My Name Is A Heart Graced By A Serpent (A Meditation on Who You Are)

My Name Is A Heart Graced By A Serpent (A Meditation on Who You Are)

Had been thinking about labels, names and just who and what it is that I am. :thinking: I took some old thoughts and I adapted a few lines from the Greek Magical Papyri to come up with this little working to explore my name and what that might mean. Here it is if you’d like to try it. :anatomical_heart: :snake:

Do whatever you do to get yourself in a meditative state, candle, incense, whatever works, settle in and just do what you usually do. Then say the following few lines aloud, began the chant and do the visualization and contemplation. The A O chant should be like an “ahh” sound and a long “o.” Its supposed to be the Alpha and Omega, beginning and end, from the Greek alphabet, but I don’t know how to get that font so…you get the idea. Just relax, three deep breaths in and out, and say:

"I am the fearless one walking this path.
I am the sovereign, soul unending.
I am the truth who mourns the fact that unjust deeds are done in this world.
I am the one who makes the lightning flash and the thunder roll.
I am the one whose sweat falls upon the earth as rain so that the seed may release the sun.
I am the one whose words craft and unmake.
I am the favor of Eternity.

My name is a heart graced by a serpent.

Come Forth and follow.
Come Forth and follow.
Come Forth and follow.

A O…A O…A O…A O…A O…A O…A O…A O…A O…A O…"

Chant the Alpha and Omega for as long as you wish.
As you do so, in your minds eye, see a serpent of light emerge from your chest.
See it grow and shimmer as it circles and flows around you.
Undulating to your chant.
What color light is it made from?
Does it change color, size and form as it winds around you?
What does it feel like?
Who or what looks back when you gaze into its eyes?
Does it ask anything of you?
Is it urgent, playful, solemn?
Let the chant rise and fall as the pattern of a heartbeat, your pulse, the serpentine rhythm of your life in its entirety, from the first heartbeat that began to call for you from your mothers womb, all the way through your life to the last, before your final outward breath from this body.
Consider that who you are, your name, is all your life’s actions and manifestations, woven like a thread in the fabric of eternity.
This life lasts as long blood flows, from beginning to end, Alpha to Omega.
Contemplate the sound of this lifelong string of heartbeats in it’s entirety, as your true name, that none but you will ever speak.
Make of it what you will.

Brief explanation: The first lines are from “The Stele of Jeu” in the PGM but reworked by me. It starts with a declaration of myself, on my own path. Then accepts a world where some things cannot be changed, yet I am a part of nature itself. And as such, my actions affect the world and this too cannot be stopped. Finally is the statement of my whole life being who I am, as symbolized by my pulse. Call forth the serpent and have a good look at the tale it weaves.

Seasons of the Heart by Laura Tempest Zakroff

14 Likes

Oh my I freaking love this so much. Ill gladly use this. Thankyou so much for sharing this beautiful gift :gift: Happy holidays

Blessed be :sparkling_heart:

10 Likes

Happy Holidays! Thank you, hope you find it useful :heart:

9 Likes

This is lovely! Thanks for sharing!

9 Likes

thanks for sharing! blessings

9 Likes

Wow, @peter3, I love :heart: this; thank you so much for sharing! :revolving_hearts:

I don’t have any specific labels at the moment & was looking into some things earlier today surrounding who, what, and why I am, well me. While I didn’t come up with any definitive answers, I’m not sure of any more than before. So I’m not really any closer to any of whatever it was I was hoping to find :laughing:

If you don’t mind, I would like to save this and see how I can use it myself. Of course, I would give you the credit for the version you’ve shared and credit to the originals :blush:

8 Likes

@Susurrus I definitely know the feeling :wink: And feel free to save and share anything I post here :heart:

If anybody tries it out and has any feedback I’d love to hear it :slightly_smiling_face:

7 Likes

For much of my life, I wanted to go by a different name than the one associated with so much of my early experience. I wanted to be positive and hopeful so I could have something to offer the world. Now that I am older, I feel a change coming over me. I had trouble getting a grip on that change in myself until I read your meditation, here. Thank you @peter3

8 Likes

@georgia :hearts: thank you for sharing such personal thoughts. glad there was something in the meditation for you!

8 Likes

@peter3 This is wonderful! Thank you! I had another thought but it already escaped me! :exploding_head::thinking::confounded: if it comes back to me I’ll share it!

7 Likes

@Sivonnah thanks! Those thoughts are slippery, they get away from me all the time lol :upside_down_face:

7 Likes

I love the images that I’ve seen recently that you’ve posted. One of the updates to the Bing AI is DALL-E & :thinking: Ack… I forget now :face_with_peeking_eye: I’m going to see what other different things I can add to the creations.

@starborn had given me a couple of good tips that I’ve used for the Brigid’s Flame posts lately. I think Bing is my favorite & Bonus that it’s free :laughing:

9 Likes

A little visualization done with Image Creator

9 Likes

Love this one. That’s rad

8 Likes

@peter3 Wow! That’s incredible! :blush::purple_heart:

6 Likes