Orphic Hymn of Home

“Mighty Hestia, daughter of Saturn, queen, who hast the middle house of eternal maximum fire, raise up in these rites the faithful mystics, setting forth the evergreens, many-loving, free-spirited & pure. House of the blessed gods, mighty support of mortals, self-made, multi-faceted, most beautiful, grass-like. I mediate, blessed ones, willingly accept these holy ones, inspiring salvo and gentle health.”
Ἑστία εὐδυνάτοιο Κρόνου θύγατερ βασίλεια, ἣ μέσον οἶκον ἔχεις πυρὸς ἀενάοιο, μεγίστου, τούσδε σὺ ἐν τελεταῖς ὁσίους μύστας ἀναδείξαις, θεῖσ᾽ αἰειθαλέας, πολυόλβους, εὔφρονας, ἁγνούς· οἶκε θεῶν μακάρων, θνητῶν στήριγμα κραταιόν, ἀιδίη, πολύμορφε, ποθεινοτάτη, χλοόμορφε· μειδιόωσα, μάκαιρα, τάδ᾽ ἱερὰ δέξο προθύμως, ὄλβον ἐπιπνείουσα καὶ ἠπιόχειρον ὑγείαν.
Ε

7 Likes

Beautiful!

6 Likes

This is lively @AIRAM! Thank you for sharing! :two_hearts:

5 Likes

For some reason I’ve been noticing a lot about Hestia (Vesta) lately- I often think of Her in relation to the colder months (when families are at home and the fire in the hearth is essential), but with Her associations with fire, I realize She is a deity of summer too! :sun::fire:

This is a beautiful hymn, @Airam, and I really enjoyed reading it- thank you so much for sharing! :heart::pray:

6 Likes