My crystal collection / stash / horde :)

(warning there will be a bunch of photos once I can figure out how to upload them all! :smile: )

I am very new to Spells8 and have been lurking and absorbing information. I am recently returned to Wicca and magic after drifting away for 20 odds years. A lucky happenstance pushed me back to my path.

I shared my returning interest with an acquaintance, she wholehearted dove in and made me a generous and amazing returning to magic essentials kit to keep (as I only had my BoS, athame, and tarot deck left) and lent me many of her books and other resources to pour-over.

The pink moon got me to dig around and see what stones and crystals I might have laying around and let’s just say… I forgot that I had accumulated as much as I have over the years in making beaded jewelry (which I no long make as I’ve moved on to creating custom totem pendants in metal).

It took me two hours to go through all this and honestly I haven’t actually touched all the stones or examined each and every bag yet but I did make a good faith effort to pull out stones to charge for me and a whole set for my friend to thank her.

I know it sounds silly but I was so excited and overwhelmed when I realized what’s been hidden away for years I was almost hyperventilating! :smile:

I knew I had to share the overview of my collection, stash, horde with you all!

Some of the purchases were over 20 years ago and IDs of some stones have been lost over time but I can solidly identifying 80% of what I have. I may be posting various bits and bobs for help identifying the mystery pieces.

Hope you enjoy it!

(if you’ve seen this post come and go, I apologize. Having issues uploading all of the pictures)

Kat

20 Likes

Oh my word that is a beautiful collection :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: so many different colours and textures and all so organised :star_struck: :star_struck: Don’t worry about working out the photos thing sits took me a couple of weeks to get a hang of everything :heartpulse: Welcome to the Coven :infinite_roots: This an amazing introduction :grin: Im Lisa and eclectic Witch and Norse pagan from Scotland if you need anything at all just ask everyone here is willing to help :heartpulse: Blessed Be :heartpulse:

11 Likes

21 Likes

What a lovely collection! My own is in its infancy, waiting for some more to arrive shortly.

11 Likes

These have stayed with you for a reason :heartpulse: My own crystal collection is small just now but I’m growing it every week :heartpulse: I’m still trying to learn the difference between them all, there are so many lol :heartpulse:

10 Likes

Oh Girl! I’m going to have to wash my monitor again…I just drooled all over it. Oh wow…so pretty/ look at the treasure in her hands. (sob)Turquoise, amazonite, jade of many colors, both color sandstones, amethyst…gasp (had to take a breath). No, seriously everything is beautiful! How long have
you been collecting?
You are blessed. Warm greetings.

13 Likes

That is a gorgeous collection! Some of those Tiger’s Eye & Banded Agates were just fantastic! Awesome finds! & Welcome to the coven forum! :infinite_roots:

I’m Siofra from Cape Cod & happy to meet you! You’ll fit right in. :sunglasses: I know you said that you’ve been here for a little bit, have been able to get through the courses? Aren’t they great!?

If you have anything else to share or something to ask feel free & someone will get back to you as soon as they can! Blessed Be! Again… gorgeous collection. :star_struck:

12 Likes

Thank you! I do think I figured out the photo issue after all thankfully!

Back when I was making beaded lanyards for a business I had everything sorted to color, stone, and shape. I haven’t made a lanyard in 10 years and honestly forgot I had all these goodies sitting around doing nothing. Guess I need a plan for them? Bottle up chips for gifts, sell some of it, goodness… I don’t even know :laughing:

Nice to meet you Lisa! :heart:

12 Likes

You’re right! A reason for everything.

I almost feel foolish to have not realized sooner I had these still. Somehow, in my head, they are just raw materials for a portion of my jewelry business that no longer exists. It was like I was struck by lightning when I realized these were indeed crystals with value beyond their original intent.

I have always been drawn to rocks, stone, crystals, and gemstone but have never had much of an interest in learning more about their abilities and uses… until now :laughing:

So very many of them so sure!

