Oh crap I suck at introductions

Oh hey how’s it going? I thought I should take a couple minutes here to introduce myself even though it’s completely out of my comfort zone. My name is Marie located in Canada, young mom and a recovering addict. Im new to all of this I had stumbled across some videos after a dream I had one night and I took it as a sign that I should follow and see where this takes me. I have a couple friends that have been journeying through.
I have been all about crystals so that’s where I have been focusing but again it’s all new too me and we’ll I’m myselfs biggest hater I guess you could say. I don’t know. I always think whatever I do could have been done way better or was totally wrong. And will constantly put myself down. I’m trying to learn to love myself again and come to peace and be at peace with the past and present.

Thanks for reading and sorry for taking up your time.
Wishing you all love and happiness.

‘ Marie D

12 Likes

Hi @Mariedawn. Welcome to the group. I’m new too. Thank you for coming out of your comfort zone. You’ll find out that it will be in your best interest here. I understand what you mean to be your worst inner critic. It’s easy to get sucked in. It takes work. It’s okay. We are here for you.

6 Likes

Welcome @Mariedawn, you did a great job getting out of your comfort zone! I agree with @Love_and_light! So there’s something to be proud of, introductions can always be a little intimidating. I’m Siofra_Strega from Cape Cod. I have 3 kids ranging from 13 (girl) - 20 (boy) - 23 (boy). {Technically my boys are adults, but they are still going to be my babies :rofl:}

You’ve come to the right place if you are all new to this because the site itself is loaded with great information for you to branch off from through the courses & of course searching the forum or asking any questions is a great way to learn too!

I have been in love with crystals since my mom got my first Tiger’s Eye stone! Since then, I had left my practice for about 25 years & came back to it 2 years ago through the site. I branched out & take Crystal Healing courses to be certified through a school & from there learned about Chakras & now, I’m working on my Chakras :laughing:

However, I am an Eclectic practitioner. I draw from Celtic :triskele: Paganism, Irish Paganism, I work with the Celtic :triquetra: Pantheon, Crystals, Fresh Incense, Herbs :herb:/Plants :seedling:, I enjoy divination with tarot cards, oracle cards, dowsing, & runes. The list goes on really, my practice is a bit chaotic, but has settled down immensely over the last year or so.

If anyone is their worst critic, it’s me :joy: I’m awful, but at this point the forum/site is part of my comfort zone because of the people within it. Everyone is very friendly & supportive of your journey, wherever it may take you.

Please feel free to ask any questions, comment on any open topic, or start your own! :hugs:

7 Likes

Merry meet @Mariedawn,

That was an awesome introduction- thank you so much for taking the time to introduce yourself! It is both an honor and a pleasure to meet you :blush:

Learning to love yourself is a journey with many ups and downs, but it is perhaps the most important journey of all to take. And by recognizing where you want to be and making that first initial effort- you are already well on your way, Marie. Congrats to you! :heart:

As an added bonus, the Craft is a fantastic way to help find yourself and gain self-confidence. I hope that your magickal journey goes hand-in-hand with your mission of finding and accepting yourself! :blush:

Please make yourself at home here in the forum and don’t hesitate to reach out if you have any questions- your coven is a friendly place, and folks here are always happy to help (or even just chat!) :infinite_roots: :two_hearts:

Looking forward to talking with you more soon- Blessed be! :sparkles:

5 Likes

Hi @Mariedawn! Welcome to the forum! It seems like you’ve found where you need to be! And check you out, already stepping out of your comfort zone… that takes courage and I’m willing to bet you are full of it!

I’m Ailey, I live in Georgia. I’m a mom… I have 4 kids, the oldest is 20 (my bonus baby) and my youngest is 3! The others are 13 and 8. All boys. Our days are definitely pretty busy.

I’m pretty new on this journey too and I love coming to the forum to learn daily. This place is pretty special and I am so glad you e found your way here! I’m looking forward to getting to know you!

6 Likes

Merry meet @Mariedawn! As an introvert, I understand the awkwardness of introductions. You did an excellent job so be proud! And do not apologize for taking up space. We are all here to support one another and it’s an honor to meet each and everyone of the coven members.

I’ve always been drawn to crystals as well and have quite a collection! I’m also slightly OCD and have them stored in boxes that are numbered and have an inventory of where each type is stored. :rofl::rofl::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I have MDD, GAD, and ADHD, which is quite the fun rollercoaster ride, and have found that shadow work is a must to understand my darker side so I can grow into who I’m supposed to be. There are tons of great resources available but I would recommend any that have journaling involved. There is just something about writing out your thoughts and emotions.

I myself am an eclectic green witch in Houston, TX. Happily married for 20 years with no kids, unless you count fur-children :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::joy:, and own my own cybersecurity consulting business. My mother began practicing when I was a teenager, and while I was drawn to it myself, I had to be the annoying rebellious kid that didn’t want to be like my mom so I ignored my calling until about 2 years ago. I haven’t looked back and am so much happier.

Anyway, welcome to our family! Ask all the questions - someone will be able to help!

6 Likes

Hi @Mariedawn! I’m Amethyst from Southern West Virginia here in the States. Welcome to the forum! :infinite_roots:

You’ve done well coming forward, and that first step is the hardest! I hope you find yourself comfortable enough to continue commenting.

There are some great crystal people on-site, great people altogether so if you have any questions feel free to ask and one of us will try to help you. But I’m gonna let you in on a little witchy secret. Only you can do your brand of magic, so that means whatever you do that feels right, is right. No second-guessing or putting yourself down.

It’s all about intent and imagination. There is never going to be another @Mariedawn on site like you, so why should your magic be like mine? You can do this. I believe in you.

Good luck, and have some fun while you’re here!

6 Likes

Merry meet and welcome home :infinite_roots: @Mariedawn

Everyone is really friendly here, so you are in the right place! There’s lots of great information here too. If you have any questions, just ask, Q&A

I’ve also had problems with hating myself, depression, no self-esteem, etc. I’m still trying to be at peace with my past :cry: it’s a work in progress. I’m always working on loving myself just the way I am.

No need to apologize, Dawn, it’s lovely to have you here and I’m looking forward to getting to know you better.

With love :heart: and magick :dizzy:
Marsha

5 Likes

@MarieDawn
First off Dawn, Don’t be so hard on yourself. Each of us has walked in your shoes and understand.
Here sweet girl we offer love and understanding. I came here as a seeker of knowledge and like a sponge I’ve absorbs a lot. I’ve back slid and had to start again but that’s life, isn’t it.
I have a few suggestions to make the site easier. (although others will be better at describing it.) But one thing is a given. Our learned creator, designer, Francisco, an eclectic is brilliant and always there to help out.
This is my 7 part beginner plan (there’s so much more, but this is a good start.)
1st the search is where you can find almost anything you’re looking for.
2nd Don’t shy away from Q&A section, it often answers questions before you think of them.
3rd Start your courses, they are very instructive and often entertaining. You can have video lessons as well as written.
4th At the top of this page there are 5 boxes, each is informative and helpful.
5th RELAX! It may seem overwhelming, and it can be, but one of the lessons you’ll learn is meditation…oh so helpful!
6th Please visit us on FORUM, we not only love questions, but to get to know each other, well, with kindness and respect.
7th Here’s the fun part, sit back, get a cup of something warm to drink. Put your feet up and join us in learning the practice of Magick. Plus you can make some amazing friends.
Blessed be
Garnet

7 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.