Rosemary Chicken Salad Sandwiches

Rosemary Chicken Salad Sandwiches

Yield:
5 servings (serving size: 1 sandwich)

Ingredients:

3 cups chopped roasted skinless, boneless chicken breasts (about 3/4 pound)
⅓ cup chopped green onions
¼ cup chopped smoked almonds
¼ cup plain fat-free yogurt
¼ cup light mayonnaise
1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
⅛ teaspoon salt
⅛ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
10 slices whole-grain bread

Directions:

Step 1

Combine the first 9 ingredients, stirring well. Spread about 2/3 cup of chicken mixture over each of 5 bread slices, and top with remaining bread slices. Cut sandwiches diagonally in half.

Nutritional Facts:

Per Serving:
360 calories; calories from fat 29%; fat 11.6g; saturated fat 2.1g; mono fat 3.5g; poly fat 1.8g; protein 33.6g; carbohydrates 29.9g; fiber 4.4g; cholesterol 76mg; iron 2.9mg; sodium 529mg; calcium 104mg.

This recipe courtesy of My Recipes.

Enjoy!

7 Likes

Chicken just goes so perfectly with rosemary :herb::poultry_leg: :yum: And you think about all the wonderful medicinal and magickal benefits of rosemary, it makes it all the more enjoyable to eat! :grin:

Thanks for sharing this one, @Amethyst! The weather is warming up and I’m starting to crave summertime snacks again. This is perfect! :hearts:

4 Likes

This sounds delicious. But I haven’t been too hungry lately. But I love your recipes :yum:

2 Likes

I’m with @christina4 & love the recipes! My middle child loves when I make homemade chicken salad so I think I am going to try this out on him this weekend. Thank you so much!

2 Likes

You’re welcome! I thought that the rosemary would really give this chicken salad a kick. Sounds good at the very least! Glad you liked!

I’m sorry you’ve not been hungry. Hopefully, things will get better for you and this recipe will be here when you want it. :hugs:

1 Like

You’re welcome, love! The comments below it said to smush up the almonds in the food processor so they aren’t so chunky, but it’s up to you. Depends on how much of a crunch your Middle one likes. Enjoy!

2 Likes

This sounds delicious. I’m not a huge mayonnaise fan, would it work if I doubled up the fat-free yoghurt?

3 Likes

I don’t see why not. I’ve used sour cream to make tuna salad and it turned out good. Yogurt should be fine!

2 Likes