13 Likes

You can make many many many amulets and talismans with them :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: They have sat near your energy for many years now so I would say they are tools that will serve you very well :heartpulse:

10 Likes

@Artemisia your collection is gorgeous! Just amazing! Welcome to the coven by the way! :infinite_roots: If you have any questions just ask and someone will pop up and help you out. We won’t even demand some of your pretty crystals for the answer. LOL!

9 Likes

@Garnet - such a beautiful name and my birthstone as well! :heart:

Thank you. It’s funny I am still trying to reframe my mindset that this isn’t unused jewelry raw materials into seeing this as a crystal collection. Once I do, I’m excited to think of ways to use and share my excess stones.

These two are the oldest stones I have and came from my dad who was a rock collector. The black one my dad always called a Buckeye stone but I’m guessing it’s Blue tiger’s eye. I have a vague recollection of him putting it in the oven for some kind of color change? The other a rough normal colored tigers eye. The rest I started purchasing in 1993 to make jewelry for myself, and family and it went on from there! :laughing:

(short video of the bands moving on the blue/black stone) https://onedrive.live.com/?authkey=!AH6bxDF2-MKA_GE&cid=AAF031683FFA3E7C&id=AAF031683FFA3E7C!29906&parId=AAF031683FFA3E7C!29887&o=OneUp

@Susurrus Thank you! I have a particular fondness for tiger’s eye, cat’s eye, sunstone, moonstones and labradorites. I think the fact that my dad liked and collected Tiger’s eye has stuck with me all these years without me realizing it. Nice to meet you!! I’m in central North Carolina and yes. I have consumed almost all the courses! So much amazing information :heart: I am grateful to have found this place and y’all!

@Liisa Such a sweet thought. I supposed I have rubbed off on them as they have on me after all these years!! I feel a trip to hobby lobby craft store in my near future to buy supplies to bottle up the chips and little stones to give to friends as gifts

@Amethyst Thank you for the warm welcome and the compliment! I don’t think you would be twisting my arm much to get at this stash. I’m less of a leprechaun or dragon and more about making people happy with my creations :laughing:

13 Likes

Welcome and what a beautiful hello :star_struck: I’m in my glories! I’m so in to crystals. By the way, I’m into energy work and I’m a certified crystal healer. I’ve shown a lot of great pics of crystals. I hope you can find them. Tomorrow, I’ll take some pics. It’s getting late and I’ve got to get the kids to bed. Anyway, it was great to meet you oh I’m Christina :joy: and :wave: now take care
Blessed be :pray:

11 Likes

Merry meet, @Artemisia! :heart:

Adding my voice to everyone else’s to wish you a warm welcome to the Infinite Roots Coven :infinite_roots: We are blessed to have you here!

Your collection is STUNNING- so many gorgeous treasures! I agree with Lisa- these crystals stayed with you over the years for a reason. And now it is time for them to help you once again! :sparkles: Whether it’s making lanyards again or other wonderful crafts, I hope these treasures serve you well :blush:

I know you mentioned you’ve been lurking for a while, so perhaps you already know about the Forum Activities listed in the weekly Merry Meet Monday news post. Just wanted to let you know that you are warmly invited to join any that seem interesting! Please make yourself at home in your new coven :heart:

Looking forward to talking with you more soon! Thanks again for showing your lovely collection :blush:

Blessed be!

10 Likes

Aww, that’s sweet of you! I’ll take just looking at your pics and drooling for now though. LOL.

11 Likes

Ever since I was a little girl I have loved rocks. Your collection is magnificent.

10 Likes

My sainted grandmother told my Mom and she told me, “If you save something for 7 years you’ll find a use for it.”
So I guess we are hereditary hoarders. :upside_down_face:

13 Likes

Beautiful collection! And so organised! :black_heart:

10 Likes

Oh goodness, my crystal collection/hoard/stash… has grown by leaps & bounds since this thread. So fun to revisit old posts & see how far we’ve come :revolving_hearts:

10 Likes

And I still have all this with no real ideas or solid plan to downsize :grimacing: :roll_eyes: guess I need to put that on my to do list this winter.

10 Likes