My Intuition was warning me and I turned a blind eye

When I am on my weekends I do a little pet sitting. It helps me fill the time and earn a little extra money. I have been sitting for one person and I decided it was time to take on a few new clients. All day leading up to my assignment I had this feeling I should do a protection spell before hand. Do some type of charm, grab a few good crystals on the way out the door, something to protect me.
I ignored that feeling, even though it popped into my head more than a few times.

When I got to the home the puppy was stronger than I had expected. She completely over powered me. At one point in the chaos she jumped onto her hind legs and she was my height! She got a paw on my face and gave me a good scratch. I knew then my safety was an issue and I had to leave. Glad it was not much worse, I will be totally fine. Boy was I shaken up though.

Anyway, she was only exhibiting puppy behavior, but she was just not a good match for someone like me. At first I wanted to NEVER pet sit again, but I will just adjust which dogs I accept to help.

What I won’t ever do again is ignore my intuition.

I feel better after getting this out - Thank you for letting me :slight_smile:

16 Likes

Are you okay? Besides the scratch that is? I hope so. What breed of doggo was she? Please, don’t ever ignore your intuition, you never know when it can save you!

4 Likes

I am ok :slight_smile: It was scary though. I definitely learned some lessons today.
The client said she was a labrador mix but she seems more like a hound, or maybe she is a little bit older than the client thinks.

5 Likes

Oh goodness, I’m glad you’re okay! Trusting our intuition can be hard especially these days when we’re not really taught to.

4 Likes

I’m really glad you’re okay, @LadyAuld.ofChico! It sounds like puppy was just excited to see you, but that certainly doesn’t take away from how scary it must have been to get a sudden paw to the face- especially from such a big dog! I hope the scratch heals up quickly for you! :heart:

I know it can be hard to listen to intuition, especially for those of us with anxiety- I get little warnings all the time and I need to stop and sort through them: is this an actual gut feeling, or am I just being anxious? At least doing so helps me be more mindful and present (have to look for the positives, right? :laughing:).

Thanks for sharing your experience and I hope you feel all better asap! Big hugs, Lady Auld! :two_hearts:

6 Likes

Labs can get overexuberent. I’m just glad you’re okay!

5 Likes

Like you I’m trying to learn to trust my intuition more. When I’ve done so in the past it’s saved me from some dicey situations.

And I know what a paw to face can feel like, even if it comes from happy puppy love. I’ve got a Rottie cross and he’s an absolute sweetheart. But he’s a big boy and likes a cuddle with his paws on my shoulders. He’s smacked me in the face a couple of times in the process and left some impressive scratches.

5 Likes

Glad to hear you’re okay! From my experience, it’s best to trust your intuition. Long story short, it once saved me and family from a terrible car accident involving a truck and sixteen cars.

5 Likes

Oh my Goodness LadyA. Always listen to your heart first and your gut second. Hope all stays well with you.
PS was that a puppy for a pony?’
Garnet - Trailblazer

5 Likes

LMAO! that was cute and literally made me laugh

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.