Oracle books 📚

I was in TK Maxx today buying sugar free vanilla coffee syrup (as you do) :yum: :coffee:
and I came across this book. :eye: :books:

Daily Oracle by Jerico Mandybur
Now, I’m only just starting with tarot cards :sweat_smile: so I know I shouldn’t be taking on any more… but one thing led to another… and I bought the book :shushing_face: it’s pink and it sparkles :woman_shrugging:t3:

First impressions: Good.
Flicked through opening random pages with no questions in mind and nothing made sense - fair enough. :ok_hand:t3: nice pictures here and there.
Took a few deep breaths with eyes shut, asked ‘Are my spells actually working?’ brushed through the pages a few times, landed on a page and opened my eyes.

Put the book down and it flicked through a few more pages on its own (as books do sometimes) and landed here.

The two join together rather beautifully and give a lovely clear answer…
I like.

Has anyone else used oracle books? Which ones? What do you think of them? How do you use them?

7 Likes

I’ve never seen the like! You’ve got a real find. That looks interesting.

5 Likes

Great find!! Jerico Mandybur also has an Instagram page and is an advocate of self-care and Magic!! :sparkles:

I knew someone who had an Oracle book and would go out to find random people and read them their oracle! (if they wanted)

I think they’re great for group settings since the reading is so short, you can go around quickly and work a bit with each individual.

6 Likes

:astonished: I have never heard of oracle books!!! I must find one! It would be like the magic 8 ball I had as a kid! Thank you for sharing this!

6 Likes

I’ve heard of Oracle cards but never an Oracle book- this is an awesome find, @LimeBerry! :heart_eyes: Good old TK Maxx has many treasures :laughing: Thanks for sharing! :two_hearts:

6 Likes

All the best mugs Mug appreciation - A giant cup of positiviTEA (or coffee, sorry Pam)☕ and notebooks come from TK Maxx :rofl:

6 Likes

I’m need to buy one now! Oracle books sound fun and easy! Thanks for sharing this with us :heartbeat:

6 Likes

I found it on Amazon and have put it on my years long wish list! It looks interesting.

6 Likes

Yes, I don’t know how other people use them but from what I’ve seen, the querent picks a number from 1-200 (or as many pages as the book has).

Or you could use a birthday, favorite number, special date and reduce it to a number in that range. Then you find the page that matches that number and read the oracle.

5 Likes

Ok that sounds interesting! Id love to get my hands on some now!

4 Likes

Ooh that sounds interesting!
This one doesn’t have page numbers it’s just a flick through and stop when it feels right kinda book. It’s given me a couple of interesting readings actually!

3 Likes

Tk Maxx is literally my favourite shop in the world :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::earth_africa: I could spend hours in there :heart:

3 Likes

Right?! Omg. Hours. :joy: :joy: :joy:

3 Likes

The practice is called Bibliomancy and it was typically done with a bible.

According to the wikipedia entry on Bibliomancy, the method was:

1. A book is picked that is believed to hold truth.
  2. It is balanced on its spine and allowed to fall open.
  3. A passage is picked, with the eyes closed.

Other books were the Iliad and Odyssey, the Quran, the I Ching, or a random book from the library.

There are some modern-day oracle books such as the one Limeberry found.

It can be a fun way to practice divinations, or just to get daily wisdom from books.

5 Likes

That’s quite interesting! Thanks for the links!

3 Likes

You’re very welcome!!

2 Likes

Thank you @Limeberry I just got my Daily Oracle in the mail yesterday. It’s Interesting to see what message I get. My daughter liked it too. :blush: Today I’m going to use it by choosing a number of the page I believe that @Francisco mentions that.

4 Likes

I just tried and there aren’t any numbers :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

LOL that’s not very convenient! :rofl:

You can still add numbers by hand, or just choose at random. How did you end up doing it?

3 Likes

Oh haha I did say

:sweat_smile: d’oh!
I guess you can add your own as @Francisco suggested?
I like the randomness of closing your eyes and flicking back and forth through the pages (or running a nail along the edge of the book) though :heart: the way it’s put together it has a wonderful tendency to flick pages on it’s own- and it never seems to land in the same place!

5 Likes