Merry Meet Monday - Witchy News of the Week! (Jan 22 - 28) 🌕

@BlueAngelite Keep warm and safe. We’ve just gone through our freeze in Bristol, now it’s howling winds and rain, nature is very upset I feel.

Howl if you want, I may howl too as I get drenched in Thor’s rain cloud, again! :joy:
@marsha So sorry about your little cat, that hurts :cry: sending love. I agree with the time thing, moving very fast for me too :sparkling_heart:

12 Likes

Just wanted to say Happy Birthday! to you, @Artemisia :birthday: :partying_face:

12 Likes

One year, Mom took me camping for my birthday. Astronomers had gathered for the meteor shower. As we were heading for our tent, I noticed a beautiful full moon rising, so I howled at it. After we settled in, we heard the rangers drive by. Mom suggested a neighbor called them to look for the wolf in the campground!

I’m sorry for your loss, dear.
:people_hugging:
You were probably the bright spot in his life. Bless you for the peace and joy you were able to give him.

I noticed the opposite, the other day. It seemed like time was slowing so I could get a lot done… which made time seem to speed by. I had the feeling I was the one in super fast motion in comparison with the rest of the world, like someone put slow motion film into the camera of life and focused on me for some reason.

I rediscovered a food reaction, this past weekend. Eating Alfredo makes my mind fuzzy- has for quite some time. Hadn’t had any for quite some time, so I ate some Saturday night. Sunday, I was downright monstrous. All Alfredo from my cupboards is now packed for the free table. I never thought food could do such a thing to a person! If it had continued, it seems like it would have resulted in dementia. Happily, the effects have eased enough for me to see clearly and I feel much healthier, though I know the food isn’t completely out of my system, yet. Please consider food reactions in your own lives?

12 Likes

YAY @Sivonnah! You get double the love today! Congratulations!

I’m sorry about the stray you found, @marsha. At least he was warm and taken care of at the end. You made a difference for him.

It’s over 32 today! I’m shocked! It is supposed to be warmer this week and I’m hoping the snow will melt in the parking lot before I go out on Wednesday. Fingers crossed!

Have a good week everyone!

11 Likes

Congratulations :confetti_ball: @Sivonnah for the double shoutout this week :tada:

@marsha I’m sorry your loss :people_hugging: I’m sure for your new friend that you made his life much more comforting :people_hugging:

@BlueAngelite stay warm! We have had some really out of pocket weather for us, more recently snow :snowflake: that then froze over, frigid temperatures, & biting winds. Stay safe with the snow & deep freeze :revolving_hearts:

I have a very busy & hectic week with appointments for my daughter & myself :face_exhaling: At least 2 somethings each day with a possibility of no appointments Thursday… :crossed_fingers:

I hope that everyone has had a great start to their week! I will be in & out as I can & updating the Flame if possible during the downtimes. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

12 Likes

Congratulations on the shout out and thank you for all the love and hard work you put into this forum!!

I was just not feeling today as I didn’t sleep well at all last night from lingering back pain from driving home from our trip. Getting old is for the birds :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I had lots of things I needed to do today but didn’t.

I did Full Wolf Moon yoga

so the day wasn’t a total wash :laughing:

12 Likes

Welcome to all the new members. Congratulations @Sivonnah !!!

:star_struck: :star_struck: :star_struck: :star_struck: :star_struck:

12 Likes

Omg! :blush: You all make it so easy! :infinite_roots: I love you all! :purple_heart::people_hugging::blush:

12 Likes

@marsha I’m so sorry about your little kitty. :pensive: I’m sure you were his bright spot. :heart:
Yes, time is elusive. I feel so much has gotten in the way this month that I’ve gotten nothing done!

@georgia I hope you’re feeling better :heartbeat:

11 Likes

I hope your appointments go smoothly and you’re able to take time for yourself!

10 Likes

Thank you, dear. I’m at the point of questioning everything. Just another phase in the healing process.

May everything go fine as frog’s hair for you and your daughter! :revolving_hearts:

I heartily agree! Glad you got some good stretches in.

11 Likes

Welcome to all the new members! the witch family is growing! :pentagram: :pentagram:
Congratulations @Sivonnah !!! :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes:

12 Likes

I did get to make my daughter laugh right before she was called. Which is always a good time when she laughs so hard her cheeks turn pink & she doubles over. It helped ease her mind. So that was good :hugs:

I’m currently trying wrap my head around all the different things her & I have had going on the last few days with appointments. So taking a break right now, then I hope to be in the forum a little bit tonight.

I have an appointment tomorrow AM, its normally at 9:30 AM, but I was told that time may change for tomorrow. So we’ll see how this goes :laughing:

10 Likes

Congratulations @Sivonnah. It’s always lovely to see you around. :people_hugging: :black_heart:

9 Likes

@Susurrus hope all goes well!

That’s one of life’s real treasures :purple_heart::heart::blush:

11 Likes

Look at you go! :clap: Congratulations! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I’m not sure if I’ll be working any Full Moon magick, but I do have some simple things planned for Imbolg! I’ll be going to a local event this Sunday to chat about Imbolg and make some Brigid Crosses :brigid_cross: that should be fun! Then on Imbolg, I’ll do some cleaning and make a nice meal – I think I’m also going to start @Artemisia’s challenge for the Swedish Death Cleaning :joy:

You and me both! We’re supposed to be warming up here in Maine, too, just for our lows to reach single digits overnight in a few days :joy: no more ice, please! :pray:

Oh no, Marsha - I’m so sorry! :people_hugging: We had something similar happen to us with a cat a few years ago. He wasn’t with us long, but he passed knowing he was well-loved :heart: I’m sure yours did, too.

12 Likes

@BlueAngelite

What part of Midwest you in? I’m in Minnesota. Should be upper 30’s tomorrow and 40’s over the weekend here.

13 Likes

Illinois - it’s way better now. We have had a warming period and lots of rain, so its like a pit of mud now and my sump pump is running non-stop. The roads are much safer though.

12 Likes

Nothing but old news here! To find out what’s happening this week, visit Activities to find the current Merry Meet Monday news post :newspaper: (If you’d like to respond to any posts shared here, please feel free to do so in a new discussion or via Private Message :incoming_envelope: Thank you!)