November 2022 ✨ Collective Reading Check-In

Once again, we have come upon the time to look back at our collective reading for the year. October seemed to fly by, as many months do when we live busy lives, and we have now turned to November. As Samhain approaches, I can feel the edge of the Otherworld, the unknown, right on the tip of my senses. I feel that this makes it much easier to tap into these collective readings and bring a bit of clarity to the months ahead.

This time, we are looking forward to November. I will be pulling three cards, as usual, to give us a bit more insight into what November has to offer. This time I decided to pull from my Somnia Tarot by Nicolas Bruno. If you would like to see more of this deck, I have a video showing a walkthrough of the cards. This deck just called out to me for this time of year. If you need a refresher for our collective reading, you can find that here → Peering into 2022 :flower_playing_cards: Collective Tarot Reading. If you are new here, this is a periodic tarot reading I do to shine light on the collective reading I do at the beginning of the year.

Was October Relevant?

Let’s look back at the card I pulled for October to see if it made sense with everything that happened.

October 2022: The Hanged Man :fallen_leaf:

By far one of my favorite cards, The Hanged Man always reminds me of the story of Odin hanging himself from Yggdrasil and sacrificing parts of himself to gain knowledge. The Hanged Man in this image depicts a person hanging from their feet in what look like vines. They have flowers around their head and an apple in their hand, both of which signify growth and knowledge. This month will see us having to sacrifice parts of ourselves from a greater good. However, we won’t see how it affects us and the good it will do until we’re forced into the situation. Once our perspective changes, we can see things more clearly.

If you want to refresh your memory on the October check-in, click here :tada:

In my Putting it Together section of last month, I mentioned that I was not afraid of The Tower. That statement still stands, of course, and I really appreciated this look into October. There are many things that happened in my personal life that all came together at once. The reading for October reminded me that it is better to lead with a level head rather than emotion, especially when multiple people and situations are involved. What about you? How did October’s reading treat you?

:sparkles: This month, we are looking at the month of November!

As a reminder, the collective reading for the month of November has us looking at The Chariot.

November 2022: The Chariot :oncoming_automobile:

A man clad in armor sits in a chariot pulled by two lions. One is open and roaring and the other is moving forward silently. The man holds no reigns. He lets the chariot go where it needs to. Whatever goals we have this month, probably pulling ourselves out of the funk that we’ve been in so far, should be approached with a logical mind. We will need to lean on our willpower and determination, maintaining control of as much as we can. We will need to be bold in our approach, yet reign in our aggression and competitive nature so we don’t lose control of ourselves.

With this card in mind, I pulled three more cards to give us some more guidance on where November is headed.

The above image shows three cards from the Somnia Tarot laid out on a gray background. From left to right they are the Ten of Cups, The Sun, and the Ace of Wands.

:cup_tarot: Ten of Cups – A card of true emotional fulfillment, happiness, and joy! The Ten of Cups embodies everything that we’ve worked hard to achieve in regard to family, emotional health, and community. Everything is coming to fruition and we can share in the revelry with those we care about. Rather than pouring from an empty cup, this card shows how each bucket relies on the other to fill it up, flowing from the bottomless buckets of the top. This is the way community works, how emotional fulfillment can be achieved as you work with others.

:sun: The Sun – Another happy card! The Sun is about hope, warmth, and passion. Being a Major Arcana card, this is one that you should pay close attention to. As well as being a card of hope and joy, this card is also one that shows success and optimism. To me, this is a sign that whatever challenges we face this month should be met with confidence. Do not go into those situations with a poor attitude. Instead, repeat affirmations of self-confidence. You can do it!

:wand_tarot: Ace of Wands – Lastly, the Ace of Wands finishes up our check-in. As a card of fiery passion and new beginnings, the Ace of Wands ushers in new ideas and ways for us to embrace life. Though we may face the challenges associated with The Chariot, this card gives us the creativity we need to push through them without trouble. Instead of being blocked for ideas, we will be sparked with inspiration!

Just as a reminder…

:star: The Card of the Year: The Nine of Pentacles

• success, abundance, and reaping the benefits of our hard work

:star: Goals of 2022: The Knight of Swords Reversed

• impatience, rudeness, and an overall aggressive manner in endeavors
  • fighting for what we believe in

:star: Obstacles of 2022: The Nine of Swords

• collective trauma, guilt, and shame
  • hiding away and regretting our decisions

Putting it together…

Okay! :clap: This bodes much better than the previous few months of readings. I will admit that I have never really connected with The Chariot. Over all my years of reading tarot, it is one of the cards that I see and just shrug my shoulders at. It is my meh card. Putting it together with the three more cards I pulled, I find myself overly optimistic for the month of November. The Chariot is about going with the flow and having the confidence to follow where the path takes you. The determination we have that is encompassed in the lions that drive The Chariot can get out of control, though.

However, with the three cards I pulled, I do not feel like this will be an issue. Instead, I feel like we are just adding fuel to our confidence that we are heading in the right direction. Whatever challenges you face this next month, whatever situations arise for you, face them with confidence. It will be a happy, successful, and optimistic month full of new life, new ideas, and inspiration! I for one and going to embrace this.

What do you think? Do you have any insight to share from the collective reading? And how do you think November is going to go?

If you want to do your own reading for the new month, you can find the current infographic below. I also have a blog post that goes into more detail about each card in the layout. You can find that post by clicking here.

6 Likes

I love :heart: your card :tarot_card: readings @MeganB
They are always so accurate!
:pray: Thank you!

3 Likes

I’m pretty new with all the tarot stuff, and I don’t feel any connection with my deck yet. Can I use this spread with other divination methods, like an oracle deck or runes?

2 Likes

Hahaha I love this- I’m going to have to go through my deck and pull out all my meh cards to see what they are :laughing: :+1:

I’ve always liked the Chariot, although that may be more so because it always has cool artwork and less about the actually energy of the card lol. Either way, it seems like the Chariot paired with the three guidance cards have some good news about November! :star_struck:

I am happy to see the Ten of Cups, The Sun, and the Ace of Wands here- this is one uplifting pull! Thanks so much for your great readings and how you always break things down so beautifully @MeganB- I look forward to these Check-Ins! :heart:

Blessed be, and wishing everyone a happy November! :sparkles:

3 Likes

Thank you @marsha :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I appreciate that!

@SpanishWitchy – I’m sure you could use this spread with any other divination method. You might just have to adjust it a bit to make it work for whatever you’re using if they aren’t cards :blush:

@BryWisteria – I never really thought about my meh card until pulling The Chariot :joy: it’s just one card I don’t connect with. I’m hoping that all of these cards that I pulled for the check-in mean that November is going to be amazing! :heart: I mean, my birthday is next month so it’s gotta be at least a little good, right? :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Yes! :raised_hands: I hope there are plenty of wonderful things in store for you during your bday month :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

So mote it be! :partying_face:

3 Likes

Thanks Megan got the Spread, I am going to try to make some time this month to see what’s ahead! When I get home I’ll pull out a deck and then share with you all if that’s okay with you? Honestly this will be good practice! So thank you :blush:!
Jeannie

4 Likes

You’re welcome!

And that’s totally okay – I can’t wait to see your reading! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

This is wonderful! I definitely need some optimism! The last few months have been something else in our house! I am ready to welcome in all the positivity we can get!

4 Likes

You and me both, Ailey! :clap:

3 Likes

Cheers to that! :heart: I hope November is a month abundant with positivity for you and your family- so mote it be! :sparkles:

4 Likes