Persephone

In Greek Mythology, Persephone is the daughter of Demeter who was captured by Hades and brought to the underworld. He eventually releases her but because she has eaten the pomegranate seeds in the underworld, she must live half the year with Hades.

Persephone represents the gentler side of the feminine. She also represents the dead, especially during the winter months, while in the summer months she is optimistic and child-like as she lives above ground.

Many witches choose to work with Persephone as one of the dark goddesses in order to learn about communication with the dead. She is known to be very strict but she does have a motherly side once you have passed her tests. Ultimately, she is much stronger than many myths make her out to be.

Sometimes, witches are drawn to Persephone because she has a wound relating to personal power. She is always trapped in between her mother and Hades. However; according to some, she has managed to create her own life in this purgatory and work with the spirits of the dead in a personal way.

Persephone is the mediumistic mystic, the serene wife, the joyful daughter and the ultimate symbol of springs rebirth. She is withdrawn with people she doesn’t know but can be friendly and warm with those she is close to.

Persephone enjoys offerings of pomegranates, pomegranate juice, honey, floral tea, flowers, floral scented incense (especially lily or willow tree), dark chocolate, butterfly and bird figurines, flower Crowns, black onyx and jewellery.

Source

17 Likes

Whoot! I said I needed an offering and here you have given me an idea for Persephone! Thank you so much for this information!

11 Likes

Some useful information about a truly lovely goddess :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: And Persephone is an especially nice deity to work with at this time of year as the season begins to change into spring! :seedling: :egg: :sparkles:

Thank you so much for sharing this information about Persephone, @AIRAM! Blessed be! :heart:

9 Likes

Thank you for this information!

9 Likes

@AIRAM
It happens way too often when sons or daughters-in-law just don’t get along with their inlaws. If you’ve ever watched the original Dr. Doolittle, there was an animal called the ‘push me, pull you’ and that was how I felt when my mom and husband argued. I can’t tell you the number of times I just got up and walked away saying “fight nice”. Poor Persephone…
Blessings
Garnet

8 Likes

Interesting information, thank you for sharing :heart:

8 Likes

@Garnet children girls and boys will always have their own laws… at this time…

8 Likes

@Nixi I’m glad you liked it!

7 Likes

@Amethyst I am glad that I gave you an idea you need!

8 Likes

@BryWisteria DEAR

is so great your love!thank you!

8 Likes

@Phoenix_Rose I’m glad you liked it!

9 Likes

You are very kind, @Airam! The pleasure is all mine- it’s great information! Thanks again and many blessings :blush:

:bouquet: :sparkles::heart:

8 Likes

You did! Thanks again!

7 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.