going forward I will have at least 2 a week for a bit. Its okay though, Iā€™d rather make sure everything is doing what it should & not taking a turn unexpectedly :blush:

9 Likes

Thank you, my dear. Iā€™m kind of glad. I donā€™t have to go out but once, you know?

10 Likes

I used a Celestial Seasonings tea to replace coffee called Rosteroma Mocha Spice to use back when coffee got so expensive back in the early '70s. They have a large variety. I Love their Lemon Zinger, both hot and iced and their Tension Tamer is perfect for an evening cup

Love and Light

10 Likes

Meganā€™B,
I am glad you are willing to try vitamin B
and realize hope it works! I should try to cut back with caffeine and try too!
You are on fire :fire:
Jeannie

10 Likes

Iā€™ll add that to my to-try list, too! :heart: Thank you!

Of course! Iā€™ve gotta take it anyway since I donā€™t get it from my diet.

Now I just need to find some plant-based heavy cream substitutes :laughing:

7 Likes

Nothing but old news here! To find out whatā€™s happening this week, visit Activities to find the current Merry Meet Monday news post :newspaper: (If youā€™d like to respond to any posts shared here, please feel free to do so in a new discussion or via Private Message :incoming_envelope: Thank you!)