Rose of Jericho

So, I grabbed a Rose of Jericho aka Resurrection Flower from my local shop on Friday but, I have no idea how to use it! I got it because I was told it could be used to revitalize relationships which mine, and I assume many others, could use considering the pandemic. Being around someone 24/7 for this long is taking it’s toll.

Can anyone guide me on how to use this flower for my purpose please? I would greatly appreciate it!

11 Likes

I haven’t used it in my practice but it helps to remove negative energy. Actually this is the information that I found about it…

"There are many magickal properties associated with the Resurrection Plant.

– This is a plant said to be an everlasting plant with magical properties. Place the plant in a saucer or shallow bowl of water and watch it grow. The water is said to have mystical qualities and can be sprinkled about the house to erase negative influences, bring peace, harmony and abundance.

– Carry dry clippings on your person to absorb negative energy. The Rose of Jericho is said to erase negative influences, bring peace, harmony and abundance.

– It is is a rare magickal botanical, sought after for use in Voodoo and Santeria traditions for love and money spells. While another traditional Witchraft use is to use the water to cleanse yourself self before ritual or spell work, wash floors, doorways and anoint candles."

I got that from Hedgewitchery, Brews, & Potions

There may be someone else that has used it before in their practice and can give you a little more information about it.

10 Likes

Great topic, Neptune! I have one! Currently it’s in its “dead” state so I’ll make sure to revive it on Valentine’s Day! :cupid:

It is a plant that has hardly any roots and can be blown away in deserts. It is not really a rose, but a fern and usually appears in two very different states: made into a ball, brown and dark, or fluffy and in a bright green color.

It is typically used to protect the home and bring luck. :house_with_garden: Its positive symbolism comes from the plant’s ability to “resurrect” itself and other plants. Its a true healer!

Traditional spell with Rose of Jericho water

1. Fill a bowl with water and add the plant.
  2. Dip a gold chain or rose quartz, which will be your love amulet.
  3. Chant a prayer, for example:

“I adopt you, Jericho Rose, and I welcome you into my home, so that your wandering through the deserts ends, and you find in this humble place your definitive mansion. Help me get the love I want, to fulfill my life and dreams.”

1. Wear the amulet or keep it close to you at home.

Good luck! :pray:

10 Likes

Thank you @Susurrus and @Francisco!

7 Likes

This is very informative, always heard about this but was never to sure about its properties. Would really like to get my hands on one of this, since it is very beneficial but my chances seems very slim base o my location.

7 Likes

They are for sale on Etsy and they’re not expensive.

Keep in mind that there are two plants commonly known as Rose of Jericho: Anastatica hierochuntica and Selaginella lepidophylla, the first one being native to the Middle East and Africa, and the second one to the Americas.

7 Likes

Ohhhhh, I understand will be happy to get one. @Francisco I am happy to know this, thank you!

6 Likes

This is awesome- thanks to @Susurrus and @Francisco for the helpful info, and to @Neptune for opening up a great topic! :blush:

I’ve never worked with (or owned) a Rose of Jericho before, but it seems like a lovely plant with a very wholesome symbolism :two_hearts: Not sure it’s something I’d be able to find in Poland, but I’ll be on the lookout! :seedling: :grin:

5 Likes

I have never owned one either, we do have a Rose of Sharon in our front yard and that is beautiful when it blooms. We got it a few years ago. The flowers are gorgeous on it. I don’t know where I would find a Rose of Jericho but they are nice too. I will have to look into it a little bit more.

5 Likes