Pumpkin Pasta 🎃

I know, I’m spamming y’all with pumpkin recipes this week. Still, I hope you like this one. It sounds good! Especially if you have some fresh sage lying around.

Pumpkin Pasta

Ingredients:

Pasta:

Kosher salt

4 cups all-purpose flour, plus more for dusting

One 15-ounce can of pure pumpkin puree

Sage Butter:

1 stick (8 ounces) unsalted butter

6 fresh sage leaves

Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper

Directions:

Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Dust a baking sheet with flour.

For the pasta: Put the flour and pumpkin puree in a food processor and pulse in short bursts until the mixture comes together and a dough forms, about 1 minute.

Turn the dough out onto a floured work surface. Divide into 4 equal pieces. Roll and cut the pasta to the desired thickness using a rolling pin or a pasta machine. Cut into the desired shape, transfer to the prepared baking sheet and sprinkle with flour (this keeps the pieces from sticking together). Cover the pasta with plastic wrap for up to 4 hours if you are not cooking right away (see Cook’s Note).

Cook the pasta until tender but not mushy (there shouldn’t be a line of raw flour in the center), 2 to 5 minutes, depending on the thickness and shape. Drain thoroughly.

For the sage butter: Meanwhile, melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the sage and cook, stirring occasionally, until the leaves are crispy and the butter begins to brown slightly and has a nutty aroma. Sprinkle in 1 teaspoon of salt. Add the drained pasta to the skillet and toss vigorously to coat. Season with salt and pepper.

Cook’s Note

You can also freeze the pasta right on the baking sheet until hard. Pack into resealable plastic bags and freeze for up to a month. :jack_o_lantern:

5 Likes

This is a whole new level of delicious, @Amethyst! It has been years since I made pasta from scratch! And I can’t say I ever had pumpkin pasta before (although pumpkin ravioli stuffed with pumpkin and cheese is delicious :yum:)- I imagine it takes a while to put together but it sounds really yummy! :drooling_face::spaghetti::jack_o_lantern:

Another beautiful recipe to keep in mind- thanks so much for sharing, @Amethyst! :grin:

1 Like

You’re welcome Darling! You did ask for pumpkin pasta! LOL. It sounds like it wouldn’t be too difficult though, just the rolling out and cutting would be weird if you didn’t have a pasta maker. I’m glad you like it!

1 Like

Yes indeed I did! :laughing: And you delivered- thanks again for sharing these! :two_hearts:

Hahaha my hand-cutting skills leave a lot to be desired. I tried to make pierogi the other day and the shapes were… well, more like abstract art than pierogi :joy: :dumpling: I imagine pasta would be just as creatively shaped… gonna have to see about getting a pasta maker in the future :grin::+1:

1 Like

Use a ruler and a pizza cutter. I’ve seen chefs on TV do that. No need to get a machine. Get a couple of dowel rods for how thick you want the pasta so you don’t make it too thick or think, and then use the ruler and cutter. There, pasta!

But I might be able to find a pasta dish with pumpkin in it for Friday too. :woman_cook: :grin:

1 Like

:astonished:

This is BRILLIANT! :star_struck: Gosh, a little creativity really can solve just about everything :laughing::+1:

And ooohhh~ I’d never say no to another pumpkin dish :yum::jack_o_lantern:

1 Like

I can’t remember which show I saw that on, but it made sense to me. Of course, it would be thicker than spaghetti or what have you, but for egg noodle size, that would work.

Yay! I’ll find you a good one!

1 Like