Offerings for Minerva

Hi Everyone,

I’ve started working with Minerva and Persephone recently, and I’m struggling to find anything online that gives suggestions for offerings for Minerva. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks!

7 Likes

I don’t know much about Minerva but I did find this for you:

“Suitable offerings to Minerva include olives, silver gifts, skilled needlework and almost certainly any work of art made by means of skilled workmanship.” Minerva

I added the link because maybe there is some other information for you from that page. I hope this was helpful!

I work with Brigid and I have a statue and a Brigid’s Cross that I made, plus a necklace with the Claddagh symbol & her cross on it made out of silver. I love to wear that necklace when I don’t have something else on.

6 Likes

So I know Minerva is not Greek, but Her stories very closely mirror that of Athena. Maybe start there and see what Athena would be given as offerings. As far as I can tell, the myths of the two deities are almost identical besides the names.

7 Likes

Thank you!

6 Likes

Thank you so much!

6 Likes

You are very welcome. I hope it helps!

6 Likes

Those are all good ideas! Crafting something yourself is probably the best option!

But if you don’t have the time or resources, offer a libation such as olive oil or wine. Then chant a prayer, ask for her guidance, or simply say thanks.

Other good offerings would be bread, cakes, or olives.

6 Likes