Migraine headaches. HELP!

So for the last 5 or 6 days I have had THE WORST type of migraine. I am okay the first few hours after I wake up but gradually throughout the day it gets worse until I’m literally forced to lay down in the dark and cry it out. I’ve tried otc pain meds, herbal teas (white willow bark, chamomile, rose petals, jasmine, peppermint and lemongrass), I’ve tried holding a charge clear quartz crystal to my head, meditation, increasing fluids even applying pressure to pressure points and I’m absolutely at a loss. The tea helps but only for very short periods of time. I don’t know if it’s something to do with the Chiron retrograde or if I have a blockage in one if not more of my chakras but I’m miserable y’all. Does anyone have any spells or charms or ANYTHING that could possibly help me. This is driving me insane and I need to be rid of this awful headache before the full moon

9 Likes

A headache it can be a indicative alert that something is wrong in the body. But also from a lot of stress accumulated that end up causing it, or triggered.

7 Likes

Hello @phoenix_dawn

Thanks for sharing your illness with us. Migraine is a kind of headache that sometimes preceded by warning symptoms and accompanied by nausea and sensitivity to light and sound. Unfortunately there are not much wicca spell we have on this.

However, I designed one ritual on illness banishing. I have migraine and this work for me always.

You can try this updated version:

I invented this, so no link to share. Try out this. If this works, then fine. Otherwise, try meditation to calm yourself. Migraine mainly happens for anxiety. try to calm yourself.

Good luck and let me know how are you feeling after trying this. Get well soon. Blessed be.

8 Likes

Greetings @phoenix_dawn,

So sorry to hear about your migraine. I get them from time to time and I know they are awful.

It sounds like you have tried several spiritual approaches to treating the migraine with no luck- do you have any insights on what the cause could be? Oftentimes alternative medicine practices (such as TCM) suggest that finding the source and treating the whole body can be a better approach than trying to treat just the symptom on the surface.

I’m no doctor so consider these just possible suggestions, but from your posts, it does sound like you are having a lot of stress lately. And if it is very hot where you are- do you think the migraine could be caused by heat sickness?

If the migraine continues, I would highly suggest giving your doctor a call to see if it may be an underlying health concern or something serious. Spells and meditations can help a lot, but it is always a good idea to check with a medical professional for medical concerns!

Stay safe and be well- you are in my thoughts, Megan :pray::heart:

7 Likes

Next time, try and ground yourself. Try and get into a meditative state or take a few cleansing breaths. Use amethyst, which is great for headaches. Lie down and focus on your breath. Use a cool cloth and turn down the lights.
I hope this gets better soon :pray:

5 Likes

Not to be blunt and sound like an insensitive jerk, but I’d 100000000% recommend seeking medical assistance from a doctor. As others have said, meditation, etc. can only do so much. Recurring migraines that are that bad can be a sign of major health issues and should be handled accordingly.

9 Likes

I have chronic severe migraines. For any migraine that lasts more than a few days, you should really go to the ER or Dr to have abortive medication & see if there is an underlying issue. It’s probably stress & heat-related or those are adding to the severity.

If you aren’t ready to go that route, you can try taking Magnesium. If your Magnesium is low, it can trigger a migraine. Past that, I would seek medical attention if it continues.

7 Likes

I don’t have any magickal advice to offer. I too suffer from migraines and when they hit I take my meds and lie down in a dark room.

7 Likes

I agree with @Jewitch. If tea, meditations and crystals aren’t giving you any lasting relief, you should definitely go see a doctor, since you could have an underlying medical condition.
In the meantime, you could try listening to some binaural beats on YouTube. They help me out whenever I have a headache. Not sure how effective they are with migraines, though.
Hope you feel better soon!

8 Likes

I don’t know if its the weather or what but me and my husband have had headaches this week too. I had a pretty bad one this morning, I had to go back to bed. I think our headaches are mostly sinus related from smokey air and drought.

:woman_mage:Our heads are clear and pain free so mote it be!

