Remover of Obstacles - The Lord Ganesha

I know I have spoken about Lord Ganesha before. He is my “go to” guy! :elephant:

Take some time today and remove those obstacles in your way with a little help from Lord Ganesha.

Remember that an obstacle in your path is more than likely placed there as a lesson. It is a challenge placed there to aid you in your growth. It is how you approach said obstacle and react to it that will make all the difference in your journey! So once this obstacle has been removed, remember to take away the lesson that came with it. Learn from it. Grow
from it. :slight_smile:

Do you have a deity you are drawn to or work with?

What you will need:

• 1 black candle
  • 1 white candle
  • Cauldron/fire-proof dish
  • Lighter/matches
  • Paper
  • Pen
  • Figure or Image of Ganesha
  • At least 2 of the following herbs/roots, Cayenne, Chamomile, Cloves, Dragon’s Blood, Eucalyptus, High John the Conqueror, Lemongrass, Pepper, or Sage

Write down on your paper any wishes - be specific in what you are asking for.

Light your candles and begin with repeating this phrase

“Om Gum Ganapataye Namah” (salutations to the remover of obstacles)
Lord Gasnesha join us here
We wish to see the path is clear
We ask your help on this day
To find out how to clear the way

Get your two herbs place them in your cauldron, take your paper and fold it in half, place in your cauldron. Take your lighter, light the contents in the cauldron and repeat,

"To our honored guest, we bring
Wishes out hearts seek to give wing
Join with us to create success
All desires Good Fortune express"

Meditate, and imagine everything leaving you…all those obstacles are being released!

Make sure to thank Ganesha once you are done. :slight_smile:
He likes Hibiscus FYI!

8 Likes

Thanks for this recipe and mantra, Laurie!! :person_in_lotus_position: It looks very powerful, and the video was beautifully made!

I’d love to learn more about Ganesha! :elephant:

While I am always more drawn to European Witchcraft, I know that Gerald Gardner (founder of Wicca) lived in Malaysia where he picked up lots of Hindu ideas, which he then incorporated into his practice.

4 Likes

Thank you so much for sharing, @SilverBear! I didn’t know much about Lord Ganesha before, this is a lot of helpful information! My great-grandmother collected elephant trinkets, she thought they would bring good luck to the family :elephant::two_hearts: . The appreciation for elephants (and parts of her collection) passed to my nana, and also to my mother. Perhaps this is sign that I should also add an elephant symbol or diety to my practice! Thank you! :+1:

I didn’t know this- what a fun fact! I had the opportunity to spend a bit of time in the capital KL, and I spent a day at the beautiful Batu Caves. I’m also not too familiar with Hindu deities, but I can absolutely see why Gerald Gardner was inspired to incorporate deities from this region into his practice.

Here is a small taste of Malaysia from the Batu Caves!

The entry temple area, stairs, and inside the caves are all gorgeously decorated with statues, monuments, and colorful works of traditional art! Many of the depictions were of peacocks, and the entire area was full of wild monkeys :monkey: and roosters :rooster: .

I highly recommend a visit for anyone with an interest in religions, history, or breath-taking scenery! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

7 Likes

the pictures look amazing! I’d love to visit there…although, I’d probably be really excited to see the monkeys too! LOL :see_no_evil: :hear_no_evil: :speak_no_evil:

3 Likes

This is fab! Do you think I could do a version to Selene? She’s my girl :white_heart::white_heart::white_heart:

3 Likes

Oh, the Batu Caves :heart_eyes: I went there some years ago in early September, so trust me when I say that I was dripping with sweat :joy: and somehow walking down the stairs was worse than up. I also remember that there was a sign telling people that it was a religious site, and not for jogging - I just thought, who is crazy enough to run up these stairs in this kind of weather?? :sunny:

3 Likes

Oh yes! Just find out what she likes and offer her those things! <3

3 Likes

Hahaha oh I can imagine! I’ve never experienced heat like I did in Malaysia- the high temperture is one thing- but all that humidity and the full sun is absolutely killer :hot_face: Even so, I bet you can agree that our suffering was totally worth it :laughing: :+1:

Ahhh I didn’t catch that sign! :joy:No way- I also can’t imagine who would be running around anywhere in that kind of weather, not to mention up those crazy stairs! Most of my worries- heat and stairs aside- were how the monkeys were eyeing up all the tourists looking to see if there was anything they could steal :monkey: :eyes:

4 Likes

Thank you so much for this @SilverBear! I was looking for ideas on what to offer Lord Ganesha and I found this :slight_smile: Thank you!

3 Likes

@BryWisteria love the photos! I lived in Malaysia for about a year and a half and loved every second of it :heart:

2 Likes

That’s amazing that you lived in Malaysia, @Peridot :blush: Hopefully we’ll both have the chance to back again someday- it is a really lovely place! :sparkles:

2 Likes

@SilverBear thank you for this! I have a few obstacles that need clearing myself and I just got my little figurine of Lord Ganesha a few weeks ago. I wasn’t quite sure where he fit in with my altar but when I saw him something told me I had to bring him home with me. Now I know why :grin: and perfectly timed too because I have a decent supply of hibiscus from my mother’s and my neighbors hibiscus plants that I gathered everyday when they fell this summer

2 Likes

Malaysia is one of the best places I have lived in, @BryWisteria I climbed Mount Kinabalu once and I would love to do that again :slight_smile:

2 Likes

That sounds like a perfect use for your hibiscus, @phoenix_dawn! :hibiscus:

Wow, that must have been amazing @Peridot! I hope you can make the exciting climb again someday :blush:

2 Likes

It was an amazing experience @BryWisteria but I was soooo stiff for almost a week after the climb hahahaha It was totally worth it though :smiley:

1 Like