New (to me) crystals

My husband used to run a small craft business. He trained as a cabinet maker, had a workshop and made things out of wood and also sold some key rings and things made with crystals.

That was before we met and the stuff from the business has been in his parents’ storage since then.

They’re now moving so he brought some back with him today from a visit. I’ll confess I did a squee!

I was mostly happy that I recognised a lot of what’s there without checking, but I’m going to go through my books to catalogue the rest. Like a pig in muck!

14 Likes

Congrats on all the new treasures

12 Likes

Oh the jealousy is astounding :joy:
Enjoy your treasures you lucky thing! :kissing_heart: :kissing_heart: :kissing_heart:

11 Likes

Wow, Iris, they are lovely! Congratulations on your haul!

9 Likes

Ooh I forget to mention hubby also brought home two large pieces of what he thinks is jade, one red and one black. I’ll try to take a photo tomorrow.

9 Likes

I would definitely squee too! Awesome surprises! Congratulations :tada: :confetti_ball:

8 Likes

Oh wow! Those are awesome!

8 Likes

Ooh, pretty!!! That’s awesome that you and your husband got them back! I definitely see malachite, sodalite, aventurine, red Jasper, rose quartz, howlite, citrine, different types of jaspers, unakite, I believe that the huge one is mica or muscovite which are very similar, clear quartz tumbles and possibly black obsidian.

The second picture is dyed agate and more muscovite. But I’m not completely sure about the one on the left, but it reminds me of septarian. I’m so happy for you!!!

8 Likes

“Well, let me tell ya, little lady, Them’s some mighty fine rocks”
Worst John Wayne ever

7 Likes

Thank you!

That confirmed some of my initial thoughts :grin:

7 Likes

You’re always welcome to have my opinion on any crystals!

6 Likes

Haha I can hear it!!! :sweat_smile:

6 Likes