❗ Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE - All About Intuition

Merry meet!

Thank you once again to all those who joined in for last week’s Weekly Witchy Challenge - Magickal Creatures :phoenix:

The world of the fantastical is full of wonders, but not all can be seen with eyes alone - some things can only be perceived by using our deeper spiritual sensory powers.

Did you sense this one coming? :wink: The theme for this week’s challenge is…

Intuition Witch Challenge

:crystal_ball: :exclamation: A Witch’s Intuition :eye: :relieved:

Developing and using your intuitive powers

What is “Intuition”?

Intuitive abilities are very closely related to psychic powers and the “clairs”, and the terms are often used interchangeably. Psychic powers commonly describe seeing past or future events (such as in the case of visions or in divination readings) or using the psyche to sense beyond the mundane, while the “clairs” each describe a specific type of “sixth” sense.

Intuitive powers can include the psyche/mental powers of psychics, the categorized sensory abilities of clairs, and can also describe the ability to read and interpret spiritual messages with clarity - be it in signs, divination, in nature, etc.

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

This week’s challenge is all about intuition - how you choose to take on this theme is up to you!

So are you ready? Because it’s…

CHALLENGE TIME!

:bell:

Symbols-for-Intuition-Grimoire-Page
From Spells8 Witch Printable Pages: Symbols for Intuition

STEP 1 : Intuitive Abilities :crystal_ball:

This challenge is all about the power of intuition - but as always, how you choose to take on this theme is up to you!

Still not sure where to begin? To help you get started, here are a few ways in which a witch might approach this challenge.

(Please make sure you are logged in to your Spells8 Account so you can access all of the resources shared here - thank you!)

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Exploring Intuition :open_book:

Intuition (which may also be considered to be psychic powers, the clairs, or even deja vu) is, at its simplest, the sensation of being aware of something without having a physical-world explanation for how you know it.

Many spells, recipes, and rituals call on the caster to “tap into their intuition”, but that can be easier said than done, especially for beginners!

For your entry this week, consider learning more about intuition - what it is, where it appears, how one can develop their intuitive skills, etc. You might even tap into the history of intuitive powers, or explore prominent witches, mediums, or psychics who have a high level of intuitive skill. Feel free to be creative as you learn more about this week’s theme, and don’t forget to share what you’ve learned as your entry!

Intuition-and-Tarot-Video-Lesson-360x240
Intuition, Psychism, and Tarot Readings

The-5-Clairs-Explained-360x240
The Five Clair Senses and Their Hidden Powers

Related discussions and resources:

Honing Your Intuition :muscle:

Like all magickal skills and abilities, intuitive abilities can be developed with practice. As your entry this week, consider experimenting with methods to train and develop your intuitive powers.

exercises for intuition development
Simple Techniques to Develop Your Intuition

Intuition-and-Divinations-thumb-360x240
Developing Your Intuition to Assist in Divination

Related discussions and additional resources:

Intuition Spells, Symbols, and Correspondences :pentacle_tarot:

Cast spells for intuition, write your own, or perhaps take a step back to see the big picture - the intricate web of correspondences based on the idea that everything is connected. Whether you find intuition associations or develop your own, consider sharing what you explore for your entry this week.

cauldron-with-water-of-life-sigil
Symbols for Intuition & Intuition Sigils

Divination Oil
Divination Oil - To Enhance Psychic Powers

Poseidon-Wiccan-Devotional-360x240
Poseidon’s Devotional Prayer for Intuition

Mugwort-Spell-for-Spiritual-awareness
Spell for Spiritual Growth & Psychic Awareness

Put Those Intuitive Powers to Use! :raised_hands:

Ready to try out your own intuitive abilities? Consider exploring methods to put your powers to the test as your entry to this week’s challenge.

Practicing Sensitive Abilities with Coins
Practicing Sensitive Abilities (Psychic) With Coins by @starborn

… And More! :raised_hands:

The suggestions above are just a few ideas to help kickstart your creativity- if you feel called to explore intuitive powers in another way, you are welcome to do so!

