New family additions

I’m Sooo excited!!! My chicks finally arrived. They are so adorably cute.They hatched 5-9 and I just got them in the mail today. I have had chickens off and on for 40 years or more, but new chicks are such a treat. :purple_heart: :chicken: :rooster: :hatching_chick: :baby_chick: :hatched_chick:

May they prosper, be cute and provide my eggs in the morning. hahaha :pray: :egg: :fried_egg:

15 Likes

Awe, they are precious! Nothing better than farm fresh eggs in the morning. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

11 Likes

Too stinking cute.

10 Likes

They are crazy adorable! :star_struck: & I love the little crescent moon :crescent_moon: dish for them too! :heart_eyes:

10 Likes

What cute little balls of floof!

8 Likes

Ahhhh!!! Look at those happy little marshmellows- they are adorable! What kind of chickens are they, if you don’t mind me asking? :heart_eyes: :baby_chick: :sparkles:

So mote it be! :raised_hands: :heart: :hatching_chick:

8 Likes

They are so cute!!

8 Likes

Ohhhh soo much furrry cuteness! :heart_eyes: :face_holding_back_tears: :baby_chick: I want to kiss them lightly on their soft lil furry heads! :smiling_face: I absolutely looooove them @Shadeweaver!! :cupid: :sob: :heartbeat:

7 Likes

Awww, cute little tiny floofs! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :baby_chick:

7 Likes

Hi Bry, they are cute aren’t they? And no I don’t mind you asking at all. You may actually regret it as it is too easy to talk about them, especially when they’re this adorable.

I got a variety. 5 “easter eggers” for eggs. I think they are the brown chicks. :chicken: They will lay blue green eggs in 5 or 6 months. Also 5 blue Silkies that will look like they have hair instead of feathers :baby_chick:just because I like them…and they make good mothers. So maybe I can hatch my own. :egg:I also got 2 silver Polish with their crazy hairdoos because my Lady likes them and 2 Cochin bantams to help the Silkies with hatching maybe. It will be a fun mix. I hope it works out.

easter_eggers-Cackle
image from cacklehatchery.com
Easter Egger, hardy breed I have 1 that is 12 years old. She will be a grandmother to the babies I hope.

image from mcmurrayhatchery.com
for entertainment and curiosity :rofl:

because “why not”

Supposed to be good mothers and good broody hens

I got all my chicks from idealpoultry.com but they don’t have good pics of mature chickens sooo…

7 Likes

What a crew :joy:
Hoping they get along well and provide you with plenty of cuteness and breakfast eggs :smile_cat:

7 Likes

Oh my, how adorable! :heart: :baby_chick: I love baby chicks!

I hope they grow up to be amazing and even more adorable!

6 Likes

“Easter Egger” is a very fun name and seems fitting for a chicken who can lay colored eggs- that is so cool! :heart_eyes: Makes me wonder if each of the different colors has a different flavor too, like jelly beans :joy: :rainbow: :egg:

Those look like some chickens with character- I love them so much! :heart: I was curious about the name so I looked into it- some sources differ, but it sounds like the variety may have partially originated from Poland! That’s really neat! I wonder if I pay attention around the village if I’d be able to spot any around here :chicken: :eyes: :laughing:

A very fun mix indeed- your yard is going to be a very exciting place! I’m sure it will be interesting to watch them all as they go about their business.

May they all get along well and settle in wonderfully to their loving new home! :pray: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Enjoy your new feathered friends, @Shadeweaver! :hatching_chick: :sparkles:

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.