My handmade Bronze Runes - work in progress

While I am still not finished with the whole set (I am currently refiring 11 of them), I couldn’t wait to share a peek at these!

The first photo is a batch out of the kiln before they are tumble polished.

And a couple shots of a bunch (but not all) of the runes after polsihing.

I am excited about completing this project and consecrating and charging them!! I will be sure to share the completed set.

20 Likes

These look awesome! @Artemisia, you are very talented.

9 Likes

Those really are great! :star_struck: You did a wonderful job with them. I wish I could do something like that, I have a woodburning set, need the wood, & need to find the woodburning set… when my oldest moved back in, all of my crafting stuff went… everywhere. :flushed:

Wonderful job!

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

9 Likes

Oh wow! Those look great!

9 Likes

I think they look great!

10 Likes

Gosh, I’m in awe @Artemisia- they are really amazing! :heart_eyes: Congrats on how lovely your runes are, I can tell you are putting a lot of work into crafting them. Your dedication shines through- you’ve got yourself a beautiful batch of runes! :sparkles: Once they are finished, may they serve you well :blush:

10 Likes

Oh wow :heart_eyes: What a fantastic craft to have! Those are beautiful!

9 Likes

These are gorgeous! You said you were refiring some, are the ceramic them?

8 Likes

Thank you @marsha @Amethyst @rachel21 @BryWisteria @christine13 ! <3

@Susurrus I had thought about making a set from wood and entertained buying a woodburning set but it occurred to me to make it out of a material I’m already familiar with. Hope your woodburning set turns up soon!

@Torista They are made from Bronze metal clay. It works up like ceramic clay when it’s wet. After it’s dry, I fire it in a kiln to burn out the binder and they become solid metal. Sometimes I have to refire them to make sure all the binder is gone.

8 Likes

Oh that’s super cool!! I’ve never heard that but it sounds awesome. Plus those are gorgeous! :sparkling_heart::sparkling_heart::sparkling_heart::sparkling_heart::sparkling_heart::sparkling_heart:

6 Likes

Oh that’s great that you’re already familiar with working with Bronze! You really did a great job.

As far as the set turning up… the basement needs cleaning first. Lol :joy:

5 Likes

@Artemisia These are absolutely stunning!!! Can’t wait to see them when they’re finished!

5 Likes