As always, all witches are encouraged to embrace their own unique practice with how they explore the challenge theme :star2:

Video by @Silverbear, shared in Trust Yourself and Your Intuition

STEP 2 : Share Your Experience :writing_hand:

Click here for a note about challenge inclusivity

Everyone is welcome to join the challenge by practicing magick in line with the current theme. For lurkers and those who don’t feel comfortable sharing, it is absolutely okay to follow along with the challenge but keep your entry personal. Feel free to join in spirit and do what feels most comfortable for you! :blush:

That being said, please know that if you would like to receive a prize and a public shout-out, it is required that you share your experience.

Getting Your Credit :white_check_mark:

In order for your entry to be counted, all you have to do is write/share about your experience and label it as your challenge entry. There is a lot of chatting here (which is awesome- chatting and discussion are very welcome!) so please clearly write that it is your entry so I know to count it! :pray:

Where Should I Share My Entry? :thinking:

Click here to learn where to share your challenge entry

You are welcome to post it right here- just click “reply” :repeat: to this post and write your experience in the text box that pops up!

Alternatively, you could create a new post in the forum (this is good for when you have a lot to share and/or would like to discuss aspects of your entry not related to the current theme)

Note : If you do choose to create a new thread, please add the “challenge-entry” tag and/or add a hyperlink back to this post so that it can be easily found- thank you! :bowing_woman:

Deadline :spiral_calendar:

:exclamation: This challenge will close in 6 DAYS :exclamation:

To join in, please share your experience by:

Tuesday, March 26 at 7:00 AM EDT (Eastern US Time)
2024-03-26T11:00:00Z

(Note that the time zone is ET- if you don’t see your time displayed above, you can use this time zone calculator to check for your time zone!)

Prizes :gift:

For their efforts, all participants will receive a special shout-out and a small prize! :gift:

Acknowledgments will be given in a Props and Presents Post that will appear in the forums on Tuesday.

After the challenge closes, you are still very welcome to post but please be aware that no additional prizes will be given. This discussion will remain open for about a week after the challenge finishes.

:gift_heart: :gift: :gift_heart:

180026d2b703fbe377801de0f6ddedcc679305c6_2_562x750
Picture by @christina4, shared in Full Moon Intuition Jar

A warm reminder that the challenges are designed to be very open- everyone is encouraged to participate in a way that honors and reflects their unique practice :open_book:

If you have any doubts about if something is acceptable to post or say, please double-check with the Forum FAQ and/or reach out to your friendly Moderator Team.

And for those new to challenges- welcome! :heart: Know that the goal of these activities is to help you further diversify and strengthen your abilities and to bring together the Spells8 forum family to inspire and support one another in creative ways :hugs:

From Spells8: Simple Techniques to Develop Your Intuition

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

Open eyes can still be blind,
So close them now and open your mind.
To sense beyond where naught can hide,
So long as your intuition is your guide!

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

Blessed Be :exclamation: :sparkles:

19 Likes

I was wondering why I got a notification about this one. :smile:

I’ve had this open in another tab all week as a reminder to add a third part. :laughing: What a well-timed kick in the bum to do so!

18 Likes

giphy-2483879143
Giphy

We must be on the same wavelength this week! :laughing: :+1: :heart:

It’s a great discussion/activity and fits so perfectly with the theme that I had to include it- thank you, @starborn! :pray: :two_hearts:

17 Likes

When I’m not feeling up to par, my intuition seems to shut down a while. It is temporary. In order to give it a good kickstart, I cast an easy spell:

Challenge Entry

This is a simple chant which can be used as a mantra or a more complicated spell with candles, incense, oils, herbs, stones, any correspondences. All that is required is focus on the words, an open mind and heart, and the willingness to follow when things start coming through.

I have been known to create a thoughtform to carry my energy wherever it needs to go. Tense all muscles to raise energy. Imagine that energy as a ball of light. Press it in on all sides, making it smaller and brighter in the solar plexus area. When the muscles are crying from the pressure, I say my spell:

“I wish for the best possible outcome for everyone involved.”

Then I throw the thoughtform ball of light into the sky for the Universe, my guides, or any deities to take care of and relax completely.

