Praying to the triple moon goddess

Hekate is a triple goddess of Magick and Witches who is known for having three forms. The young maiden, the mother, and the elderly crone. She is also a goddess of the underworld and has connections to the darkness and the realms of the dead. She is one who can reside in the upper world and in the underworld and move between them. She is also a goddess of witches and of nature, having sway and power over the darkness of the natural world. She is heavily aligned with the night and with the Magick that courses through the shadows. She has always been and is one of the primal titans, an original goddess and one who rose from the primordial chaos. She teaches the children of the night and those who are naturally gifted with Magick. She is a herald of the witches and one who walk with them through the shadows on their journey. She grants familiars and companions to witches who are just beginning their journey. Those who have a calling to Magick and to the energies of the night are naturally drawn to Hekate as she is a powerful and incredible goddess.
Source from: S&S

I was going to mention her; Hekate, to you. But wasn’t sure if it was her you wanted to know about. Like others well pointed out, about Goddesses as triple.

7 Likes

Either way is fine, is not a error. The thing with pronouncing “Hekate” with a “K”, is closer to the Greek translation. The “C” type according to history, was given by the Romans.

Hello to the rest of the Witches here in the forum, I know that I have been absent for a few months. :grin:

8 Likes

@Pedros10 Thank you! It was hard for me to explain because I haven’t specifically worked with her but I have 2 close friends that work with her regularly so I know a little, but not enough to explain very much. :laughing:

Happy to see you back in the forum! :infinite_roots:

6 Likes

Yeah, she has been mentioned SERVAL times from different people and then randomly popped up in a song and then on Google. Then after I felt the energy shift in my room I was like okay… :slight_smile:

Let’s talk Hekate. :heart::broom::crescent_moon:

So my triple moon goddess necklace could be a symbol for HER? LIKE it can represent different triple goddess?

6 Likes

Hekate The Triple Goddess
Queen of all witches!
Hail Hekate, she who holds the keys.
Hail Hekate, she who lights the World.
Hail Hekate, she who stands at the Gate,
I stand before you, humbled by your blessing of a new key.
That opens the gate to a new beginning.
Accept my gratitude for bringing me to this place
May I brave enough to take up the key,.
May I be strong enouph to overcome all obstacles.
I ask for continued blessing,
Your Guidance
And Protection
So that I will be true to my path ahead .
Hail Hekate, She who holds the keys.
Hail Hekate, she who lights the world.
Hail Hekate, she who stands at the gate.
May I be committed enough to do the required work
Keeping Her Keys Cyndi Brannen
Jeannie

7 Likes

I’m happy to see you too!!!

5 Likes

Right, so Hekate was revered by ancient Greeks as a triple goddess, so if you have triple moon necklace and you want it to be about Hekate, sure, why not. But is it the “official” Hekate symbol, no it is not. Hekate’s symbol is a strapholos (wheel).

Or you can go with the goddess in three aspects, maiden, mother, crone.

Or you can go with Hekate (dark moon/new moon), Diana/Artemis (crescent moon) and Selene/Luna (full moon). All those goddesses are cousins in the Hellenic pantheon. Not everybody signs onto Greek and Roman deities. It is a personal choice.

Or you can do all three – there are no rules about your jewelry. It symbolizes what you want it to symbolize

It depends on your path. Read, read, read. Wikipedia is a good start.

4 Likes

If you decide to work with a deity, you might decided to construct an altar to his or her honor. PIctures are an easy and afforable way to represent goddesses or gods on an altar. When you do research on the topic, you will discover what ancient devotees put on the altar (including animal sacrifices) and what modern ones do (incense, flowers, foods, art works) and you might also be inspired by your own feelings on that. Altar decorations and offerings can be quite specific but again, there is no law that says you have to do it any way other than what you wish to do. The 29th of every month was dedicated to Hecate (ancient Romans) but you can pay tribute anytime you choose. I generally choose Saturdays, the 29ths and also the festival of Hekate on Nov. 16

6 Likes

I have a shelf for my offerings & a statue of the Morrigan & of Brighid. I would love to have pictures to put on my deity’s shelves.

Hekate is also the keeper of the keys… so if you have any old keys that you want to wear you can or her wheel that is also a key.

4 Likes

Fixing to order both of these. :slight_smile:
I notice the middle symbol is different on both…

8 Likes

Just to add on to what others have said, Triple Goddesses were kind of a thing in the ancient world. There were more than one, and they were not limited to any one culture. The Irish…well, I’ll someone else handle that one. :grin: At one point Hekate was a Triple Goddess. She is also many other things, and has a lot of epithets (or names), such as Enodia, Phosphorus, Propolos, Kleidouchos - all names for Hekate, relating to the particular aspect of her that you are invoking. If I am lost and cannot find my way through life to the next stage of growth, I might invoke Hekate Lampadephorus (Hekate, Lightbringer, Torch Bearer) to light my way and show me the path.

So the Triple Goddess can be a reference to Hekate, Goddess of the Crossroads, or it can be used to reference a different triple deity, or just Divine Feminity.

I hope that doesn’t make things worse!:grin::grin:

4 Likes

Those are awesome! Where did you order them from?

4 Likes

From wish.com :slight_smile:

4 Likes

@anon87969570 Celtic Goddesses were triplicities & the very simplified answer is that the number 3 has deep meaning to them, Maiden, Mother, Crone are the transitions through life.

Since it’s 2 AM… I’ll leave it at the very simple answer about them for now. :joy:

@MeganB may be able to help a little more with the Irish/Celtic part if you’re interested @triplemoonlove9091, at least for working knowledge, but as for Hekate Ron works with Her & would definitely know more.

6 Likes