MSN & Washington Post Article on Crystals

Maybe the algorithm knows what I’m interested in? :upside_down_face: This article was recommended to me today.

‘Healing’ crystals are having a pandemic moment. But science says they’re just pretty stones.

A quote I found interesting :thinking: is similar to something I wrote on Spells8 about two weeks ago. (I have crystals and believe in the magic found in every object so this isn’t an attack.) Here is the quote from the article:

But believing in the healing benefits of crystals can be harmful to your health — and your wallet — if, for example, you depend on them to cure you of cancer instead of seeing a physician, or if you choose to carry a clear quartz crystal, known as the master healing stone, rather than wearing a mask to protect yourself and others from the novel coronavirus.

The article ends well but I felt like quoting that ending would defeat the reason to read it in the first place. :sweat_smile: I can’t wait to see what others think.

8 Likes

This a very touchy subject. praecog29 Wrote from an article he read;
“But believing in the healing benefits of crystals can be harmful to your health — and your wallet — if, for example, you depend on them to cure you of cancer instead of seeing a physician, or if you choose to carry a clear quartz crystal, known as the master healing stone, rather than wearing a mask to protect yourself and others from the novel coronavirus.”
There is belief and there is foolishness.
Most people aren’t fools.
There are 2 schools of thought on this issue. 1. Some people do practice holistic medicine, does that mean they have not seen a doctor. No.
2. Scientists believe that if they cannot vivisect something, tear it apart to its smallest molecule, that the studies are inconclusive. Some things have to be believed to be seen.
Perhaps it isn’t the stones but the person who has the magic. But I’m a firm believer of using that which nature supplies along with science.
Imagination and belief are wonderous things, aren’t they.
Stay blessed :grinning:

9 Likes

Huh. That’s interesting. I’ve always believed that things like crystals and herbs should be used with medical items like masks and blood pressure medicines, things like that. The Gods gave us both, why not use it.

I do like that last line. It’s a good thought!

10 Likes

Well said Miss Kasie :upside_down_face:

4 Likes

It reminds me of that video we all watched a while ago about the $10,000 crystal healing bed :bed:

I tend to agree with that part you quoted because a lot of people get caught up in needing “natural” remedies and what’s more natural than a rock?!! This then creates the problem of Spiritual Bypass where people will brush their problems under the rug of spirituality and claim they’re fine, REALLY!

I don’t think believe in crystal healing or crystal magick is bad in general. I’m an animist and know that each crystal, rock, stone, etc. has potential for Spirit. It’s when people start to dismiss science that it becomes a large issue.

6 Likes

Such a beautiful answer!!! I wish more thought like you!!!

3 Likes

What thank you my dear! :smiley:

2 Likes

I couldn’t agree more. By the way @praecog29 great find! This is a nice topic for debate!

I’m not a doctor or therapist so I don’t usually discuss healing/curing disease. Like Kasie said, there are many types of therapies and approaches, and we should combine or use them based on our individual needs and beliefs.

I wouldn’t just take one side. After all, there are just as many alternative medicine scams as there are doctors with no ethics.

3 Likes

This may be on the wrong discussion, but I Am very disappointed with the online “magic spell” sites. I think they are taking advantage of people. Magic is like breath, it should be free. Just saying.

1 Like

I totally agree with @Garnet and @MeganB on this… Also I hate how articles or videos over topics like crystal healing tend to always say how its so dangerous or harmful… its like they are trying to portray that people who use crystals are delusional or we think it can cure cancer or something like that… Like no… People who use crystals (magic, meditation, divination, healing, etc) understand way more than what the media portrays. And I’m not against science either! We aren’t stupid.

Sorry its a bit of a rant :sweat_smile: as a person who uses crystals and knows quite a bit it just irritates me

6 Likes