Caution: this may require a snack or a nap afterward and before resuming daily activities. Such weakness shows the spell contained the necessary energy.

Any wish can be cast as a spell using this thoughtform pattern. Most will come true pretty quickly. Be prepared to pay for something in the process: wishes are not delivered on a silver platter. However, you will be guided to where the wish awaits you. This is the intuition part.

19 Likes

Challenge Entry - All About Intuition

I may end up adding an additional entry but today I was called to do the Labradorite Crystal Activation: Regain Energy Guided Meditation – Spells8

Labradorite

• Physical Characteristics: Labradorite is a type of feldspar mineral, belonging to the plagioclase series. It typically exhibits a gray to black base color with iridescent flashes of blue, green, yellow, orange, and sometimes even purple. This iridescence, known as labradorescence, is caused by light interference within the stone’s structure.

• Occurrence: Labradorite is found in various locations worldwide, including Canada (particularly in Labrador, where it gets its name), Finland, Madagascar, Russia, Norway, and the United States. Labradorite is often found in igneous rocks such as basalt and gabbro.

• Historical Significance: Labradorite has been used for centuries by indigenous peoples for its mystical and spiritual properties. In the early 18th century, it was discovered by European settlers in Labrador, Canada, and gained popularity as a gemstone in jewelry and decorative pieces during the Victorian era.

• Metaphysical Properties:

• Transformation and Change: Labradorite is often believed to be a stone of transformation, helping individuals navigate periods of change in their lives. It is said to promote strength and perseverance during times of upheaval or transition.
    • Protection: Labradorite is thought to possess protective qualities, shielding its wearer from negative energies and psychic attacks. It is often used by those who practice spiritual or energy work as a protective talisman.
    • Intuition and Psychic Abilities: Many people believe that labradorite enhances intuition and psychic abilities. It is said to open the third eye chakra, facilitating clearer insight, heightened perception, and spiritual vision.
    • Creativity: Labradorite is associated with stimulating creativity and imagination. It is believed to inspire new ideas, artistic expression, and innovative thinking.
    • Balance and Harmony: Labradorite is thought to balance the aura and harmonize the energies within the body. It is said to promote emotional stability, inner peace, and a sense of overall well-being.
    • Chakra Alignment: Labradorite is often associated with the throat chakra and third eye chakra. It is believed to help align these energy centers, promoting clearer communication, intuitive insights, and spiritual growth.

I recently received two different labradorite palm stones and decided today was a good day to cleanse and activate them to aid with a variety of things, particularly my intuition.

I sprayed my empath protection spray in the air, chose a tarot card associated with intuition, and started the video meditation to activate them.

Labradorite is one of my favorite crystals and I’ve been looking for a couple stones to carry with me daily so this was the perfect time to get them prepared.

18 Likes

Ooh this looks so good. I have been struggling to listen to my intuition lately. Thanks @georgia for this suggestion. @BryWisteria I am taking this as a sign that it is time to open to my intution again. Sometimes I get to outwardly focused and neglect the voice inside. Thank you for the challenge and the reminder.
9a8a08df-74b8-4058-add3-a3ec1bd7da0b_text

Daphne

18 Likes

I have been also being called to do this acitvation. Too thank you for sharing your experience!! :mage: :crystal_ball: I also love Labradorite

17 Likes

Beautiful @Artemisia :people_hugging:

16 Likes

This is my entry:

Added the numbers from the card see what my angles have to say: 179 :

And the Pisces I’m very in tune we use our intuition naturally I have many experiences just look at some of my post of my stories these were my experiences like that one and the CTA who was dreaming and I read his thoughts

17 Likes

CHALLENGE ENTRY- ALL ABOUT INTUITION @TheMuslimWitch

I find it challenging to trust my intuition at times and tend to blow it off as being too much of a worry wart only to find out i should have followed my gut feeling (aka. intuition). So for my challenge entry, i am looking to deepen my trust with my intuition through this useful website i have researched:

Here are some suggestions to do so…

9 ways to deepen your trust in your intuition:

• Meditate
  • Practice mindfulness
  • Check in with your body
  • Allow yourself to feel
  • Let yourself daydream
  • Try things on
  • Pay attention to serendipity
  • Notice others’ energy

Although there are many other sources out there, this one seemed to call to me and made the most sense to me. I think if i practice keying into and strengthening my intuition, i will be able to make better judgements rather than ignoring what i feel is the right choices.

