Rosemary and apple cedar hair tonic

Hi all, so i was going through my witch 2022 diary just checking my future events, and since they have added nice little spells, potions and much more, and i came across a tonic for hair loss and baldness. The receipe was:

Take a few rosemary and shed the leaves off, boil them in water for 30 mins and strain out the leaves. Add home made/ natural apple cider and use as you would with shampoo and rinse.

Do you think this may help considering it’s contents? I want to make this for my partner and thought of getting a second opinion if i am going to have to make apple cider too.

10 Likes

So, as a biochemist by training, I often look to science for explanations of things in nature. Well, those that we’ve figured out.

I’m assuming you mean apple cider vinegar and not the drink apple cider. It is believed that ACV as a hair rinse could improve hair strength and lower scalp pH. There is little research (as it’s the case with most natural remedies) to support or refute the claim so :woman_shrugging:.

This can help with hair thinning as it would help hair from breaking. So if the hair loss is also a result of hair breakage, this could work. As for the change in pH, I don’t remember enough of my biology to know how this would affect hair growth.

The rosemary has some great benefits and scientific research to support it. Carnosic acid found in rosemary has been shown to heal tissue and nerve damage. Additionally, research has shown rosemary has been shown to protect against hair loss, with a 2015 trial pitting the essential oil against the active ingredient in Rogaine. It priced to be just as successful and didn’t have the itchy scalp side affect.

From what I can see, they can’t be any harm in trying the tonic, other than the time you put into it if it doesn’t work. While you are making it, focus you intention to give it the best chance.

8 Likes

Hi @TheMuslimWitch!

Amaris already gave a fantastic answer- a second vote from me that it is probably apple cider vinegar and not apple cider. ACV is in just about every home remedy these days (from skin treatments to digestive issues to natural shampoos, etc.), but I have never seen apple cider as an ingredient outside of apple-y autumn dishes :apple: :plate_with_cutlery:

I’ve never experimented with hair loss/baldness remedies before, so I’m afraid I can’t offer much here- apologies! I’m just going to second this awesome advice Amaris gave:

And wish you all the best with the recipe- if you give a try, please let us know how it works for you!

Good luck and blessed be! :sparkles:

9 Likes

Im interested in this for hair REGROWTH after chemo, so keep us posted as to its efficacy please!!! Thanks @TheMuslimWitch

6 Likes

Rosemary :seedling: is good for making your hair thicker.
I have been putting a lot of Rosemary EO in my dandruff mix because my hair has been thinning the last couple of years. I love the smell! I found a Rosemary shampoo and conditioner by Sauve so it’s a good price. I add extra Rosemary EO to that too. So far I don’t think I have used it long enough to see thicker hair. I do think the dandruff oil is helping. I have less itching and less flakes.

Here is the link to my post about the dandruff oil I made if you’re interested:

https://forum.spells8.com/t/weekly-witchy-challenge-let-a-witch-unwind/22054/57?u=sarall
Good luck with your recipe @TheMuslimWitch I look forward to hearing about your results.
:butterfly:

6 Likes

@Sarafeena_Sage i have to agree with u, the Suave is great. Herbal Essence also has it. And i also add EO to mine aswell. I add Rosemary to just about everything. Rosemary is my crack lol.

@TheMuslimWitch apple cider vinegar tablets also help with hair growth and u dont have the smell. And should be available anywhere vitamins are sold, ive gotten mine at Walmart, dollar general, etc. Im not exactly sure where u are located but ive also gotten them from our local pharmacy.

6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.