My poor grandmother (TW: Loss, death)

My gran is very ill. She has been bed bound for over a year and is now on a morphone driver. She only has a short time left (days or even hours). I was convinced we would lose her during the night.

Yesterday while sitting with her, she was trying to kiss someone. She then called my grandpa’s name and stopped breathing. She came back though.

I know that my grandpa will be waiting on her. I had reiki yesterday and could see him standing by the bed. He said “it wont be long”. She hasnt woken up.now for around 36 hours.

We have all told her to go and get him.and she gave a nod (she can still hear us). I tried to call out and ask for him to go to her. She is still with us this morning but with no change. I just want him to tell her its ok and to come for her. What can i do to encourage him to come to her?

I am sorry if this seems desperate…may be I am because I cannot bare to see her lie like that any longer.

Blessed be

Alan

16 Likes

I’m so sorry for all this. Have lit a candle for you and grandma. There isn’t a ritual I know off where you can ask for someone to go before their time. Maybe someone else has one. But the fact you saw your grandpa could indicate they’re getting ready to receive her. He may already be gently welcoming her. It’s hard for us this side, but it looks from what you say, that once she passes over, she’ll have a loving welcome and space.

Sending love and courage your way. :sparkling_heart:

15 Likes

My mom was really stubborn when we took her off the ventilator. We all kept telling her we’re all ok and she could go and be with her family and friends. It seemed like forever til she passed. I think she didn’t want to leave because she was the glue that held us all together.

I’m so sorry for what you’re what you’re going through. :people_hugging::two_hearts: I’d just keep talking to them both. Say a prayer to whomever you worked with or who she did. Unfortunately, she’ll decide when she’s ready. Sending you a lot of love and many hugs. :people_hugging::people_hugging::people_hugging::two_hearts::two_hearts::two_hearts::heart::heart::heart:
I pray that she passes in peace.

14 Likes

Thank you. I asked last night that she may gain the strength to wake up and see that her loved ones are with her. Today she woke up and gave me a smile. She held my hand and squeezed it tight, refusing to let go. I got my little moment with her :broken_heart::blue_heart:

14 Likes

Alan, may she pass peacefully surrounded by the ones she Loves. My Mom just passed last month. May they all get together and feel the Love that is being sent to them and look down with Love. :people_hugging:

11 Likes

@tracyS @Sivonnah @Shadeweaver Ithank you for your well wishes, prayers, candles and advice. It is very much appreciated. This is especially hard for me as my gran (or nana as I call her) basically broight me up as my mum had me at a young age and went out to work to peovide for me. It makes the inevitable loss all the more painful. It is also the 7th person in the last 5 years I will have lost. Its loke my tarot “tower” moment has lasted years and now I need a pheonix to start rising. I need positivity!:cry:

14 Likes

Sending you hugs :sparkling_heart::hugs:

12 Likes

Sending you hugs and love. I hope she will let go soon it is so hard when they don’t let go my grandmother was the same way. She escaped the death rattle and sill lived a day or two more. But in her own time she let go. She just has to feel ready. I miss my grandmother too she was basically my mom as well cause my mom has always been preoccupied with her own stuff.
Please let me know if there is any eay i can support. I will keep you and she in my thoughts and send good vibes.

13 Likes

I’m sorry about your nana. May she be in peace and comfort and surrounded with love.

:people_hugging::people_hugging::people_hugging::people_hugging::people_hugging::people_hugging:

13 Likes

I’m so sorry about your grandmother. But at least you are there for her and she knows she is loved.

Sending you love and light!

13 Likes

I’m so Sorry to hear about your grandmother just know that we are always here for you :people_hugging: :pink_heart: :purple_spell_candle:

10 Likes

I’m so sorry to hear about the struggles with your gran right now :heart: I’ve never experienced anything like this, so I can’t imagine what you’re going through. :people_hugging: I don’t have any answers to your question, but I just wanted to extend my love and support to you and your family during this difficult time.

11 Likes

Thank you to all of you for yiur kind words. Your support means so much to me :blue_heart::broken_heart:

11 Likes

@Shadeweaver sending hugs to you too :sparkling_heart::hugs:

13 Likes

Sending you strength and comfort as all I can say is cherish every moment that you have with her. When it’s time for her to go, it will hurt but she will be free. Each moment is precious.

12 Likes

My heart goes out to you, Alan - I am so sorry for this difficult time. Even though we know they will be okay on the other side, it is still so hard to watch as a loved one passes over. I’m sorry I don’t have a passing spell to offer and I also don’t know why some choose to linger so long in their final physical moments, but I think it’s safe to say that she will go when she is ready. Your nana is very blessed to have love and support on both sides. May her passing be a peaceful one.

Sending a big hug your way, Alan. You’ve had to deal with so much over the past few years and I pray The Tower has finally crumbled and you can rise again, phoenix-bright, like The Star that you are! :star2:

Love, light, and warmth to you :candle: :people_hugging: :heart:

12 Likes

How are you? :sparkling_heart:

10 Likes

Hey

My gran is still holding on. No one quite knows how. Even the nurses and carers are puzzled as to how she is still with us. She is on a morphone driver but is still waking up and chatting!

I thought she would leave us last week when it was her wedding anniversary. She did say my grandpa was there that day but she didnt go with him.

On monday she said my wee brother paid her a visit. So they are definitely hanging aroind waiting. She is just not ready to go with them yet. :blue_heart: :broken_heart:

12 Likes

Oh wow, she’s still making the most of her time here. Must be nice to be surrounded by family on both sides of the veil. :sparkling_heart:

11 Likes

Yeh is definitely holding out for something. I just wish I knew what. It is getting harder to watch now though as she is clearly deteriorating. She didnt know who I was the last time I was in. :cry:

11 Likes