Morning Ritual Spell

I have done a few protection spells and a few protection balls for houses per request. When I have done that, I feel a little drained. This morning I did a morning Ritual (my first!). But I feel energized not drained. Is this normal? Oh, I meditated first and during the ritual I invoked the 4 elements as well as spirit. Maybe that has something to do with it.

10 Likes

Hey maurice, I am not an expert at this, but my spells and rituals are two different things. If I do a spell it zaps my energy, but when I do a ritual it gives me energy. With spells you are willing something to happen with your intention. With a ritual you are going through motions to honor something or yourself. Other people may have different insights on this, but just remember your practice is yours and no two people are exactly alike. This is your practice, so do what feels natural and go with it!

10 Likes

Good morning Maurice. I’m like that as well and I totally agree with what @Ostara has said. Doing spells can be very draining. Remember to ground yourself before doing spells. My morning (and any) ritual is always a healing time. I always feel blessed and energized after them.

Congrats on your first morning ritual! Keep it up! You’ll enjoy the benefits of doing them every morning. :purple_heart::purple_heart:

8 Likes

Yep! It’s possible to not use our own energy, but call on the energy of others, such as spirits or the universe, in our workings, which can potentially leave us energised instead of drained. :smile:

10 Likes

Hi Maurice!

I’m with you and everyone else. Drawing from the finite pool of our own energy can be very draining and lead to spell exhaustion. Connecting to greater sources of energy - such as the elements, or nature, or deities - can help to prevent that feeling of being drained post-spellwork.

@MeganB wrote a great guide about spell exhaustion and methods to prevent it, I’ll leave a link here!

Blessed be and happy casting! :magic_wand:

8 Likes