My Lammas / Lughnasadh Bread Spell! šŸž

Such Beautiful Ideas and the bread looks tasty! We will each have a small piece then our birds will get the rest, we seem to have become a bird sanctuary in our area and its lovely. Blessed Be!

4 Likes

Oh thatā€™s lovely, thanks @Francisco :blush: Iā€™m definitely going to incorporate that into my bread baking tomorrow.

Iā€™m guessing that it would be no problem to substitute the milk with either non-dairy milk or olive oil? :thinking:

5 Likes

That looks incredible, Russell! What a perfect altar for this celebration! :clap: :clap:

3 Likes

Nice! Let the birds bring all sorts of good omens!! :bird:

3 Likes

@christine4 Thanks for your comment!

Milk has a very powerful symbolism because in almost every cultural tradition it symbolizes the Mother and life itself. Itā€™s a ā€œfluid of fertility and abundanceā€.

I would use whatever milk substitute you prefer (soy, almond, rice, coconut milk, etc) and focus on those qualities as you do it!

Blessed Be!

5 Likes

I made whole wheat scones for Lammas. I celebrate alone, so I want a smaller batch. Plus it looks great in my offering dish! Love sharing ideas with you all. Thanks.

6 Likes

Happy Lammas!! :sunny::ear_of_rice: I hope everyone is having a Magickal day!!

Iā€™m baking a bit more bread today and also I canā€™t believe itā€™s August already! :neutral_face:

4 Likes

Blessed Lammas everyone :blush: :sunny:
I hope youā€™re all enjoying whatever celebrations you might partake in!

I made some bread today (and already ate half of it - very tasty :yum:)

I also put a little offering on my altar; apples, barley and bread:

Iā€™m never too sure what to do with offerings later on, but I think I will bring these with me to the stable tomorrow to give to my horses; that way nothing goes to waste and I can share Lammas with them :grin: :horse: :horse:

5 Likes

Your bread looks delicious! Iā€™m sure the horses appreciated it!

Sometimes itā€™s hard to know what to do with the offerings after a ritual! We had a conversation on this a while ago. Hereā€™s the topic: Help with offerings

4 Likes

Everyoneā€™s bread looks mouth-watering and delicious! :bread::yum:

I hope everyone had a bountiful and blessed Lughnasadh! :pray::two_hearts:

5 Likes

I learned I need a simple or a large printed out a ritual. I felt embarrassed by my lack of smoothness. In previous Sabbats, I felt awkward but energized. This Sabbat, I was embarrassed I was not smooth. I will print a large ritual to honor the deities and the Elements.

4 Likes

This sounds like a great idea, @wendy4 and hopefully the large size will help you to feel more confident as you work through the ritual! :+1: Sending you good thoughts and wishing you the best of luck! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

Travel Witch, I am honored by your generosity! Thank you. Plus, I have not been to Poland yet. Before the virus, I was planning to visit London and its environs. My motherā€™s fatherā€™s family came from there. I have a large bucket list.

3 Likes

Travel dreams are so exciting! :two_hearts: I hope your delayed plans will be possible once the current situation resolves! If you find yourself in Poland in the future, definitely let me know :grin: :sparkles:

3 Likes

Okay guys now I need to bake fresh bread! I can smell it and taste itā€¦ nothing like breadā€¦

4 Likes

Ā”Hola a todos!

Yesterday I did the Lughnasadh ritual and I must say it cheered me up a lot, really liked it. It makes you think of your skills and talents and be thankful for them.

Today, I cooked vegan hummus and colored Lugh the best way I could, lol

Thanks again for this challenge. Iā€™m enjoying this new habit so much!

Mod edit: By request, this post has been entered into the Weekly Witchy Challenge- Wickedly Delicious :yum:

4 Likes

It sounds like you had a lovely ritual and Sabbat, @RyuWyn- and your Lugh drawing came out lovely! :evergreen_tree: :heart: Glad you had a nice holiday celebration!

3 Likes

Happy Lughnasadh, @RyuWyn!! :sun: Itā€™s great to see you had a productive day!! Cheers!

3 Likes

Bright Blessings!
Happy Lammas!

3 Likes

Happy Lammas and a wonderful Harvest @Jeannie1! I see you enjoyed a beautiful bread, Blessed Be! :bread:

4 Likes