Pumpkin Spice Cake with Honey Frosting 🎃

Pumpkin Spice Cake with Honey Frosting :jack_o_lantern:

Prep Time: 25 mins
Total Time: 2 hrs 30 mins
Servings: 9

Ingredients:

For the Cake

½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted, plus more for pan

2 ½ cups all-purpose flour, (spooned and leveled)

2 teaspoons baking soda

½ teaspoon salt

1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice (or 1 ½ teaspoons cinnamon, ¾ teaspoon ginger, ½ teaspoon nutmeg, and ⅛ teaspoon each allspice and cloves)

2 large eggs

1 ½ cups sugar

1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin puree

For the Honey Frosting

½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, very soft

1 bar (8 ounces) regular (or reduced-fat) cream cheese, very soft

¼ cup honey

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter a 9-inch square baking pan.

In a medium bowl, whisk flour, baking soda, salt, and pumpkin pie spice. In a large bowl, whisk eggs, sugar, butter, and pumpkin puree until combined. Add dry ingredients to the pumpkin mixture, and mix gently until smooth.

Turn batter into prepared pan, and smooth top. Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out with just a few moist crumbs attached, 45 to 50 minutes. Cool cake for 10 minutes in the pan, then turn out of the pan, and cool completely, right side up, on a rack.

Make Honey Frosting: In a medium bowl, whisk butter, cream cheese, and honey until smooth.

Spread the top of the cooled cake with honey frosting. Cut cake into squares to serve.

Recipe courtesy of Martha Stewart.com.

12 Likes

Nice. Thankyou :heartpulse:

8 Likes

Ooo thank you for sharing! I bet my daughter would be interested in this recipe! :hugs:

8 Likes

I think I am in love. The hard part is finding canned pumkin puree in Greece :disappointed:

9 Likes

This sounds yummy :yum: Thanks so much @Amethyst :hugs: :jack_o_lantern: :cake: :orange_heart:

8 Likes

You’re welcome, @tracyS!

You’re welcome, I hope she likes it!

Do you have any other kinds of winter squash? They might work. Like butternut.

You’re welcome, @marsha! I hope you enjoy it!

9 Likes

Canned, no :smiling_face_with_tear: I will go to a place that sells american products. If i dont find there i will make some the traditional way :jack_o_lantern:

9 Likes

Good luck! I hope you enjoy it either way!

9 Likes

If I ever see her long enough to show her… lately she’s very extroverted, social butterfly :butterfly:, & busy with all the things :joy:

8 Likes

Make it for her and surprise her if you can. That would be a nice treat for Halloween!

8 Likes

That’s what I had to do and it actually worked out really well. :smile: I can recommend it.

6 Likes

I might do as well. I will make it on Sunday with my mom. Perhaps double batch cause we will share with everybody :rofl:

6 Likes

So, I made it! And it was a big hit! Even my dad who doesn’t like weird stuff ate it :tada:
Couldn’t find the canned one, so i made the puree the classic way :pie:

6 Likes

Oh that’s great @stavroula! I’m so happy that it was such a hit for you & your family! :hugs:

4 Likes

So glad you liked it, @stavroula! And that your Dad liked it. It was probably better with fresh pumpkin puree over canned.

5 Likes

Looks deeeeelicious! :yum: :pie: :two_hearts: Making the puree by hand is a lot of work, but it sounds like the effort paid off- a very tasty treat, loved by all! I’d say “send me a slice”, but I imagine such a yummy treat will be eaten very quickly :wink: :heart:

Enjoy!

5 Likes