Pecan Pie Brownies

Guess what I saw the other day? A cookie-cutter of a dumpster fire! The perfect cookie-cutter for 2020!

Here, have something chocolatey and nutty!

Pecan Pie Brownies

Ingredients:

Brownie Batter

1/2 cup unsalted butter
2 cups chocolate chips
3/4 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup granulated sugar
4 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 cup all-purpose flour

Pecan Pie Topping

1 cup brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 cup melted butter
1/2 teaspoon bourbon (optional)
3 cups chopped pecans

Directions:

Step 1

Preheat oven to 325°F. Grease a 9- x- 13-inch metal baking pan with cooking spray and line the bottom with parchment paper; set aside.

Step 2

Make Brownie Batter: Melt butter in a saucepan over medium-high. When butter begins to boil, remove from heat and add chocolate chips, stirring once to coat. Allow to sit for 5 minutes before whisking together until fully combined. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together brown sugar, granulated sugar, eggs, vanilla, and salt. Add chocolate mixture and whisk to combine. Sift cocoa powder and flour into wet ingredients and gently stir until fully incorporated. Pour batter into prepared pan and bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 35 minutes.

Step 3

Make Pecan Pie Topping: While brownies are baking, whisk together brown sugar, eggs, vanilla, salt, and melted butter until everything is well combined and the sugar is dissolved. Stir in pecans and set aside.

Step 4

Once the brownies are baked through, pour the pecan mixture overtop the brownies and spread evenly with a spoon. Return to the oven until the Pecan Pie Topping is set, about 25 minutes. Allow to cool completely before slicing.

As for me, I’m going grocery shopping the day before Christmas Eve. Wish me luck!

4 Likes

Oh my gosh it’s perfect :joy: Glad to see people’s humor survived the year- good bye dumpster fire 2020 :wave::laughing:

Ahhhh I also did another shopping run yesterday- it was a free for all! :scream: I had to go to two stores before the first one was out of some of the things I needed. I hope you had more luck than I did, Kasie! Fingers crossed it was a good and successful shop for you :crossed_fingers:

Thanks for the recipe- brownies are a fave! :chocolate_bar::two_hearts:

2 Likes

I got most of what I needed and found a substitute for what they didn’t have. I’m glad I got my holiday dessert earlier in the month, they were out! I would have pouted. Not a one pie in the dessert case!

Glad you like the brownie recipe! It looked good to me!

2 Likes

Brownies are a favorite here too! Maybe we’ll try these for New Year’s snacks! Thank you @Amethyst

2 Likes

You’re welcome @Susurrus! I just keep temping you, don’t I?

2 Likes

You really do! I don’t mind though.

2 Likes

Good! LOL.

2 Likes

Thanks for the share. Adding to next weeks munchie menu

3 Likes

You’re welcome! I hope they turn out well!

2 Likes

My husband likes the pecans, so maybe I will just put the sauce on his lol

2 Likes

I can just imagine him eating the top of all the brownies! LOL.

2 Likes

I feel like that is definitely something that will happen, so should I catch him in the act, I will take a picture for you!

3 Likes

I’d love to see it!

3 Likes

They were so good. Thanks again for the recipe.

2 Likes

Ohhh wow- those look delicious, @Cinnamonoob! :drooling_face::two_hearts: Enjoy!

1 Like

OOH, you made them! That’s great! I’m so glad they were good! :drooling_face:

1 Like