Nine Types of Witches: Which Witch are You? ⭐

I don’t know yet. I aspire to the title Sorcerer Supreme LOL. I really do want to travel the worlds just beside ours but it is very difficult for me for some reason. Likely due to my desire to do so. If I got to spend much time there would I come back. At any rate that is the dream. I still tell myself at very restful times go reach find.

12 Likes

Oh, wow! I had heard the term “Hedge Witch” before, but I had no idea that’s what it meant! While many of these apply to me, I would have to say that I am a natural “Hedge Witch” as I have been traveling to other realms and talking to spirit for as long as I can remember. This somehow makes me feel better and included; as in meant to be here. :heart:

15 Likes

No, Jim. It’s Master of the Universe!

5 Likes

Can someone explain more in depth the difference between secular and electic?

10 Likes
  • Secular means “not religious”. A secular witch is someone who practices the craft but doesn’t consider it a religion. For example, they don’t work with any deities or believe in any higher power.
    This includes atheist witches: those who channel their own energy to impart their will in the world. But they don’t necessarily see witchcraft as something spiritual, maybe simply a philosophy or a way of life.

• Eclectic means that they derive their practices from a diverse range of sources. So they may mix and match different religious paths. For example someone who uses Reiki (Japanese) as part of their craft, but also works with angels (from Greek angelos ‘messenger’) and maybe even combines both in a single ritual or procedure (invoking an angel during a reiki session).

The main difference between those two types of witches is that a secular witch does not identify as a member of any religion, while an eclectic witch may be affiliated or favor one or more religions. But not necessarily, i.e. you could be both at the same time (an eclectic secular witch). Yes, labels are weird!

20 Likes

Thank you @Francisco that was a perfect breakdown for me. I don’t really want a label haha… I’m just me, but I like to know what exactly they mean. I appreciate that.

12 Likes

I think i am between a Secular Witch and a Eclectic witch… I don’t make up my own rules but do adapt to different ones…

15 Likes

I like this distinction because it also offers room for blending!

11 Likes

I’m solitary hedge/eclectic. Or just eclectic lol

15 Likes

I I love the ocean, planting and just sitting outside :pray:t2:I do like working with others as well and I still haven’t pick my witch name yet

11 Likes

The closest thing that I can identify with is an Eclectic Witch, I kind of draw from several places & see what resonates with me & makes me feel connected. I don’t fit into any 1 witch classification. :sun_with_face:

13 Likes

I don’t either. I do feel like I’m secular and solitary, but other wise I like many things. Plants and cooking are on the top. But also animals. In nature and home. I don’t find a lot of critter blessing/talks/etc which is what I’d like to learn about next.

11 Likes

I haven’t started my journey that long ago, but I think I fall somewhere between green, eclectic and secular. Although I don’t have a garden, I love all things herbs and spices and have a couple of herbs growing in my kitchen window. One day, I definitely would want to have my own garden :slight_smile:

Also, I like to do my spells following the Wiccan rede (harm no one), although I am not a Wiccan :smiley:

12 Likes

You will have a beautiful garden one day. I just bought my house last August. It’s a pain in the butt but so much fun. I have been tearing out all the old growth and this month I have so much to plant. Josta berries, blueberries, currants, sorrel, mint. Then I just ordered 16 plants online. 4 of each- rosemary, common sage, peppermint, and catnip.

I also need to get garlic in!

This spring I plan to plant about 6-10 fruit trees.

And just for curiosity sake, I only have a quarter acre. I plan to do 1/3 as a food forest concept. If you haven’t looked it up- do it! It’s so amazing and foresty :joy:

12 Likes

Oh wow sounds like you’re gonna have a lot of fun with your garden @NoName :slight_smile: I hope to see a photo of it soon :slight_smile:

12 Likes

Eclectic :woman_mage:t3:

9 Likes

I think id be electec as i draw on celtic and greek and hindu belifs combined as well as some christianity traditions like christmas and a few jewish traditions as well now im not christian or jewish but i was raised with both religious belifs in my family.

10 Likes

Hooray for more Eclectic witches, @trysh and @Nikita-mikaelson! :heart::blush:

I’ve found “Eclectic” covers all the bases for me too :+1: . I feel that it’s almost like a label for someone who doesn’t want a label/doesn’t feel that any of the existing labels work for them- it’s a great umbrella term that covers a little bit of everything.

12 Likes

When I first started exploring my spirituality, I was kind of looking for a drop-down menu of options because I didn’t know what was possible. Witch? Wizard? Shaman? Druid? Jedi? I was told that Sorry, It Does Not Work That Way.

So eclectic witch it is, though I think of myself as a Magic Man (cue Heart song).

14 Likes

I feel I am a Wiccan Witch and also part Solitary Witch, loving the coven too. :woman_mage: :broom: :magic_wand:

9 Likes