Newbie in a new season

Greetings!

I am a Christian convert (if that’s a thing). If never felt like I belong.

I am a 44 y/o mom and teacher, in Virginia Beach. I teach algebra and physics. I’ve always been drawn towards numbers and science.

I am extremely happy to be here. My life partner is pagan, so I do have some guidance, but would love more friends!

10 Likes

Welcome your gonna love it here!

8 Likes

Hi @BrandiC8984! I’m Amethyst from Southern West Virginia. Welcome to the forum! :infinite_roots:

It’s great to have you here! You have a one-up on a lot of former Christians in that you have a pagan partner. They’ll help a lot! But you’re in the right place to make a lot of good friends!

Have you found the Courses? They are a great way to start on the site. If you get confused or have any questions that your partner can’t answer ask and someone will pop up and help you out.

I look forward to getting to know you better!

6 Likes

Hello :hugs: and welcome home :infinite_roots: @BrandiC8984

I’m Marsha, an Eclectic Solitary Witch, from Colorado. I’m glad your path has led you here, Brandi. It’s a great place to meet like-minded people and make new friends.

I agree with our lovely @Amethyst, the courses are a great place to start. There are lots of friendly and helpful people here so if you have any questions, just ask! Q&A

We are here for you, Brandy, welcome! :people_hugging:

With love :heart: and magick :dizzy: always

7 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: Hi! New Here As Well!

@BrandiC8984 Hi I’m Christeena, and I’m 42, a mother of 2 adult sons. One is a paramedic/firefighter, and the other is a Marine. I live in a very very small town in Central North Carolina with my hubby of 21 yrs, our 2 dogs and 3 cats. I was raised Pentacostal and was always told that my gifts were evil, so they were suppressed til just a few yrs ago when i finally accepted all of myself. It has been an amazing journey with alot of bumps along the way. But it’s all worth it bc for the 1st time in 42 yrs i feel whole.

I have a HUGE affinity for herbs, I commune with spirits, and my guides. I’m a daughter of Hekate, The Morrigan, and Thor. I will help anyone, usually to my own detriment. But I’m still just gonna do me. If you ask me a question please be prepared for an honest answer. Sometimes brutally honest, as I am blunt. I don’t sugar coat things. Here you will find so many like minded brothers and sisters who will welcome and accept all of you with open arms without condescension. If you have questions all you have to do is ask. We are all here to help each other. You will find people from all walks of life and paths. Again, welcome!!!

5 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Hi! New Here As Well!

@BrandiC8984 yayy!! I’m also a math/physics person, I am an engineer now, so I can relate to your affinity for numbers and science, but I’ve met very few fellow witches in my line of work, which I’ve always found interesting. I’ve spent some time in your area as well, I was stationed in Norfolk and Newport News during my time in the Navy and my daughter was born on the Langley Air Force Base. I loved that area - until I had to cross a bridge. :rofl: I’m back home in Erie, PA now. Welcome to the group!

7 Likes

Thank you. I did just finish the self-initiation course. I’m very excited.

6 Likes

Thank you!

I’m originally from MI myself. I am happy to have found this site!

6 Likes

@Mistress_Of_Herbs thank you!

I also love the herbs. I’m very into essential oils so that will be an easy transition for me.

6 Likes

Welcome, @BrandiC8984! I’m Siofra_Strega a moderator here in the forum! There is a wealth of knowledge here & on the site itself. Within the courses are a couple that has to do with herbs & a DIY apothecary of sorts. Each course has its own printable pages too! I keep them as files on my laptop, currently, I’m using that as my BOS, I have so many files of information there & on Pinterest… I’d need more than a few binders or bound books to keep all of the information in :laughing: I do have a written version that contains things I use regularly or rituals that I regularly use in my practice, but most things I have kept on my laptop in a BOS folder with subfolders for each topic. It’s just easier for me that way :hugs:

If you have any questions at all feel free to ask & someone will be along to help you out the best that they can… everyone here is very friendly & helpful. If you have something to share feel free to start your own topic too! We all love to learn new things!

I look forward to getting to know you! :revolving_hearts:

5 Likes

Hey @BrandiC8984!
I’m Ailey. I was also raised Christian and I’m a teacher. I teach first graders though. I see myself more as a christian witch, but I’m exploring! I live in Georgia. Glad you’re here! I look forward to chatting!

7 Likes

Congratulations!

6 Likes

Merry meet @BrandiC8984,

Please don’t mind if I jump in to say hello too- I’m Bry, another moderator here in the forum. It’s a pleasure to meet you! :blush:

I know it’s not everyone’s favorite thing and I’m certainly no expert on neither math nor science, but I find it really interesting when science and magick go hand-in-hand. Meditation and lucid dreaming are two areas that I love to back up and further explore via studies. Sometimes the science aspect can help take the spiritual aspect even deeper! It’s exciting for me when they overlap :blush:

Have you ever looked into Numerology before? Again, not everyone’s cup of tea (which is perfectly fine!), but if you’re a fan of numbers it might be of interest to you :1234: :sparkles:

That’s a big accomplishment- congrats on finishing the S.I Course, Brandi! :partying_face:

Please make yourself at home here! Hope to talk with you more soon- Blessed be! :sparkles:

6 Likes

Welcome to the forum @BrandiC8984 :wave:

My name is Megan and I’m one of the moderators here at Spells8 :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: It’s nice to meet you!

There is definitely such a thing as a Christian convert – and you’re not alone in that! Many of us here, myself included, have converted to a polytheistic or pagan practice from Christianity. Many of us have also never really felt like we belonged.

You’ve come to the right place, though! We are here to support you, offer friendship, and grow with you in your practice :heart: I look forward to seeing you around!

5 Likes

@BrandiC8984 ditto

6 Likes

@BrandiC8984 don’t let @Mistress_Of_Herbs fool you… she is a wealth of knowledge when it comes to essential oils & herbs :herb: and plants in general :face_with_hand_over_mouth: I have asked her questions to help me when I am stuck & the information has worked out beautifully each time!

We have quite a few witches that work with essential oils & herbs & plants… each with their own level of expertise, favorites, & recipes. We have been blessed with quite a few recipes from @Mistress_Of_Herbs & @SilverBear too!

You are certainly going to learn a lot & feel free to ask any questions that you may have :infinite_roots:

6 Likes

Awwwwww thanks babe, @Susurrus

And ill keep posting, as others tell me what they want. As u know i have over 50+ recipes that i havent shared. Plus I’ll make it up, like it did for @MeganB ,'s sister’s tea, and @MeganB 's oil.

Ive lost so many recipes bc ill make it and forget to write it down. Oops

6 Likes

Thats soooooo freaking awesome

6 Likes