Oceans, Lakes, Baths, and Dreams: Sights & Sounds

great photos!!! :two_hearts:
so peaceful!
I would like to be there! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

12 Likes

Stunning. You could do a brochure for Australia Tourist Board :kangaroo: :sparkling_heart:

12 Likes

Woahh!! Its so freaking gorgeous, I live in a desert state in India And never had a chance to visit an ocean. But I might have a chance this summer breaks

12 Likes

I continue to wait for the day they’ll launch smell-o-vision or whatever digital means we can share smells online :laughing:

giphy-3371454730
Giphy

(Hopefully someday soon!)

Woohooo! Goodness I just want to jump right through the screen to be in these places. They look amazing! :beach_umbrella: :sparkles:

Seconding! Katerina for Australia Travel Ambassador 2024! :partying_face:

I hope you’re able to go visit the ocean, Kiash- it’s a wonderful experience! Have safe travels on your summer break :beach_umbrella: :blush:

10 Likes

I looovveee the Better Sleep app! :clap: :heart:

I’ve always loved the water - this is a great exploration of your experiences with water and swimming. It’s beautiful! :heart:

Ohhh I’m so excited for this! :clap: It’s too cold to swim right now, but I can’t wait to go swimming in the lakes up here. I’ll have to send you a message for recommendations :joy: I don’t know where places are here yet!

11 Likes

Willl work on taking some pictures of the trees this weekend and making a new thread,
It is gonna be sunny for thr next two days :sunglasses: before 5 more days of rain

11 Likes

I’m coming too! I’m like @georgia I prefer the fresh water and waterfalls. The beaches there are breathtaking, but I’m not fond of sand or big bodies of water! My skin doesn’t like the sun!

11 Likes

Nice! :black_heart: Any idea where you might want to visit?

I almost ended up in Kochi, Kerala a few years ago for work. But sadly, they cancelled the trip shortly after. And then COVID happened, so maybe it was good that I didn’t get stuck overseas. :sweat_smile:

Me, too. :laughing:

Many of them are hours from any city. Being able to teleport back would be so good. When everyone’s tired and icky from being outside all day… :sweat_smile:

Any recommendations for sounds or mixes? There are so many that I feel like it would take me a whole year to get through them all. :laughing:

Yay! :partying_face:

It was actually sunny yesterday and today here, but I’m stuck at home waiting for the electrician to show up both days. :unamused: Something just doesn’t want to allow me to go outside. :laughing:

Same. The sand is uncomfortable and, to quote Anakin Skywalker, “gets everywhere.”

[https://www.instagram.com/memeswithdooku/]

I used to have a “nice natural tan,” but the older I get, the more I just turn into a vampire/ghost, so the sun and I aren’t really friends anymore, to say the least. :laughing:

On the other hand… In two states – Queensland and the Northern Territory, I think – would be where I’d be wondering about crocodiles. South Australia and Western Australia, I’d be thinking about open-water sharks. :sweat_smile:

In New South Wales and Queensland, I’d be thinking about bull sharks, which are some of the most aggressive and have the wonderful ability to swim from salt water upstream into fresh water for kilometres and be completely happy about it. I’ve heard stories passed down of these sharks in canals and rivers attacking horses. :grimacing:

11 Likes

My Aunty lives in Australia, Queensland. But she spent alot of time in a small town in the bush (I think that’s what she called it). Can’t remember the towns name. :green_heart: Anyways, there were a few house rules which, hilarious to me, but horrified my mother. :flushed:

1. check under the toilet seat before you sit down for the funnel web spider. :spider:
  2. don’t walk barefoot on the lawn, there’s snakes, poisonous toads etc :snake::frog:
  3. don’t ever open the window screen, it keeps the critters out. :bug:
  4. always put the toaster on, and run one cycle before you put the bread in. It fries the roaches and pops them out as they crawl in overnight. :cricket:
  5. always wear a hat when walking through the bush, it protects from the snakes that drop out the trees aswell as the sun. :snake:

Needless to say, my mum wore shoes and a hat 24/7, never ate toast, hovered over the toilet, and nearly had a heart attack when she forgot rule no: 3 and a huge wolf spider jumped through the window and landed in her bowl of washing up water. I don’t know who was more upset, my mother or the poor spider who was spitting bubbles.

