2 cups fresh basil leaves
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
2 teaspoons grated lemon rind
½ teaspoon kosher salt
¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 garlic clove, peeled
1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
1 cup yellow cherry tomatoes, halved
3 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, cut into 1/2-inch cubes (about 3/4 cup), divided
1 ounce Romano cheese, grated (about 1/4 cup)

Directions:

Step 1

Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat; drain. Place pasta in a large bowl.

Step 2

Combine basil and next 5 ingredients (through garlic) in the bowl of a food processor; process until smooth. Add basil mixture, tomatoes, and 5 ounces mozzarella to pasta; toss to combine. Top with the remaining 5 ounces mozzarella and Romano cheese.

Nutritional Facts:

Per Serving:

364 calories; fat 14.7g; saturated fat 5.3g; mono fat 5.6g; poly fat 1.2g; Protein 15g; carbohydrates 47g; fiber 8g; cholesterol 25mg; iron 3mg; sodium 347mg; calcium 146mg; sugars 4g.

Recipe courtesy of My Recipes.

5 Likes

Basil, Tomatoes, Mozzarella- oh my! :grin: These three make a perfect summery blend, although it’s hard to think about summer flavors when we got some very late snow here in Warsaw this morning :scream: Get out of here, winter! :laughing:

I’m ready for fresh basil from the garden and yummy warm-weather food like this pasta salad :yum::herb:

Thanks for sharing, @Amethyst! :heart:

3 Likes

You’re welcome love! :hugs:

2 Likes

Mmmmm .y belly is growling and I’m so hungry right now. Lol

3 Likes

LOL! Glad I could make you hungry!

2 Likes

I have wanted to try pesto for a while now. My friend makes his own & absolutely loves it. Somehow I have never had it. This looks like a good recipe to have it for the first time though. Thank you @Amethyst!

3 Likes

You’re welcome! I hope you like it!

3 Likes

:yum::hippopotamus: that’s me a hungry hippo :joy:

3 Likes

Yummy lol I have to make this it sounds so good. I am ready for summer foods too. So tired of all the heavy winter foods need some lightness in the belly lol:)

2 Likes

Hee! If anyone is the hippo around here it’s me. I eat too much pizza. LOL.

Yeppers, it’s time for some picnic type foods! Glad you like it!

1 Like

Yesssss picnic foods are the best and so are grills

3 Likes

It’s getting to be that time of year here in the States! Of course, I don’t grill, I’d end up burning the apartments down or something. LOL.

2 Likes

My neighbors are moving permanently to the Cape & selling their first house. So they are bringing us a new gas grill from the original house for our porch. I can’t wait to get it & use it. I love cooking outside.

2 Likes

Wow, that’s great! You got really lucky!

2 Likes