Rosemary & Garlic Flatbread

Rosemary and garlic are used in this flatbread to warm the body and improve circulation during the cold months.

Ingredients:
2 cups of all-purpose flour (plus extra for dusting)
3/4 cup of almond milk, rice milk, soy milk, or other nondairy milk of your choice
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
2 sprigs of rosemary
2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp pink Himalayan salt
2 - 3 tsp olive oil, canola oil, coconut oil, or almond oil

Directions:
Chop the rosemary into small pieces and set aside. Combine olive oil and milk in a large bowl. Slowly mix in flour and salt until a ball of dough starts to form. Add half of the garlic powder and rosemary. Add flour to your countertop and kneed dough for about a minute. If the dough is too sticky, add more flour.

Place a few drops of olive oil in a clean bowl and place the dough inside. Cover with plastic wrap or a lid and let rest for at least half an hour.

Remove the dough from the bowl and set it on your countertop (make sure you dust it once more with flour). Depending on the size of your frying pan, you’ll want to separate the dough into 3 - 6 pieces. Roll each piece into a ball and then flatten with a rolling pin. You can also use your hands if you prefer a rustic flatbread. Dust the flattened dough with the remaining garlic powder and rosemary, using your hands to press in any loose rosemary pieces.

Heat your frying pan on medium with 1 tsp of the cooking oil. When the oil is hot, add one of the flatbreads. Cook for 1 - 2 minutes or until the top starts to bubble. Flip and cook the opposite side for the same amount of time. Repeat until all the flatbreads are cooked. Eat immediately.

6 Likes

Wow. This sounds so good and garlicky @Susurrus! I’ve never seen a recipe for flatbread before. Thank you for sharing!

3 Likes

This is a wintertime favorite at my place! The rosemary and garlic go so well together, and there are few things more homey and delicious than fresh-baked bread :yum::bread:

I love the rosemary garlic bread with oven-roasted chicken and mashed potatoes :potato::drooling_face::two_hearts:

This is a great recipe- with some wonderful health benefits too. Thanks for sharing, @Susurrus :heart_decoration:

3 Likes

You are very welcome. I think once a week I will post a recipe from the witchy cookbook so I don’t inundate the forum with too many all at once. I’m picking the ones with some nice health benefits for the cold season.

3 Likes

I look forward to what you find!

3 Likes

I’ll have to go through it again. I saw one for a tea that you can make iced or hot. I was intrigued by that one.

3 Likes

That sounds wonderful- I can’t wait to see what you share, Krissie! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

I’m going to look through it again this week and post a couple. I’ll see if maybe there’s a drink we could try or a tea.

2 Likes

I know we have many tea-lovers here in the forums- and I’m definitely always up for learning a new tea recipe! :tea::blush:

2 Likes

I’m the same way, I have so many different teas. I will look today & see what I can find for a tea to make.

2 Likes