I love Australia :rofl::sparkling_heart:

9 Likes

:scream:

That list is wild! Such Queensland things. :laughing:

2 and 3 work here, though. No snakes or toads, but on a moist night, there’ll be slugs, snails, and whatever else. If you’re not in an apartment a few floors up, keeping the window screens closed at all times is good. Flies, mosquitoes in summer, beetles, cockroaches… Too many things want to come to share space with us. Although, one of our friends came over yesterday and was telling us that they saw a cockroach get in the lift/elevator and go up a few floors, so… Gotta protect the front door, too? :laughing:

If I had to worry about roaches in my appliances, I think I’d be moving. :laughing:

10 Likes

They’re learning the modern ways. :rofl:

My mum has visited only three times, in her life and she’s 77. My aunty came over here last year for 3 months and mum was like, don’t you want to stay. But lol aunty loves her critters. She told us a story where she went to see her medium friend who lived by a river, and she always kept the front and backdoor open during the day. When aunty was there, a crocodile just walked through the house, totally ignored them. Her friend said, just be quiet and you’ll be fine, they do this all time, hence the doors open in the day. :flushed::rofl:

11 Likes

Even spiders try to hide from the bad press. I thought this little guy was cute :sparkling_heart:

11 Likes

That’s pretty cool. Like, I would totally brag about that online if it happened to me. :laughing: Bwahahaha~

Oh, I have this GIF saved on my computer! :laughing: We renamed the file to be a (CW: drugs) cocaine joke. :face_with_peeking_eye:

9 Likes

@starborn That’s funny, I totally get that joke. I’m seeing that spider in a different light now :rofl::joy:

11 Likes

Yep, 'tis a naughty spider now. :laughing: We named it “Follower of Slaanesh,” who is a Chaos God of “pleasure, pain, hedonism, excess, perfection and decadence.”

11 Likes

i will be going to gujrat and maharastra and then andaman and nicobar island i am so freaking excited for the islands because gujrat and mahastra have high tourism which causes it to be crowdy and dirty but the island have less tourism and are clean
kochi is a nice place to visit but my parents have already visited it before my birth so they will not be going their again :sweat_smile:

11 Likes

That sounds wild… I admire you for just being able to giggle at all that :joy: I’d probably be a nervous wreck like your poor mother, though definitely remembering not to open those screens! :sweat_smile:

Or, it would be good CBT for me and I’d miss all the life around me when I got back home :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

That’s a relief :joy:
Snakes and toads are cute, but if I had to worry about their poison… :sweat_smile:

Okay, this is pretty funny :laughing:

And this is kinda sweet :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Now that’s something I’ve built my life around I can understand! :joy: :black_heart:

My tantra coach used to travel to Kerala pre-COVID to stay with Amma in her ashram :blush: One piece of advice she had was never to go in summertime, as it gets ridiculously hot and humid… :sweat_smile:

10 Likes

Sounds like it’ll be great! :black_heart: Tourist crowds and their resulting messiness ruins so much. :slightly_frowning_face:

Just don’t leave the heavily populated parts of the main cities. The brown snake is in this state. :laughing:

It is considered the world’s second-most venomous land snake after the inland taipan. - Eastern brown snake - Wikipedia

We used to find little frogs in our backyard. That was cute. Nothing poisonous about those.

11 Likes

Now that’s a major nope rope :laughing: :snake:

I’d have many reasons to stay close to you :smile_cat:

Awww~ :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

10 Likes

I didn’t bother looking up the inland taipan until just now…

[Inland taipan - Wikipedia]

the venom of the inland taipan is by far the most toxic of any snake – much more so than even that of sea snakes – and it has the most toxic venom of any reptile

Now I remember why we have such a reputation for everything in nature trying to kill everyone here. :laughing:

These snakes are so beautiful, though…

The lovely colouring on them. Sometimes metallic. Often subtle. :black_heart:

10 Likes