18 Likes

This Weekly Challenge is going to be quite helpful to me. Intuition is my strong point and has gotten me through life for as long as I can remember. Getting it in on time is the challenge for me.

Mote It Be
Medea

14 Likes

:goat:

16 Likes

Challenge entry

14 Likes

CHALLENGE ENTRY

Being a very intuitive witch my entry is going to be out my experiences.

I always know when something is wrong with someone I love. I always have that “feeling” but not always know who or what. I’m working on strengthening that ability by meditation and trying to channel where the feeling is coming from.

Last week I had a vision of a white truck with a red emblem crossing over the centerline and coming head on at me. Wasn’t sure if the vision was for me or another smoky member. So I told those I love to be cared of white trucks with red emblems. My daughter didn’t want to let me know I was right, because she at 31 still hates to admit mom is right. Lol. But yesterday, she informed me that same day I told her, on her way home from work, a white truck with a red emblem crossed the center line in front of her and she was almost in the ditch trying to avoid being hit.

To strengthen my intuition I also have been listening to audio books on empaths and the clairs before going to bed and while sleeping.

16 Likes

After last week’s challenge about magical creatures, I got to thinking about what my spiritual animal might be.
I took the quiz on this site and the answer was Cervidae (the deer family). Interesting since the magical animal I chose was the reindeer!
I was researching bear images for the Energy Jar in my series of the 12 spiritual muscles when in the middle of the bear images is an image of a reindeer. Say what!
I got out my pendulum and asked it if I should do a 3-D rendering of a fennec fox, a moose, or a reindeer. No movement at all on the first two, then wild swinging for the reindeer.
I googled “reindeer as a spiritual animal” and was surprised to find a few sites. One site said “If the reindeer is special to you, you are being called upon to hone your intuition. You have special gifts, so use them!”
Okay, no need to hit me up the side of the head with the proverbial celestial frying pan. Reindeer it is!

16 Likes

Wonderful synchronicity! Congratulations!

15 Likes

Challenge Entry
Intuition Spell Jar
I decided to make a mini jar to improve my awareness of messages being sent by my intuition.
I will do the spell soon while the moon is still in Virgo.
The jar with a purple and gold ribbon and bow contains a scroll with the rune Laguz :laukaz: and a sigil for INTUITION, a violet fabric butterfly for self-work and trust, and 7 botanicals: alder, bay leaf, birch, clover, willow (to trust in intuition), rosemary, and lavender flowers.
On the altar I will have an elephant for intuition, rabbit and owl for awareness, 2 tarot cards (High Priestess, The Hierophant), 2 stones (lapis lazuli, and turquoise), a 4-leaf clover, sandalwood incense, and a lavender scented candle.

This is my rendition
for a challenge submission.
No matter the tradition
or the stage of transition
One must dump the logician
with our total permission.
We can’t stress the condition
if One has the ambition
to be a wise magician
it won’t come to fruition
One can just keep on wishin’
if One shuns intuition!

17 Likes

CHALLENGE ENTRY

I did get lax with my practice over the past few weeks. I was developing my intuition by a practicing with tarot cards. I pulled a single card for a few days. Then I did the past present future reading. Then I jumped right in and did @MeganB New Year tarot reading which had a lot of cards. My intuition was pretty spot on. This has helped me develop my intuition and give me some confidence to trust in my intuition.

@BryWisteria recommend this book

This is a great book which has more than just the basic meanings of all the cards. This book has helped me further my tarot reading skills and gave me more trust in myself.

17 Likes

CHALLENGE ENTRY

meditation to develop intuition

16 Likes

@Artemisia
Excellent Challenge entry you have posted with some very informational detailed knowledge of intuition.

Intuition which is my strong point and it has been my whole life. Great job thank you for this.

Blessed Be,
Medea

16 Likes