1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder

1 teaspoon kosher salt, divided

1 (15-oz.) can of pumpkin

3 large eggs

1/2 cup heavy cream

1/3 cup firmly packed light brown sugar

1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice

Directions:

Preheat the oven to 350°. Pour water to a depth of 1 inch in the bottom of a double boiler over medium heat; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer. Place the first 3 ingredients in top of a double boiler over simmering water. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 to 6 minutes or until melted. Remove from heat; cool for 10 minutes.

Whisk together 3 eggs, granulated sugar, and the next 2 ingredients in a large bowl. Gradually whisk warm chocolate mixture into egg mixture; cool for 10 minutes.

Grease a 13- x 9-inch baking pan with butter. Line bottom and sides of pan with parchment paper, allowing 2 to 3 inches to extend over sides. Grease (with butter) and flour parchment paper.

Sift flour, baking powder, and 1/2 tsp. salt in a bowl. Whisk into the chocolate mixture. Pour batter into prepared pan, reserving 2/3 cup.

Whisk together pumpkin, the next 4 ingredients, and the remaining 1/2 tsp. salt; pour over brownie batter in pan. Top with reserved brownie batter, and swirl batter gently 3 times in 1 direction and 3 times in the opposite direction with a knife or the end of a wooden spoon.

Bake at 350° for 45 to 50 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out with a few moist crumbs. Cool completely on a wire rack (about 2 hours). Lift brownies from the pan, using parchment paper sides as handles. Gently remove parchment paper, and cut brownies into 24 squares.

Recipe courtesy of Southern Living.

7 Likes

Another good one for right now! I just sent it to my son & his girlfriend to make for dessert at her house tonight. :heart:

6 Likes

Oh, that sounds like fun! I hope they like them!

6 Likes

I’ll let you know when I see them again :rofl:

6 Likes

Those look yummy @Amethyst :hugs:

I may have to try them!

Always with those dang substitutions…

5 Likes

Pumpkin and chocolate? Hello happiness! :wave: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

These sound amazing- thanks for the fun fall treats, @Amethyst! :heart::chocolate_bar: :jack_o_lantern:

4 Likes

Cool! I hope they worked well for them!

I hope they work well with the substitutions and that you like them!

Hee! Glad you like love! It’s time for fall yummies!

6 Likes

@Amethyst… I fell asleep before my son got home :laughing: & now he’s at work… so I’ll do my best to catch him when he gets home from work today. I’ll let you know because I actually sent his girlfriend a few of the pumpkin recipes from here for desserts that she can make for dinners or what nots whether she is here or at home. :smiling_face:

6 Likes

Cool beans! And if there’s every anything special she’s looking for just let me know and I’ll try to find something for it!

6 Likes

Three cheers to that! :raised_hands: :maple_leaf: :partying_face: :jack_o_lantern:

6 Likes

Yesterday I bought a pumpkin because I want to learn how to make pumpkin spice latte, but I think I’m going to need more pumpkin! I will take advantage of the fact that Grandma is at home to pamper her with these cupcakes!!

Thank you so much!!!

7 Likes

You’re welcome! I hope your grandma like the brownies!

6 Likes