Feel better everyone… Bless Be :rose:

7 Likes

Oh, :poop: the curse of the migraine. :rage:
The Migraine is more than a headache. It’s a real neurological disease, Migraine is a complex disorder that can cause:
debilitating headaches, accompanied by a variety of symptoms

• An aura of some kind, a smell, etc., differs with each person
  • Sensitivity to light and or sound
  • Increased anxiety to the point of hysteria.
  • Head pain that steadily increases
  • Nausea and Vomiting
  • Sleep in a dark room

At the first aura, I took 2 or 3 aspirin and drank a cup or 2 of strong caffeine drink, coffee, tea, soda drink. Then I lay down for a few hours, in a cool, dark room for hours until I slept or it went away.

The craft has many benefits, if the magic and minerals don’t help? Please, I am not a doctor, but as a retired RN of 35 + years, I would strongly suggest that you see your doctor.

They have great migraine medications today. The meds. work reason-ably fast and the insane pain goes away. Brain fog at the end is a small price to pay, for the end of the horrendous pain, but then again you would have gone through that anyway. Why suffer?
Do as you must. Stay safe and be well.
Sending you love and hope.
Garnet :blush: :pray:

6 Likes

I think the heat has been causing mine this week too. Almost everyday…

6 Likes

Another chronic migraine sufferer here :sweat_smile:
A week is too long for a ‘normal’ migraine so as others have said- it’s time to see a doctor.

Massaging your neck and shoulders (particularly any knots of tension along your shoulder blades) with tiger balm could provide some short-term relief but I’d definitely recommend getting a check-up to be safe :heart:

6 Likes

As a chronic migraine with aura sufferer, I agree with the others that have said to seek medical help. My type of migraines put me at higher risks of stokes and brain aneurisms so medical care is a necessity.

I know in your current situation, money is difficult, look into withcove.com. This is who I use, they are all online so you don’t have to worry about finding a ride to a doctor. They have a flat monthly doctor’s fee of $4. The medication is affordable too. I just refilled a 90-day supply of my preventative (180ct of 25 mg Topiramate) for $48. Shipping is always free. The doctors work with you to find what works, what doesn’t.

Also, for any migraine suffers in general, Migraine Buddy app is great way to track your migraines and find your triggers. I have been using it for years!

7 Likes

Annesha, you are powerful and gifted with spell and magic.

Thank you for sharing your wonderful ritual and also the warning and very good advice.
This is what defines a Witch to me,

• one who loves and works with nature as a healer,
  • one who gives sound and safe advise
  • one who advises caution where it is needed.

**www.merriam-webster.com › dictionary › advise

Definition of advise. transitive verb. 1 a : to give (someone) a recommendation about what should be done: to give advice to; Her doctor advised her to try a drier climate.
b : caution, warn advise them of the consequences.
c : recommend, advise prudence.

That is the meaning of Witchcraft and much, much more.
You do not need to be kind, gentle, giving and humane to be a Witch
But it helps you and your people, a lot.
Garnet

5 Likes

The exact cause of migraines remains a mystery. However, several factors are associated with migraines.
An episode of a migraine can be very painful, lasting for hours, making day-to-day activities difficult until the episode is resolved. Women are more likely to suffer from migraines than men.

What is the main cause of migraines?

The exact cause of migraines remains a mystery. However, several factors are associated with migraines. Some of the factors are:

• Migraines happen due to changes in the blood supply to the brain accompanied by inflammation, according to the neurovascular theory.
  • Migraines may be due to changes in the level of a chemical in the brain called serotonin. Low levels of serotonin cause the vessels that supply blood to the brain to swell up. This leads to pain and other symptoms of a migraine.
  • Genes also play a role in causing migraines. Around 70% of migraine patients report their parents, grandparents or siblings suffer from migraines.
  • The higher occurrence of migraines in women suggests the role of hormones in causing migraines.

Other factors causing migraine events are:

5 Likes

That’s actually great advice because she’s also pregnant.

6 Likes

Holy Cow, stay hydrated

4 Likes