Rune Wisdom Suggestions

Hello all you Beautiful and magickal people :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

How are you all? i hope everyone is well :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
For the last 24 days, I have been doing posts on each Rune in the Elder Futhark Runes and their uses, meaning and correspondences. I honestly enjoyed making each of those posts because they also helped my knowledge of the Runes grow quicker than id managed before I met you all :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I honestly believe that finding this Coven was a gift to me from the Gods, and I have left offerings and thanks in their honour for it :heartpulse: but, the Gods are not petty in their Giving and don’t require offerings solely for them, they also ask that I give back to such a community in the best way that I am able. And if helping to expand the infinite knowledge on here then that’s what ill do :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Once a week I’m going to a post going further into different aspects of the Runes. Now, I am no expert and some of the information in my posts I will be learning along with you all. But, I promise to be meticulous in my research and only include that which I know and give good links for those I do not :heartpulse:

I have a couple of topics written down already but is there anything that anyone would particularly like to learn about surrounding the Runes? It would really help me with my idea list and make sure I’m making posts that people need :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Thank you all so much for being awesome :heartpulse: Blessed Be :heartpulse:

9 Likes

This is lovely!! Thanks for doing this for the Coven!! :nerd_face:

There are many topics I’d love to learn regarding the runes. These are some that I thought, maybe to start brainstorming ideas:

• History/archaeology of runic inscriptions

• Other runic alphabets and their relationship to the Germanic runes

• Differences between Elder Futhark and Younger Futhark

• History or analysis of the Anglo Saxon rune poem?

• Bindrunes

Also I’m really curious about when or how the runes went from being used mainly as an alphabet to being used in divinations.

7 Likes

Oh I’m so excited about this!!! I find runes fascinating but don’t know enough to confidently read or use them.

7 Likes

Thanks once again for your generous gifts of rune knowledge, @Liisa! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :books: Your posts are not only insightful, but always very fun to read :blush:

If you come across any instructions for spells or rituals that draw on a rune(s), I am very interested in seeing how rune users incorporate runes directly into spell/ritual work! :sparkles:

Thanks so much again! Looking forward to digging deeper into runes with you and the coven :infinite_roots: :two_hearts:

7 Likes

Those are great topics!!! Yeah, I was going to say all that :sweat_smile:

seriously, @Liisa thank you for doing this!!! I like how you mention how you’re learning along with us.

6 Likes

@Liisa this video might be helpful!! :wink:

7 Likes

I have no idea where to start with Runes but I have some worksheets on them for readings. I don’t even have any Runes because I’m not sure if I should buy some to connect with, what type, how to use them. I have so many questions! But I love learning about the ones you post for, I just don’t retain the information the way I would like to anymore. Damn memory issues!

4 Likes

@Francisco Those are really good areas to cover thank you :heart: I have a few academic papers on the history and architecture of the Runes, I’ve never read through all of them yet but they will provide awesome references for the posts :grin: I’ve noted your list down in the book :heart:

@Artemisia I was the same when I first came across the Runes I couldn’t make heads nor tails of them lol :joy: but little by little the information is starting to stick, and I have a notebook full of my scribbles to help my terrible memory :heart:

@BryWisteria Thank You :heart: I have done a little work with Runes in magic, I carve single or Bind Runes on to my candles, protect my house and space with them, and put them in spell jars carved or written onto something :grin: I will add Rune Spellwork to the list :heart:

@christina4 you are very welcome :heart: I’m having fun with it :grin: got ideas buzzing round my head, thank you for the video also :heart:

@Susurrus I feel you I’ve been looking into the Runes for a few months now and it’s only been this last month that it has really started sticking :blush: and that’s only the names and what they look like, I still have my notebook for the meanings and uses :heart:

5 Likes