My Sweet Mommy

Something happened today that I am bursting to share. All of my family, mom, dad, and both brothers, are deceased and I have felt such longing for them. I even had a special language with my brother who was closest in age to me, and losing all of them has been hard for me, even though I have a very loving husband, daughter, and grandson. I had dreams of them almost nightly until I found my Wiccan path. Then the dreams stopped. I was at the local flea market today with my daughter, grandson, and two close friends when I happened upon the metaphysical shop owned by a lady I have known and loved for a while but didn’t know she was a witch till recently. I met her friend there and we began to talk. Her friend said that I was a beautiful soul and when she touched my arm, something came over her. She said she had a message from my mom, and she hoped I didn’t think she was nuts. It took a few minutes but I found out that my Mama loves me, said I was beautiful, that she is my shield, and she is always with me. This happened so suddenly that I do not doubt the lady’s sincerity. It was a very emotional experience and I got sick afterward. But that I was able to hear from my Mama after trying for so long has brought me all the joy in the world. I wanted to share! I will try to post a picture if my Mama in a few minutes.

8 Likes

That is an awesome message to receive :tada:. I’m sorry for your losses & understand the feelings of longing for passed-on loved ones :heart: My mom & Nana died 6 months apart in 2003. Then my mother died in August 2021. :people_hugging:

It’s just my brother & father left, but they live down the eastern seaboard & I long for them & being able to just drive for half an hour & be at my parent’s house to spend the day or visit. Sunday dinner was always a thing.

My grandmother actually had an in-law apartment attached to our house, so she lived with us. When she passed the doctors said my mom would be more comfortable physically in FL due to the climate. Then 3 1/2 months later she passed away. My father stayed in FL. My brother moves around… he is in the Army :military_helmet: full time & has I believe 5 years left there. So it’s just me & my immediate family (husband, 3 children [2 are adult aged], & 2 dogs) It’s okay. I’m working through my things & I’m okay with what is now my family & making sure they are safe & cared for as best as I can.

I am still working on where I should put an ancestor altar & what I would like to have on it. So maybe that could be an idea for you! An altar dedicated to your family that has crossed over? Maybe do something to honor your mother, a ritual, spell or enchant a charm for a bracelet or necklace? Or write her a letter & leave it on your altar for her after asking for assistance delivering the message?

5 Likes

Thank you for your compassion and your suggestions. I think writing a letter to my mom would be a good place for me to start. It’s actually something I have been pondering for a while and plan to crack on with that once school dismisses.

I am sorry for your losses as well. It’s hard to carve out your space when your core is shaken. Just keep them near your heart and know that they are with you.

Siofra, I love the encouragement that you give others on this forum. You are cheering folks on to be their best selves and you are doing so on a regular basis. It really lifts my spirits to read what you have to say and I’m sure others have had these heart warming experiences as well. Thank you so much!

And I love your name!

6 Likes

What a beautiful experience! You’re so lucky!

6 Likes

Thank you very much, I appreciate it :people_hugging: I do my best to help people in the ways I am able to help. I have been through my own “stuff” & I know others may not experience the exact same things, but that doesn’t change how they feel in a way that I can relate to it. I will say as a highly sensitive empath it was something I had to learn how to handle.

I will find a niche or a way to honor them when the time is right or the perfect place becomes available in my space :hugs: & I know you will too.

5 Likes

I am so happy that you received a message from your mom- and such a lovely message too! It sounds like she is still watching over, protecting, and supporting you :heart::blush:

Siofra shared some lovely advice for ways you might reach out to connect and honor her spirit. Wishing you all the best with writing your letter! :love_letter:

Much love and blessed be :sparkles:

5 Likes

Thank you so much! I have wanted to hear from her for so long! I realized during a meditation a few weeks ago that all I really ever wanted was to be like my Mom. She had so many talents I can’t even begin to name them. She was a hearth with, a kitchen witch, a green witch…she just didn’t know!

Love and Blessings!

6 Likes

That is just beautiful.

6 Likes

@kim7
Sweetheart, that is one of the dearest stories I’ve heard in a long time.
My Dad died in 1992 and sometimes I still here him say my name.
Mom died 2016 at 93, now she had a good long run on this world and was more than ready, but I still miss her.
Post @MeganB, she may have some videos on contacting your loved ones.
May your blessings continue long and strong.
Garnet

6 Likes

I don’t have a video about it, per se, but I do have a few videos on ancestors and ancestor altars :blush:

We also have a few posts on ancestors and ancestor altars here on Spells8!

6 Likes

Honestly, I was hoping you would chime in, but feel like I have been tagging you a lot :rofl:

5 Likes

haha that’s okay! I don’t have a lot of spoons for a full response today but I’m bookmarking this post so I can come back to it later.

5 Likes

@MeganB , thanks, this is very informative.
Blessed be
Garnet

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.