🌌 My weekly challenge entry - Astrology: Reading the Skies

For this week’s :milky_way: Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE - Astrology: Reading the Skies I started by looking at my Western Zodiac.

I already knew my sun sign is Libra, and quickly found I have Virgo ascending and my moon sign is Pisces.

The basic run down of the above as taken from https://www.astrosofa.com/ is as follows:-

Libra - Zodiac Sign

Libra is charming, gracious and extremely fun-loving.

Libra Strengths

Libras are generally considered graceful, modest, amiable, cuddly, cheerful, optimistic, idealistic, helpful, selfless, generous, merciful, just.

Libra Weaknesses

They can be superficial, reckless, lazy, gullible, addicted to genius, obsessed by cleanliness, in need of luxury, lavish, helpless, moody, easily influenced.

Virgo Ascendant

Neat, organizational talent, excellent observation skills

Strengths of the Virgo Ascendant

They are Intellectual, eager to learn, educated, understanding, observant, attentive, modest, adaptable, serving, hardworking, dutiful, orderly, reliable.

Weaknesses of the Virgo Ascendant

They tend to be petty, pedantic, selfish, calculating, subtle, cunning, dissatisfied, tormenting, submissive, undecided, narrow-minded.

The Moon in Pisces

People with the Moon sign Pisces are very sympathetic to all living things on earth. They have a reliable intuition and are very receptive to the vibrations and emotions of their fellow human beings.

They often have problems separating themselves from the emotions and feelings of others. They then suffer and can hardly distinguish and protect themselves. People with the Moon sign Pisces feel particularly comfortable when they can help their environment. They want to do something good for everyone. Many people are attracted to their kind and loving nature. It is not difficult to feel comfortable and build trust in the presence of a Pisces born under the Moon sign Pisces .

Even within a partnership, those born in the Moon sign Pisces are very emotional and sensitive. They are seductive, tender, and romantic, enjoy togetherness, and believe in great love.

There’s a lot in the above that I do agree with, but for this challenge decided to look further into my Chinese Zodiac, it having always fascinated me, and I already knew I was Year of the Dog (I was born in late 1982). I used to visit a small, family-run Zoo where I grew up that had a Chinese Water Garden with details of the Zodiac signs dotted along the bridges and their years and I felt a lot of peace walking through there.

Not sure it’s good that blue is apparently unlucky colour for me given how important it is to me…

Which Type of ‘Dog’ Are You?

I hadn’t previously realised that in Chinese element theory, each zodiac sign is associated with one of the five elements: Gold (Metal), Wood, Water, Fire, and Earth; 1982 was a Water Dog year. This means I have the following traits: brave and self-centered, even seemingly selfish; well-versed in dealing with financial issues, which seems a fair assessment.

My husband is Year of the Monkey which fortunately means we’re complementary, good to know after nearly 9 years :rofl:

Dogs’ Horoscope for 2021

This year’s Chinese Horoscope indicates the following:-

In 2021, luck for the Dog is slightly lower, especially with respect to interpersonal problems that will plague the Dog. In terms of careers, Dogs, what you do will easily attract criticism from others.

In 2021, people who belong to the Dog zodiac sign will be easily trapped in their feelings, leading to insomnia and fatigue. Academically, Dog people’s learning efficiency will be hindered because of their introverted personality.

Not the greatest of news, but I already knew it was going to be a difficult year as we’re not out of the woods yet with this pandemic. There are tough times to come, but I’m going to take ending the year in the neutral zone as a plus as it could be far worse.

Best-Suited Careers for Dogs

Career wise, due their loyal personality, Dogs tend to choose a career based on the principle of serving others. Dogs are seen as valuable employees as they put their heart and soul into their tasks. They are easy-going and kind, and are always ready to alleviate the workload of others, which makes them very popular in their work circle.

The recommend careers include: Police officer, Scientist, Counsellor, Interior designer, Professor, Politician, Priest, Nurse, Clerk, and Judge.

Whilst I’m not any of the above I am a Solicitor, and my motivation for that is to help others, so again that fits.

Health Tips for Dogs

Health-wise is where it falls down a little as generally Dogs:

…enjoy good health as they tend to be happy all the time. Dogs are active at sports so they are resilient to illnesses, such as colds, coughs, and fever.

In heavy work periods and frequent social activities, they should ensure they get plenty of rest in addition to taking proper exercise, which will benefit both their physical and mental health. Since Dogs are not keen on seeking money and power, they feel less stressed and tense at work and in their home lives.

I don’t exercise enough (though I am doing so more), my health isn’t great, and I do get stressed and tense about work. Perhaps something to work on?

How to Build Relationships with Dogs

They would rather suffer a loss than make trouble for others, and never go against their hearts to do something immoral.

When making close friends, Dogs will take some time to gain a thorough understanding of their friends, due to their traits of being conservative and cautious. Once they become close friends, Dogs will be faithful to maintain the relationship.

In love relationships, Dogs will not easily fall in love with someone. But once they do, they will be incredibly faithful to maintain the relationship and be loyal to their partner. However, their emotions have ups and downs when dealing with love relationships.

I am fiercely loyal with friends and partners, often going to greater lengths to protect and defend them than I would do to protect myself.

It’s been an interesting brief dive into astrology this weeks, and there are parts of both the Western and Eastern systems that are meaningful to me. I’ll have to look into this further :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Awesome information! I enjoyed learning about the different types of Zodiac that goes into a person. I remember finding my Chinese & Primal Zodiacs before.

There is so much information surrounding a person’s unique chart, it’s a lot to take in whether you relate to any of it or not. Great job! Thank you for sharing!

4 Likes

Wow. Great information!

4 Likes

This is awesome, Iris! :heart_eyes:

Sorry to hear that Blue is an unlucky color for those in the Year of the Dog, but just because something doesn’t align in one aspect of your chart doesn’t mean it’s 100% set in stone! I’d be more wary of things that continue to appear in readings across your sign. I’ve always felt like the more times a message appears in your readings, the more likely it is to be applicable just to you! :blue_heart: :sparkles:

Thanks for sharing the Chinese Zodiac compatibility chart! Looks like I (a Rooster :rooster: ) and my partner (an ox :ox: )make a good match according to the Chinese zodiac! :grin: Always fun to check these- and the chart makes it so easy to read!

This was a wonderful exploration of your signs, their meanings, and how they fall into your life. Really great job, Iris! Thanks again! :hearts:

5 Likes

Wow :flushed: you put a lot of great info together here!!! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

5 Likes