Omg the wildlife in Australia

Hi everyone, so here is yet again another pic from my daily walk on the bike trail. We (my husband and I) decided to walk an extra 2.5 kms each way and we saw this:

A mummy and her baby Joey among four other kangaroos. The male however took a stance and puffed out his chest he looked like he was ready for a fight but we made sure to keep our distance😊

19 Likes

Darn it, I can hardly see a fricken raccoon out my window, I’m lucky to see squirrels and you get kangaroos! Not fair! LOL!

8 Likes

Sooo Cute!!! :heart: :heart: :heart:

:butterfly:

9 Likes

Thanks for sharing! So cute!

7 Likes

That is soooooo awesome! I love going camping and being able to see more animals out and about. Here at home I’m lucky if I see a squirrel lol

7 Likes

I envy you! I am so glad you shared I love animals :heart_eyes_cat:! I never saw a Kangaroo :kangaroo: close up! You really got a great pic and close enough I would say!
You live in Australia :australia: ow what a beautiful place!
Jeannie

7 Likes

I see squirrels and birds on my walks…I am so jealous! The diversity of the wildlife there is astounding! I would love to go there just to see the wildlife!

8 Likes

I’m going to echo everyone else- gosh, the most exciting thing I see on walks around here are the turkeys :turkey: :joy: Kangaroos are co cool! :kangaroo: :star_struck:

And look at that cute little guy in his momma’s pouch- adorable! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

You really are blessed with wildlife there, @TheMuslimWitch- thanks for sharing! :heart:

6 Likes

@TheMuslimWitch that is amazing! :star_struck: I am in awe of you being able to see such wonderful animals pn a walk with your husband! Truly an amazing sight for sure :revolving_hearts:

7 Likes

Awe that’s so cute and cool! We mostly have squirrels lol

7 Likes

Oh my gosh, how cute!! I mean, they’re cute from far away :laughing: I’ve seen a kangaroo up close and they’re kind of scary lol

7 Likes

That is so amazing! :heart_eyes:

We spend a lot of time learning about Australian animals in our house after watching Crikey and it would be so cool (and terrifying!) to see them up close.

7 Likes

Its great but also other wildlife like snakes and dangerous spiders are common too… :blush:

6 Likes

Oh i always wanted to see a squirrel up close! We aren’t even allowed hamsters here let alone squirrels We are left with guinea pigs :blush:

6 Likes

Well they will fight you if they have to and if the hit you with their tail you are out like a light lol. They are very strong and the males have a body of a body builder lol :laughing:

6 Likes

Oh wow, really?! Why is that? Why aren’t you allowed hamsters? Guinea pigs are cuties too :blush::sparkling_heart:

6 Likes

I saw that video on the internet of a kangaroo with a guys dog in a headlock, and this guy ran up to the kangaroo and punched it to free his dog. It worked. The kangaroo was dazed. It was funny but not. Kangaroos are very built and strong like you said @TheMuslimWitch

6 Likes

That’s amazing! Thanks for sharing! We have lots of white tailed deer, opossums, armadillo, skunks, foxes, coyote… we’ve seen bear tracks (but no bear) and had a bobcat on our deck a few years ago. We get bunnies in the yard, and a myriad of birds (including hawks and vultures), turtles and frogs… but definitely no kangies! Our world is just stunning!

7 Likes

Oh that’s really cool. Where do you live if you don’t mind me asking?

6 Likes

In the piedmont of Georgia… lots of woodland!

7 Likes