Probably a silly question - but I am a Newbie so... Wind Chimes?

Yay! my second question. I am starting to collect all my bits and pieces for my altar for my Self-Dedication Ritual. I want to have everything organised and ready before I start ( Virgo ).

I have decided to place a wind chime above my altar space. I was just drawn to it really and it does look quite pretty. (I like dangly, sparkly and shiny things).

My completely novice, newbie and probably silly question is…

Would ringing my wind chime be a suitable substitute for ringing a bell in the Self-Dedication Ritual?

Please, all suggestions welcome.

Thank you all in advance for having the time and patience to share your knowledge with a newbie like me. :purple_heart:

8 Likes

I don’t see why not. It’s a chime just like a bell. I also have a wind chime that I made myself hanging in my sacred space but mine is to attract the Fae as they are drawn to shiny, pretty musical things such as chimes.

5 Likes

Thank you! I love what you have made. If I was I Fae I would be all over that!

6 Likes

@jessica72 my ex and I have a theory that I may be of Fae descent in a past life and so I just got the notion to make it months before I started my practice and when I started diving in to my studies about the Fae I knew it belonged in my space. However, it managed to attract the attention of quite a few mischievous trickster types which I later had to trap and release so just a heads up for that one because I was not aware of the different types

6 Likes

That’s amazing! Thank you so much for the info. I will keep that one in mind!

6 Likes

I don’t see why not, it’s your sacred space! Make it yours. Just take note of what @phoenix_dawn said. Hope things turn out fine! :blush:

6 Likes

Thank you. I definitely will. :blush:

6 Likes

If it looks, sounds, & feels good to you, then yes you can use Wind Chimes in place of a Bell on YOUR altar. I love the sounds of windchimes myself! I have some pretty sparkly items hanging from the mirror that is part of my altar. (Mainly because it’s a part of the vanity dresser that I use for my altar space :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:)

I will take a picture when I get back from dropping off my daughter at school this morning! :star2:

5 Likes

Sound energy is very powerful. Especially if you get chimes that tune to a certain vibration. If it feels good to you…go with it. Trust your intuition.

5 Likes

@Susurrus @SilverBear Thank you both :purple_heart: @Susurrus oh yes please. I would love to see. :blush:

4 Likes

This is my whole altar space, there are things hanging from the mirror.

There’s a wire-wrapped Herkimer Diamond above the bluish teardrop. The Herkimer Diamond came from a friend of mine. She wrapped it herself.

The teardrop… I honestly have no idea where it came from. I have a couple of ideas but nothing that screams… you got it from XYZ.

Then I have a Crescent Moon, Sun, & Clear Quartz. I put it there until I can figure out which window I want to hang it from or if I just want to leave it where it is! :heart:

That’s my buddy Alphie laying on my bed in the mirror. He’s my morning friend. Lol :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

5 Likes

Absolutely! Wind chimes are also great for sound cleansing a space :wind_face:

4 Likes

Your sacred space is so beautiful. I love how you have created your space. There is just something about sparkly, dangling and shiny things :heart_eyes:

Mine is only little at the moment. I have found so many things that I would love to add. Just have the minor issue of waiting for pay day :joy: I have been out and about looking. When your looking at things with a new purpose it amazing how many things that previously I would have walked straight past without a second thought now are enthusiastically met with an “oooo. I nedd this.” But that’s the beauty if it. I have all the time in the world to collect and add to my space.

Thank you so much for sharing your space with me. It is beautiful and I am so inspired to add to my own.

I know exactly what you mean. There are 2 furry gentleman in “their” bed fast asleep, one snoring his box off right now. I am only permited to merely provide warmth :joy:

But the is nothing more wonderful than waking up to a tail wag with a lick and a pussy cat kiss. Even if Denzel does snore like a bear who swallowed a chainsaw. For a little man he makes a lot of noise. And clearly “Mummy is never permitted touch my swany!” :paw_prints::joy:

3 Likes

Thank you :blush:

3 Likes