New from Idaho

I’ve been drawn to witchcraft since I was a teen. I started out with tarot and then drawn to oracle cards and other things. I’m completing my self initiation process. I want to devote my time and energy and life to the greater good of the Earth and Spirit and others. I have two grown daughters that are being drawn to the Wiccan beliefs. I raised them in the biblical church as I was raised. I’m still fighting against the traditional biblical knowledge that was taught to me since I was a child. I don’t have any dieties that I worship or feel drawn to as yet. I do believe in spirit guides and believe I have one. I look forward to gleaning knowledge from this community. Thank you that I’m allowed to be here.

7 Likes

Hi @charity9! I’m Amethyst from Southern West Virginia. Welcome to the forum! :infinite_roots:

Congratulations on finishing your self-initiation! That’s a big deal! And it’s okay to not have a specific deity to worship, I still just worship the Lord and Lady, instead of a specific God or Goddess, and I’ve been at this for a bit now. If you’re meant to have one, it’ll come to you!

Although if you’re interested, there’s Goddess Myths and Symbols on-site that will give you the start of an idea of different Goddesses. I believe there are plans for a category for Gods too, eventually.

Anyhow, if you have any questions about the courses or anything else just give a holler, and someone will pop up and help you out. I look forward to getting to know you!

7 Likes

Welcome @charity9 @ I’m very happy that you are on this journey with your daughters. That must be exciting! :two_hearts:

I think there are a lot of us that were brought up with some kind of Christianity or another religion similar. I was brought up Roman/Irish Catholic & I was confirmed in the Catholic Church. Shortly after that happening I was introduced to & started practicing Wicca with a friend. I had to stop because that wasn’t acceptable in my house & there was a gross misunderstanding of what I was doing within my household. So I stopped & for a while, I didn’t practice anything & my children were raised with the “Hallmark” version of holidays, not necessarily the religious reasons. We never pushed them to go to or through the church rites of any kind. I understand that trying to unlearn & rework your belief systems.

My 23 year old son is interested in Astrology, Norse Magic & Pantheon… which led to learning about the different aspects of it from a long time ago until now. So he has read & learned about Asatru too.

My daughter is at an early teenager stage. So sometimes she is really interested & wants to be involved & help me at the very least. Then other times, when her friends say something, she puts it all away & comes back to it at a later time. I understand, there is a lot of pressure & still a negative connotation here about witches/Wicca.

I was just reading that from the time you are born you have what can be translated as a “Cowalker”, a spirit guide that is with you from birth. Then you can also do practices to meet your Otherworld ally, or faerie ally for when you are visiting or working with the Otherworld.

{I’m going to pause for a second & say that I am more of a Celtic :triquetra: Pagan, not Wiccan, so my experience with the craft may be slightly different than others in the forum}

I work with Tarot/Oracle/Pendulum/Runes/Stones (Lithomancy), & have a bag of small charms started for the same reason. I carry a pouch of crystals with me each day. One stone I draw from my divining stones, two stones are drawn from my crystal oracle decks, I add in a small quartz piece, & two chakra stones. Along with a Brigid’s Cross charm & a Goddess charm (the Earth Goddess) I also work along with Moon/Sun Goddess/God. My connection to nature has gotten much stronger & I enjoy walking barefoot through my area to feel the energy of the earth beneath my feet.

I hope that you continue to learn & grow with your daughters. If you have any questions at all, we are all very friendly & supportive of your journey. Feel free to ask any questions you may have either in #questions or on a topic that is already in the forum, whether for clarification or seeking further knowledge. Someone will come along with help for you as soon as they can.

I look forward to learning with you! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

Hello and welcome home :infinite_roots: @charity9

I am Marsha from Colorado, and I’m so glad you have joined us. I was also raised with Christian teachings. It’s taken me a long time to work through some of those early teachings. There’s a lot of great information here and lots of friendly and helpful people here, so if you have any questions, just ask.

With love :heart: and magick :dizzy: always

5 Likes

Merry meet @charity9,

You are much more than “allowed”, you are very welcome here- thank you so much for taking the time to introduce yourself! :heart: It is a pleasure to meet you and I hope you make yourself at home here :blush:

As someone who enjoys Tarot and Oracle, have you found the Daily Draw Discussion yet? It’s a nice place to get a daily message from the coven (as well as seeing everyone’s pretty decks!) :flower_playing_cards: :sparkles:

If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to reach out- your coven is here and happy to help!

Looking forward to talk with you more soon- Blessed be :sparkling_heart:

5 Likes

Hey there @charity9 and welcome to Spells8! :wave:

My name is Megan and I’m one of the moderators here. It’s nice to meet you! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I have also been drawn to the occult and witchcraft since I was a young teen. I started with Wicca and now I’m a bit of everything :sweat_smile: My family was Christian, too, but we didn’t go to church that much. It was too big of a deal in my house.

How exciting that your children are also interested in Wicca! :sparkles: My daughter is 9 and she doesn’t show too much interest yet, but that’s okay. When she is interested then we do things together. When she isn’t, then that’s okay, too.

We’re happy to have you here and I look forward to getting to know you better!

:green_heart: Megan

6 Likes

Welcome @charity9 :heart: I live in Alaska and have two grown children of my own (19 & 17), my daughter is also interested in Wicca. We do some practicing together. I was born and raised Mormon, so I can sympathize with the Biblical struggles.

It’s like a warm family here, and there’s so much to explore. Feel free to ask questions! :heart: Blessings to you!

6 Likes

Hi @charity9 welcome you’ll do great here

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.