1/4 tsp baking powder
1 tbsp granulated white sugar
2 tbsp fat-free milk or low-fat milk
2 tbsp rosé champagne syrup
1/2 tbsp vegetable oil
1-2 drops of pink food coloring

for the frosting (serves 2)

1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
1 tbsp rosé champagne, you can also substitute with a few drops of champagne extract
2 tsp granulated sugar
1-2 drops of pink food coloring

Directions:

In a small saucepan, add syrup ingredients and stir to mix. Turn on the stove and bring the ingredients to a boil over medium heat. Cook until the syrup is reduced to half the amount, stirring occasionally to fully dissolve the sugar into the champagne. This should take about 3 minutes. You should be left with 2 tbsp of champagne syrup.

For the cake, combine all ingredients in an oversized microwave-safe mug. Mix with a small whisk until the batter is smooth. If desired, pour batter into a 6 oz champagne coupe glass. Make sure the batter only fills up half of the glass as it will rise further when cooking.

Cook in microwave at full power for about 1 minute. The top of the cake should look cooked. Let mug cake cool while making frosting.

To make the frosting: combine frosting ingredients in the bowl of a stand mixer and whip on high speed until stiff peaks form. Let the cake cool for a few minutes before frosting the top of the cake. If you are only making a single cake, you can store the rest of the frosting in the fridge for later use. The cake is best consumed while still slightly warm.

Notes:

Because this cake cooks for just 1 minute, I cooked mine directly in the champagne glass with no issues. But if you’re worried about heating your champagne glass, you can also cook the cake in another mug or bowl and then plate it in the champagne glass.

Recipe and picture courtesy of Kirbie’s Cravings.

9 Likes

That looks so good! :yum:

6 Likes

Looks so good! I want to try. I wonder how it would do with a substitute flour (I’m gluten free)

7 Likes

That is beautiful!!!

6 Likes

Thanks, @marsha! It’s like a party in a cup!

Not sure, I’ve never worked with substitute flour before. Maybe just make one serving and see? That way if it’s a no go, you won’t waste much cake.

Thank you, my dear! It seemed fitting for NYE!

7 Likes

Oh that looks so delightful & yummy :yum: I think I’m saving this one too! Thank you :blush: for sharing @Amethyst!

4 Likes

You’re welcome, my dear! Have to bring the New Year in right, and how better to do it than with cake?

4 Likes

I mean cake is always a big Win in my book :rofl:

6 Likes

Omg can I have some? That looks beautiful

6 Likes

Have away, @john1! It does look nice, doesn’t it?

5 Likes

Oh my! That has to be fabulous :yum::heart::blush:

5 Likes

It looks decadent, doesn’t it? Yum!

5 Likes