Old books and wisdom

I knew this lovely old woman doctor and about 1969 she shared with me an old country recipe for Hemorrhoid Treatment.

She’s long gone but her wisdom continues.

Start by treating your hemorrhoids to a sitz bath
(essentially sit in a tub of hot water for 15-20 minutes.

Dry yourself well and apply this treatment.
Homemade hemorrhoid relief. (So Simple!)
ingredients
50% glycerin
50% Witch Hazel
Pour in a clean jar, cover and shake. Then Fill jar with cotton balls and recap. That’s all!
How to use?
At first sign of pain squeeze out 1-2 cotton balls and apply to affected area. Soothing should be quite fast. Use as needed. For an instant feel-better, keep in refrigerator.

A big Thank you to the late Dr. Ruth Knoblock.
I miss you Doc.

Blessings
Garnet
Note .Glycerin is a lubricant and Witch Hazel and astringent. Shelf life about a year.
Do not swallow, for topical use only. Keep it away from the kids.

10 Likes

Don’t mind me just jotting this one down… hemorrhoids are the worst!

A huge thank you to @Garnet and the late Dr. Knoblock- thank you both for this very helpful recipe. You don’t know how much you need to have a hemorrhoid treatment nearby until it’s too late! :sweat_smile:

Much love and blessed be! :sparkles:

6 Likes

Oh man! This is great! I just used something similar, but added some diluted lavender and tea tree oil. It worked well, but I know lavender and tea tree aren’t everyone’s cup of tea!

7 Likes

Ive made this before. It works mircales

5 Likes

You could probably use this on excoriations of any kind.
Diaper rash, burns around anus from diarrhea and for those of use with…um…larger thighs, the sometimes painful rub of one inner thigh against the other). [It’s like a miracle after labor and delivery! Because nothing
this big 0 comes out of something this small o, Without hurting A-LOT~]
I Thank Dr. Ruth all the time.
Garnet
Ever heard of 'Old time Religion"? How about
’Old time remedies.'
Hemorrhoid Treatment. (from Dr. Ruth Knoblock M.D., Little Valley, N.Y.)

1. Start by treating your hemorrhoids to a sitz bath (poor sore babies.)
    (essentially sit in a tub of hot water for 15-20 minutes.
  2. Dry yourself well and apply this treatment.
  3. Homemade hemorrhoid relief. (So Simple!)
    ingredients
    50% glycerin
    50% Witch Hazel
    Pour in a clean jar, cover and shake. Then Fill jar with cotton balls and recap. That’s all!
  4. How to use?
    At first sign of pain or urine burns, squeeze out 1-2 cotton balls and apply to affected area. Soothing should be quite fast. Use as needed. For an instant feel-better, keep in refrigerator.
    This really works!

ANY RECIPES AND OR SPELLS ARE FREELY GIVEN TO ANYONE WHO WOULD LIKE THEM.

7 Likes

@Garnet Thank you for sharing this . Thank you to the Late Dr Ruth Knoblock for this easy remedy.

6 Likes

You’re my hero, Garnet! :raised_hands: :laughing: :heart:

For those of us with thunder thighs, I found applying a little deodorant/anti-perspirant where your thighs rub together can make a huge difference on a shorts day :shorts:

That being said, I don’t always remember to do so- so it is awesome to have a remedy on hand to help with any painful skin rash.

Thanks again, Garnet (and Dr. Ruth)! :pray: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

This is going to sound really, off for me, but I raised 2 teenage boys & have a teenage daughter. I remember (also kind of embarrassing, but funny none the less) that I was “hiding” in the bathroom of sorts. I was sitting & one of the kids knocked at the door but it startled me so I dropped my phone… Without a hesitation I moved my legs so my thighs were touching & caught the phone between them. (Btw the lid was closed, I was hiding from my kids for 5 minutes :rofl:) As I was doing that, I said, “You can come in.” My daughter dead straight faced looked at me & said… there is no way that you could have done that with a thigh gap. Great job mom, I’ll wait." Then she walked out of the room.

So then I saw my middle son later that day & was like… so… what’s a thigh gap…

My goodness… I didn’t realize that was a trending thing at the time. I don’t know if it is still a thing, but I can’t imagine purposely altering my eating habits so when I sit my upper legs/thighs don’t touch each other & it creates a gap. The goal was to have the largest “thigh” gap :flushed: The girls seemed so young to want to do such a thing, but teenagers, hormones, & suggestions have their own way of taking off in unparalleled directions.

3 Likes