3/4 cup honey
3/4 cup granulated sugar
2 egg whites
OR
1 whole egg
1/4 cup skim milk
3 tablespoons canola oil
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
3 cups uncooked oats (quick-cooking type)
1 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup golden raisins
1/2 cup chopped dry roasted peanuts (optional)

Directions:

In a large bowl, beat together the peanut butter, honey, and sugar till creamy. Beat in egg, milk, vanilla, and oil (or shortening) and mix well. Combine the oats, flour, and baking soda separately, then add to the peanut butter mixture. Mix well; stir in raisins and peanuts. Chill dough for at least 30 minutes.

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Drop chilled dough by rounded tablespoonsful onto ungreased cookie sheets. Bake for 7-9 minutes or until light golden brown. (I baked mine for about 10-12 minutes; I think it was due to the shortening rather than canola oil.) Remove to a wire rack and cool completely. Store tightly covered at room temperature or wrap airtight and freeze.

Recipe courtesy of CDKitchen.com

13 Likes

Yummy in my tummy

10 Likes

Very nice :yum:

10 Likes

@Amethyst :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy:

8 Likes

Yummmmm! :yum: I love peanut butter! :cookie:

10 Likes

Oh 2 of my favorites in 1 cookie :cookie:

9 Likes

Now you just need to make Cookie Monster noises! LOL!

I thought these would make for a nice offering for some deity. Glad you liked it!

Thanks, hon! Glad you liked it!

Me too! I can sit and eat it with a spoon!

Glad you liked it, love!

Hugs!

9 Likes

These sound amazing! And I’m only able to eat soft foods, cookies are soft right?

Thank you for this recipe! I have bookmarked it. :purple_heart::purple_heart::purple_heart:

8 Likes

I don’t know if they some out soft, but I bet they’d be good dunked in milk and that would make them soft!

Glad you like the recipe!

7 Likes